Music

Oldham

What music do you listen to? Driving in the car or out with the mrs. Got to have some tunes. For me it’s usually The Small faces or The Jam, or sixties freakbeat like The Creation or maybe a little Northern Soul.

Wide and eclectic variety....REAL music made by REAL musicians ,fly tunes from 60s to 90s and a few Contemporary bands too..... also I Dj uk & internationally playing rare soul ,including northern and uptempo funk all on strictly original vinyl only :cool:

Wide and eclectic variety....REAL music made by REAL musicians ,fly tunes from 60s to 90s and a few Contemporary bands too..... also I Dj uk & internationally playing rare soul ,including northern and uptempo funk all on strictly original vinyl only :cool:

Any of these Sarge?...

1. I Know - Dan Nix & The Teen Sounds
2. Won't You Say Yes To Me, Girl - Chuck Conlon
3. Can't Tell You - The Fabulous Depressions
4. Doubtful - Frankie St John and The Penetrations
5. Situation Sad - Finnigans Wake
6. If I Didn't Love You Girl - Travis Pike's Tea Party
7. Polka Dotted Eyes - The Snaps
8. Too Late To Kiss You Now - The Cords
9. Hold Back The Sunrise - Ron Gray
10. Norwegian Skies - Bill Eucker
11. Face The New Day - The Sound Track
12. Noone Knows The Day - Paragraph Music
13. Set Your Mind Free - Obsession Of Sound
14. A Rose And A Heart - Adrian Hoes
15. Dr. Morgan's Panacea - Little Bare Big Bear
16. Time - Jocelyn Joyca/Dr Robert Remix
17. He Means So Much To Me - Marilyn Mattson
18. The Day Is Hard - The Wrench
19. Such A Good Thing - The Showmen
20. Saying Things - Mike Burnett

My play list for the car contains stuff like The Pixies, Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer, Manic Street Preachers, Wolf Alice, Flaming Lips, Muse, Joy Division, The Cardigans. Nothing that old or particularly weird here!

Any of these Sarge?...

1. I Know - Dan Nix & The Teen Sounds
2. Won't You Say Yes To Me, Girl - Chuck Conlon
3. Can't Tell You - The Fabulous Depressions
4. Doubtful - Frankie St John and The Penetrations
5. Situation Sad - Finnigans Wake
6. If I Didn't Love You Girl - Travis Pike's Tea Party
7. Polka Dotted Eyes - The Snaps
8. Too Late To Kiss You Now - The Cords
9. Hold Back The Sunrise - Ron Gray
10. Norwegian Skies - Bill Eucker
11. Face The New Day - The Sound Track
12. Noone Knows The Day - Paragraph Music
13. Set Your Mind Free - Obsession Of Sound
14. A Rose And A Heart - Adrian Hoes
15. Dr. Morgan's Panacea - Little Bare Big Bear
16. Time - Jocelyn Joyca/Dr Robert Remix
17. He Means So Much To Me - Marilyn Mattson
18. The Day Is Hard - The Wrench
19. Such A Good Thing - The Showmen
20. Saying Things - Mike Burnett
Know most have a few ....most recent additions to dj playbox are Dam Sam the Miracle man- the miracle man/ give me another joint, pervis lee-you don't care(lp) , Angela davis-my love is strong.....(all on you tube. ..but can't do cut n paste on the device I'm on at the mo) ....also 2 non YouTube acquisitions: prisoners of love- ghetto car , free fayre-hey,big brother....(exclusive sarge spins currently!) ....and have just re-obtained classic instrumental oldie :Frankie lovem an crocker-ton o dynamite ......other results of original vinyl wheeling n dealing imminently due to bear fruition ,i hope!:cool::cool:

My play list for the car contains stuff like The Pixies, Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer, Manic Street Preachers, Wolf Alice, Flaming Lips, Muse, Joy Division, The Cardigans. Nothing that old or particularly weird here!
I'd suggest Flaming Lips are on the weird scale... My tastes go from Bowie, through Joy Division, Clash, Echo and the Bunny men, Stone Roses, New Order, Radiohead, Kasabian, Editors, DMA's. So basically Indie Guitar.

