Ex Player John Mousinho

This was written on October 20th.
2 months later and Mous has been even better.
What a season he has had so far.
Playing out of his skin, he seems to make the opposing striker fall on there ass at least once a game at the minute. Loved it against lincoln when he was under pressure and just casually flicked it over the top of Walker and pick it up on the other side

This was written on October 20th.
2 months later and Mous has been even better.
What a season he has had so far.

He’s been exceptional. Says a lot about his character that, having effectively been put out to grass by Robbo in the summer, he kept his down and became first choice. Credit to Robbo too because I can think of one or two recent Oxford managers who’s ego wouldn’t have allowed them the option of going back on their word.

The thing is, if Mousinho had been the one who left and Nelson had stayed and was playing well everyone would be wanting to come on here and say they never rated Mousinho, and sing Nelson's praises. Fans are very fickle and (naturally) want to put down players who've left, and big up what we have.

Fact is, Mousinho was dodgy as hell for us at times previously playing CB. That's just a fact. He was then moved into defensive central midfield and did much better, and was exactly what we needed there at the time. But, to his immense credit, he has returned to the back four and done really well, looked unrecognisable at times, so solid and comfortable on the ball. But that doesn't mean that we have to rewrite history! Lets not forget also that Nelson was brilliant at times for us, especially for example on the great run we had at the end of last season. He didn't go to the Championship for no reason.

Nelson was brilliant times but was shocking at times as well imo
Overrated for me if you compare him to dickie and (right now) Mous, it’s not even close

Mous was absolutely brilliant yesterday. His form at centre back so far this season has been nothing short of miraculous!

Jon Mousinho will be on TalkSport taking on Simon Jordan in the Jim White show this morning between 10 and 1PM.

How did it go? I heard the original feature a few days ago where sj was critical of JM comments on a few things so good on JM for taking him on.

How did it go? I heard the original feature a few days ago where sj was critical of JM comments on a few things so good on JM for taking him on.

He spoke very well.

Stood his ground when that idiot Jim White tried to stir it up between him and Simon Jordan, and had clearly prepared well for it. It ended with him and SJ agreeing. It wasn't a shouting match at all (much to Jim White's disappointment) and I was very impressed with Mous' knowledge on the legal/financial issues involved. I like Simon Jordan, even though he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he can be abrasive and doesn't suffer fools gladly, if they're talking rubbish. That said, I felt that he ended up very much respecting Mous' point of view.

I think Mous is 100% a manager in the making.

We seem to have our own hotline to Talksport at the moment..

KR has been on the last few Sundays, the other day Rosie was on chatting with Ray Houghton about the Arsenal home win in 86.

I think Jordan speaks a lot of sense, his style won't go down well with some but he has some really credible views and ideas. He's not afraid to say he messed up when he owned Palace, but seems to have some good ideas based on his first hand involvement. As for Jim White, typical modern presenter who has a line of tabloid like info on every subject, but also lacks depth on every subject. It's all about him shouting about his famous contacts rather than him actually adding a new angle to a story / or giving a bit of substance to a discussion. In fact Talksport generally seems to have presenters at different ends of the spectrum, some that make me want to switch off and others like Danny Kelly, Paul Hawksbee, Andy Jacobs etc who I find really interesting to listen to.

Fully deserved after this season never been a fan of his if I’m being honest but he’s performed & been consistent with it

Good news & fully deserved, he’s been excellent this season.

Top professional, sets a great example to younger players. I can see him going into management.

Back
Top Bottom