Must read on 'the incident.'

That’s actually a really good point re the gradual infiltration of VAR into the subconscious thinking of officials, managers and players alike.

The officials on Saturday in particular the referee and Northstand assistant have given a clear view of what VAR could and probably would be like for lower league football if it ever became part of the game.

A game that comes devoid of its instant euphoric high, a passionless, sterile, joyless corporate TV driven product which doesn’t give a s**t about supporters who actually attend matches.
Yes and possibly lead to cases of post goal stress syndrome (not in any way to belittle actual PTSD)

Very true - we should have left the stadium bouncing off the walls, high on the adrenaline of a last kick victory that felt like it had saved our season.
Instead, we had that euphoric state drained from us by a shambolic turn of events which became the defining moment of the game.

Very true - we should have left the stadium bouncing off the walls, high on the adrenaline of a last kick victory that felt like it had saved our season.
Instead, we had that euphoric state drained from us by a shambolic turn of events which became the defining moment of the game.

I was still buzzing walking out of the stadium.

That’s actually a really good point re the gradual infiltration of VAR into the subconscious thinking of officials, managers and players alike.

The officials on Saturday in particular the referee and Northstand assistant have given a clear view of what VAR could and probably would be like for lower league football if it ever became part of the game.

A game that comes devoid of its instant euphoric high, a passionless, sterile, joyless corporate TV driven product which doesn’t give a s**t about supporters who actually attend matches.

Excellently put. But I got that instant high on Saturday, higher than for ages watching OUFC. I don't think VAR would have taken that away. Then when the goal was (temporarily) ruled out obviously that high was wiped out too, but with it's reinstatement along with the relief came another little high. Controversy is all part of the game and I can put up with that as long as the right decision is what we end up with.
I doubt we'll ever see anything like this again.

Sour grapes from a very misguided and (ok, with good reason) partisan spectator?
Some very unsavoury and bullish tactics being exhibited by both sides but certainly more vigorous from the Bradford representatives.

I did find it amusing that KR decided to make himself look better by acting as peacemaker and protecting the officials!
Lol , I could not stop laughing over that , it was reported in the news that he did protect the officials as well!

Oxblogger has given us a superb forensic assessment of the final minute of play in the Bradford game. Permit me to highlight one especially wonderful passage:

Curiously, according to the rules, the ball isn’t ‘in-play’ until it leaves the box. So, from the moment Simon Eastwood touches it to the moment it leaves the box, the ball is in an existential crisis, stuck somewhere between being a football and not being a football.

For the full read:

The law changes on that next season. Along with a number of other bits and pieces.

"Goal kick
The ball is in play once the kick is taken; it can be played before leaving the penalty area."

Incisive n in depth overview from Dennis Hedges on selfys sport show on rad ox last night ...should be on bbc iplayer

Back
Top Bottom