More issues?

Well it does. You are hiding behind a username posting as an anon asking people to believe you. When it’s worth knowing I post. It’s from someone close to the club who “feeds” who knows their intentions but it’s all correct as hard as that maybe to accept. Maybe the local newspaper could ask direct someone from the club about it as presently, certain players, are pissed off about not being paid.

I'm really not sure what is correct? If we believe your information then (one or more) players were expecting wages to be in their account at midnight, but they actually went in a few hours later? And as a result certain players are a bit annoyed? Or are you saying that some players still haven't been paid? And this all points to financial issues at the club?

Maybe you could contact the local paper, I'm sure they'll happily ask the club on your behalf.

And as "hiding behind a username" and whether that makes people believe me or not is irrelevant. I could put my name, dob and national insurance number down but still know sod all about what's going on! As it is, I'll leave people to judge whether the information provided is accurate or not.

You know that they wernt told then?

You knew they werent going to be paid on time but were told?
That would be a more acceptable situation of course but why again ?
And it would seem someone didnt get the memo and was desperatley checking their bank balance at 0000 hrs lets hope we dont need an extra 10% effort off that member of staff/playing squad anytime soon.

And it would seem someone didnt get the memo and was desperatley checking their bank balance at 0000 hrs lets hope we dont need an extra 10% effort off that member of staff/playing squad anytime soon.
No, I don’t get by the minute updates, just saying u were assuming they wernt told.

Last time, we were in a relegation scrap. Presumably, the players were paid before other staff so we couldn't give the players any excuse not to give 100%. This time, assuming there's an iota of truth to the rumour, we're at the very start of pre-season, so I can see why the other staff may have been prioritised over the players.

W
Well it does. You are hiding behind a username posting as an anon asking people to believe you. When it’s worth knowing I post. It’s from someone close to the club who “feeds” who knows their intentions but it’s all correct as hard as that maybe to accept. Maybe the local newspaper could ask direct someone from the club about it as presently, certain players, are pissed off about not being paid.
So did the players get paid in line with their contract (end if the month i assume )?
Or were they expecting the money at midnight and it turned up the same day but a little later?

We
Er ? Is that true? If they were due to be paid by the end if the month and were, what is this 0000 hours?
I reckon it would be really good to clarify things. So were the players paid late contractually or not (not sure whether midnight or 5pm is relevant)

If the players and staff got paid on time, then whatever was intimated before Friday, in good faith or otherwise (and I assume good faith), came down to nothing more than scuttlebutt as it seems all were paid on time.

I respect people have sources and club friendships and see fit to pass stuff on when the clubs PR is inconsistent at times, but perhaps there are occasions where a little care with what is shared around pay days should be taken. Sadly, football fans of all clubs tend to believe any old ? and it becomes fact within minutes.

Players appeared to have landed pretty late this evening in Portugal judging by Nico Jones' Instagram.
Can't see they would have had any time for a meeting unless they were going to do it on the flight/coach journey.

I like to imagine that posters on here do so with integrity, fanciful, I know but, that being so, we have two who both claim to have sources within the club giving them information to which the rest of us lowly mortals, have no access.
Here then, we have a situation where the information from one is diametrically opposed to the other. Who do we believe? Whose source is giving the correct information (or believes they are)
And, as for us other posters with no such inside track but, knowledge and memory of past events, what else can we do except worry?

We can not make any informed decisions on anything until it is actually released by the club itself. Therefore, let us take rumours with a pinch of salt and not get too caught up with ' I know this and that ' and most of all do not stress over things that we can not change or manage. Why ever happens, happens and we can discuss after it does.

We can not make any informed decisions on anything until it is actually released by the club itself. Therefore, let us take rumours with a pinch of salt and not get too caught up with ' I know this and that ' and most of all do not stress over things that we can not change or manage. Why ever happens, happens and we can discuss after it does.
Well said.
I was out of internet access (in deepest, darkest Gloucestershire) yesterday and only returned home late yesterday evening, very tired and slightly inebriated!
Having read through all of the pages on this "subject" I would like to add my thoughts. . . . .
For all of the people that are allegedly ITK, have access to OUFC staff (These staff have a duty to the club to not pass on information to anyone), have access to gossip mongers, have somewhat of an agenda with OUFC - posting half heard, mischievous/malicious rumours I would say "shut the f**k-up" and "keep your so called information to yourself"
You are only winding up hundreds of genuine OUFC fans with these half truth and alleged facts. Please let the club make an announcement before you start release your "information".

Back
Top Bottom