Music for the team to run out to

Marked Ox

God like member
Based on KR's comment on this:

I start the campaign for Perkele to be the song, or at least to be used very close to kick off. I did like Yellow Submarine being played at halftime at the last game but I think that should stay for halftime.

Any other suggestions?

Based on KR's comment on this:

I start the campaign for Perkele to be the song, or at least to be used very close to kick off. I did like Yellow Submarine being played at halftime at the last game but I think that should stay for halftime.

Any other suggestions?
Vaughn Williams- folk songs is my favourite

That Oh Caroline thing is my own personal favourite.

Bum, bum, bum.

Why can't we just stick with that? Dear old Shaggy.

We have been running out to, Eye of the Tiger for the last few games, even before Tiger bought the club!

Supergrass Alright. If a oxford based band. If something more relevant to club then either Coldplay Yellow or The Beatles Yellow Submarine.

Supergrass Alright. If a oxford based band. If something more relevant to club then either Coldplay Yellow or The Beatles Yellow Submarine.

We came out to Coldplay under Kemp.
Lets not go back there please!

Last edited:
I like it that he said it should be local bands and named Radiohead [emoji16]
Radiohead get my vote - Fake Plastic Trees is a great stadium anthem

For run out music?!

If we’re going Radiohead, Electioneering would be biblical when the teams come out.

Chains rattling to let you know they’re ready in the tunnel, spiky guitar riff as they appear, drums kick in as the crowd noises rises and then opens into a killer track.

Opening line of “I will stop, I will stop at nothing...” seems apt too. Although admittedly, it is a song about politics and I’m not sure what Ryan Ledson will think about a track with lyrics about the “IMF” and “voodoo economics”.

It’s a belter of a track though and born in Oxford.

Equally I would also accept Radiohead’s The National Anthem as that bass is something else. The live version from the I Might Be Wrong album though, naturally.

Last edited:
Simon & Garfunkel in tribute to the reason why we finally have a manager: Mrs Robinson

Running onto the pitch with Radiohead playing over the speakers would make me want to run back into the changing room!

Being as Robbo has been bought in to get us back on track maybe we should run out to “I am the resurrection” by the Stone Roses ?

Rangers fans sing that song because Ibrox was built on the site of an old penny arcade, so it’s a historical thing for that lot. Would have no relevance for us.

No its not, the song was sung at dances and in pubs and has only been sung at Ibrox in the last 10 years.

For us anything but yellow submarine as it's embarrassing.

Quite liked the sham 69 if the kids are united when that used to get played.

No its not, the song was sung at dances and in pubs and has only been sung at Ibrox in the last 10 years.

For us anything but yellow submarine as it's embarrassing.

Quite liked the sham 69 if the kids are united when that used to get played.

I stand corrected. Was told this a while back and if wrong then apologies.

For run out music?!

If we’re going Radiohead, Electioneering would be biblical when the teams come out.

Chains rattling to let you know they’re ready in the tunnel, spiky guitar riff as they appear, drums kick in as the crowd noises rises and then opens into a killer track.

Opening line of “I will stop, I will stop at nothing...” seems apt too. Although admittedly, it is a song about politics and I’m not sure what Ryan Ledson will think about a track with lyrics about the “IMF” and “voodoo economics”.

It’s a belter of a track though and born in Oxford.

Equally I would also accept Radiohead’s The National Anthem as that bass is something else. The live version from the I Might Be Wrong album though, naturally.
Just would be my choice, especially when you consider our defending... "You do it to yourself, that's why it really hurts" :D

If you were to look past Radiohead, although to be fair why you would do that is a mystery, I'd like to suggest 'Step into my world' by Hurricane #1 or OX4 by Ride. Both top top tracks. Or even Inhaler by Foals.

Bloody hell there has been some top music made by Oxford bands :)

Back
Top Bottom