Music

Hardly ever listen to anything older than 5 years old. Too much interesting new stuff. Currently:

Nils Frahm
Hookworms
Shame
Girlpool
Shopping
Jamie Lenman (quote “Now, yes, I am an English man;
From Oxford, if you please” - Kidlington lad originally, apparently)
Japanese Breakfast
Frida Sundemo
Jessie Reyez
Rina Sawayama
Waxahatchee
Yoke Lore
Low Island (from Oxford)

Nils Frahm is played far too much on six music. I get that djs introduce you to new music , but this is plinky plonky piano classical that sounds interesting for the first few times and then I remember that I’d rather hear guitars.

Nils Frahm is played far too much on six music. I get that djs introduce you to new music , but this is plinky plonky piano classical that sounds interesting for the first few times and then I remember that I’d rather hear guitars.

Heh. I first saw Frahm at the Holywell in Oxford on his first tour here. Very little of his new album is plinky plonky piano and I’ve seen him do festival sets which were pretty close to techno. Plenty of guitars on the Shame album. I saw Shopping at the Cellar on Monday for the Divine Schism evening. Guitar central. It was a great evening. Were you there? Plenty of guitars on other stuff on that list too. Some of it quite possibly played on 6 Music too. I like me a bit of variety frankly.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: MJB
Everything from Rock,folk,Indy,northern soul.
Current favourite is an album by Slodive “Slodive” contains some excellent tracks-give it a listen

The Slowdive album is pretty good, the latest Ride LP is definitely worth a listen as well. Bit of an early 90s shoegaze revival on the go :)

This country’s finest onstage entertainer. I give you - Mr. Jamie Lenman…

Cassels at the Zodiac ([emoji22]) tonight. Note shirt.
5d0f55c24d88bde9b8056bf99fd23bcc.jpg

Pat Arnold aka P P ....former Ikette(like and Tina Turner backing girls) who became a star via her Immediate recordings in the 60s both solo and with small faces.... she's still performing live I've been fortunate to have seen her live on a number of times and lucky enough to have met the lovely lady (as well as interview her for my day job) on a few occasions
Just heard she is playing Cornbury this summer

Yes indeed. Very much looking forward to that. Common People has very much become a date for the calendar.
throwback Disco Saturday with The Jacksons, Boney M n co at Common People too

Yes indeed. Very much looking forward to that. Common People has very much become a date for the calendar.
It it a 1 or 2 stage setup? Quite like catching James who are always good live, and Ride, there isn't a chance of them both being on at the same time is there?

It it a 1 or 2 stage setup? Quite like catching James who are always good live, and Ride, there isn't a chance of them both being on at the same time is there?
One main stage. Well it was the first year. Had a marquee with the local bands in and various others sound the arena.
Not a lot of bands on the bill that float my boat, but I've seen plenty of bands over the years that weren't particularly up my street and enjoyed them.
IMO £60 approx for 2days of music locally is worth a punt. Enjoyed it the first year, had prior engagements last year. Let's hope it's a nice sunny weekend.
As an aside a mate and myself were chatting on a long car journey that its a pity Radiohead couldn't do South Park again. Play the Saturday after Common People and share costs of setting up stage and arena.

Back
Top Bottom