Quite eclectic really. A sample would be:

Staind - early stuff
Stiff Little Fingers
Eels
Stereophonics
Eric Clapton
Midge Ure/Ultravox
Simple Minds
Bear's Den
Damian Rice
Shawn Mullins
The Jayhawks
Kris Delmhorst
Muddy Waters
Robert Johnson
Sam Lee
Clannad
The Saw Doctors

All depends on the mood I'm in really.

Quite eclectic really. A sample would be:

Staind - early stuff
Stiff Little Fingers
Eels
Stereophonics
Eric Clapton
Midge Ure/Ultravox
Simple Minds
Bear's Den
Damian Rice
Shawn Mullins
The Jayhawks
Kris Delmhorst
Muddy Waters
Robert Johnson
Sam Lee
Clannad
The Saw Doctors

All depends on the mood I'm in really.
Re Saw Doctors....lead singer Davey Carlton has been to a few OUFC games and supporting OUFC too, over recent seasons...the 4-2 away win at Notts county being one of them....whats his connection? His partner is an OUFC supporter (my cousin -also OUFC supporter- daughter, so his partner is my 2nd cousin?). . .they are getting hitched this September

I'd suggest Flaming Lips are on the weird scale... My tastes go from Bowie, through Joy Division, Clash, Echo and the Bunny men, Stone Roses, New Order, Radiohead, Kasabian, Editors, DMA's. So basically Indie Guitar.
The last couple of albums have been strange - The Terror was bloody good but a hard nut to crack. Not a fan of the Miley Cyrus stuff so it just does not exist in my head

A band I would class as weird are the Butthole Surfers. No idea how I heard about them or got into their music.

Saw Flaming Lips at Brookes some years ago....oxfords own Candyskins often did a live cover of flaming lips -she don't use jelly, with Mark Cope on lead vocals

Can't beat a bit of the late, great Teddy Pendergrass. Music to make luuuurrrrvvvve to.

I expect most of you (Sarge excepted) won't have a clue who he is, or weren't born when he was in his prime.

I listen to anything and everything. For example my two most played albums last month were Machine Head - Catharsis and also frank turner - greatest hits

Can't beat a bit of the late, great Teddy Pendergrass. Music to make luuuurrrrvvvve to.

I expect most of you (Sarge excepted) won't have a clue who he is, or weren't born when he was in his prime.
Harold Melvin and Bluenotes lead singer (and drummer initially) for many years until he went solo as a singer to international a claim.... one of his very earliest recordings was as Teddy & the fingerpoppers- soul groove pt1 &2, .....a highly sought after big money rarity on the Philly based arctic label, and an occasional spin of mine when djing.....its on YouTube btw @Colin B ...enjoy ;)

Dear old PP Arnold.

Me: mostly Scarlatti, Vivaldi, Calexico, Can, Best Coast and various reggae.
Not familiar with Best Coast @PC ... is it like West Coast but better?;)

One of my favourite songs
Pat Arnold aka P P ....former Ikette(like and Tina Turner backing girls) who became a star via her Immediate recordings in the 60s both solo and with small faces.... she's still performing live I've been fortunate to have seen her live on a number of times and lucky enough to have met the lovely lady (as well as interview her for my day job) on a few occasions

Re Saw Doctors....lead singer Davey Carlton has been to a few OUFC games and supporting OUFC too, over recent seasons...the 4-2 away win at Notts county being one of them....whats his connection? His partner is an OUFC supporter (my cousin -also OUFC supporter- daughter, so his partner is my 2nd cousin?). . .they are getting hitched this September
Can you persuade him to get the Saw Doctors to play Oxford on a Friday or Saturday night.After a home game So I can enjoy a Guinness fueled bounce around without having to worry about work the next day.

Pat Arnold aka P P ....former Ikette(like and Tina Turner backing girls) who became a star via her Immediate recordings in the 60s both solo and with small faces.... she's still performing live I've been fortunate to have seen her live on a number of times and lucky enough to have met the lovely lady (as well as interview her for my day job) on a few occasions

Next time invite me!!!!

Back
Top Bottom