Mural update 15/10/19

It was suggested by lots of people on this forum.
Yes after the original suggestions came from Oxvox. I assume that those people suggesting that on this forum contacted Oxvox so maybe there was a reason why not?

Yes after the original suggestions came from Oxvox. I assume that those people suggesting that on this forum contacted Oxvox so maybe there was a reason why not?
Because we’re not all members of Oxvox?

They had already agreed with Kasssam and Firoka that the mural would just be made up of photos. So they didn't want to do anything more adventurous in case the whole project was then knocked back.

I suppose the question then is why the committee didn't consult with members about what they wanted *before* agreeing it with Kassam.

And we all know what a challenge Firoka can be. Perhaps a Phase 2 in the North Stand can address the concerns with Phase 1?

They had already agreed with Kasssam and Firoka that the mural would just be made up of photos. So they didn't want to do anything more adventurous in case the whole project was then knocked back.

I suppose the question then is why the committee didn't consult with members about what they wanted *before* agreeing it with Kassam.
The oxvox email actually says "pictures" were agreed with Kassam, not photos.

So that really covers quite a lot of options, and basically what most on here seemed to want were pictures along the ultra style. So, with a bit of interaction, possibly with some of the ex ultras, better designs could have been adopted as an option, without a need to go back to Kassam?

The oxvox email actually says "pictures" were agreed with Kassam, not photos.

So that really covers quite a lot of options, and basically what most on here seemed to want were pictures along the ultra style. So, with a bit of interaction, possibly with some of the ex ultras, better designs could have been adopted as an option, without a need to go back to Kassam?
We really dont know what was agreed with Kassam. I would be very surprised if he just said 'pictures' and wasnt very specific.

We really dont know what was agreed with Kassam. I would be very surprised if he just said 'pictures' and wasnt very specific.
Begs the question, haven't Oxvox got a relationship where questions can be asked FK without fear.

Begs the question, haven't Oxvox got a relationship where questions can be asked FK without fear.

I'm sorry LR but that's a little bit of a leap from OxVox saying we felt the photo option had already been agreed and going back to secure another option may cause delays, to you saying OxVox are afraid to ask Firoka questions.

The actual line was 'We reviewed a lot of options before moving forward but the original idea put to Firoka some years ago was that of pictures. Given that seeking permission for a different design would inevitably create further delay, we felt our best option was to stick with the agreed format.'

Firoka have been perfectly reasonable in their dealings with this matter but given everything goes through Firoz Kassam, and that it took six months to obtain the conformation that the Mural could go ahead, we decided to move forward with what had been agreed and what most supporters we had spoken to had expressed a preference for. We are happy to be a punching bag over style and design, it was never going to be what everyone wanted, but i'm not sure how your question is being 'begged' at all?

So pictures had already been “agreed.” ? What were we voting for?

A bit defensive there, all I asked as so many people were questioning both mural options, why wouldn't you go back to FK and say they might be options than just pictures if you were on talking terms, if you are saying now it has taken 6 months to get FK permission fair enough, but my understanding he was keen to move forward when it was suggested to him over a year ago.

I'm sorry LR but that's a little bit of a leap from OxVox saying we felt the photo option had already been agreed and going back to secure another option may cause delays, to you saying OxVox are afraid to ask Firoka questions.

The actual line was 'We reviewed a lot of options before moving forward but the original idea put to Firoka some years ago was that of pictures. Given that seeking permission for a different design would inevitably create further delay, we felt our best option was to stick with the agreed format.'

Firoka have been perfectly reasonable in their dealings with this matter but given everything goes through Firoz Kassam, and that it took six months to obtain the conformation that the Mural could go ahead, we decided to move forward with what had been agreed and what most supporters we had spoken to had expressed a preference for. We are happy to be a punching bag over style and design, it was never going to be what everyone wanted, but i'm not sure how your question is being 'begged' at all?

why would it have been a "given". if you don't ask you don't get.......

Because it is Kassam?
What he had agreed to obviously wasn't all that rigid, going by the options up for vote.
It just seems a bit of a shame that decently designed, bold, colourful, pictures were not even considered as an option by oxvox.

Does whatever is finally chosen have to be shown to Kassam for final approval?

For what it is, and for the expense, and time it will probably be on show, it seems like a missed opportunity to get the best we could have had.

Last edited:
What he had agreed to obviously wasn't all that rigid, going by the options up for vote.
It just seems a bit of a shame that decently designed, bold, colourful, pictures were not even considered as an option by oxvox.

Does whatever is finally chosen have to be shown to Kassam for final approval?

For what it is, and for the expense, and time it will probably be on show, it seems like a missed opportunity to get the best we could have had.
Exactly this. Hasn’t it dragged on long enough?

Imo we need to just get something with a bit of colour/identity up there ASAP. Without the Ultras' flags the stadium could hardly be less soulless and devoid of colour.

One day when we have our own stadium I'm sure we'll be able to decorate it with whatever the f**k we like.

Yes, that's the one
Oxvox made the mistake of asking for an opinion...should of just cracked on and done what they thought best...im sure we would have been happy as it would be better than what we have now...i cant recall being asked what i wanted the ultras to produce after donating to them....oxvox have done a great job of complicating something simple.

Back
Top Bottom