Italian Football Monkey chants "not racist"......

Now I`m old enough to have seen, participated in and (happily) the demise of such behaviour, but trying to say it "is in support" of a player................ come on!!
.... a reason as to perhaps why Brexit does have its good points? :unsure: :rolleyes:

.... a reason as to perhaps why Brexit does have its good points? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Not really, after the Referendum, Cornwall and Devon Police recorded a 30+% increase in racist crimes iirc the figure quoted on Call the Cops the other night. They won't be unique either. The moron shouting EDL and racist abuse, whilst saying freedom of speech afterwards, at a Black Response Officer just embarrassed himself but shows how it has emboldened some racists. The same Response Officer, whilst anecdotal, noted that the racist abuse he receives has increased since the Referendum.

Not really, after the Referendum, Cornwall and Devon Police recorded a 30+% increase in racist crimes iirc the figure quoted on Call the Cops the other night. They won't be unique either. The moron shouting EDL and racist abuse, whilst saying freedom of speech afterwards, at a Black Response Officer just embarrassed himself but shows how it has emboldened some racists. The same Response Officer, whilst anecdotal, noted that the racist abuse he receives has increased since the Referendum.

I very much doubt his behaviour had anything to do with being "emboldened by Brexit", the bloke was an absolute tool.

In Leicester we also suffer the "unique" situation of different ethnicities racially abusing each other, not all racism is by white Europeans.

I very much doubt his behaviour had anything to do with being "emboldened by Brexit", the bloke was an absolute tool.

In Leicester we also suffer the "unique" situation of different ethnicities racially abusing each other, not all racism is by white Europeans.

Oh agreed all races have their racists. I called my asst manager (his Mum and Dad were from the Caribbean) out for calling an Asian lad a "P***" from when I was working part time through Uni.

Blaming Brexit for everything again ?

Oh excellent. Are we doing "whatabout bingo" again?

As an Italian myself, I can assure you, racism is rife in Italy, not least in Cagliari (on the south coast of Sardinia), whose proximity to Tunisia and Algeria sees a large number of illegal immigrants landing on boats.

Oh excellent. Are we doing "whatabout bingo" again?

Might be difficult for you to understand but I was referring to two separate "things".
The TV programme where the bloke was an absolute frothing idiot, and the local situation in the most culturally diverse city in the UK.

Nothing to do with "whatabout" just statements of experience and opinion, its what forums are for!

To paraphrase - "racism by white europeans is excusable because not all racism is by white europeans". Whatabout that?

To paraphrase - "racism by white europeans is excusable because not all racism is by white europeans". Whatabout that?

Who said it was by white europeans ? The report referred to the group in question being "multi-ethnic."

Racism by anybody isn`t excusable in today`s society, its how we evolved from clumping each other with wooden clubs!

Unless its pikeys..... then its open season...... pass me the club. ?

I was speaking generally. However your voluntary inclusion speaks for itself.

What brilliant timing for the Italian cause. As a race I have to say that the Italians are.........whoops nearly got on the racist bus.

Fernando Forestieri: Sheffield Wednesday forward to serve six-game ban after losing racism appeal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49592857

an Italian trait apparently? ..... as a former Italian manager of that shower down the wrong end of the a420 was captured in the act of demonstrating his particular leanings ....

paolo-di-canio-fascist-salute.jpg

What brilliant timing for the Italian cause. As a race I have to say that the Italians are.........whoops nearly got on the racist bus.

Fernando Forestieri: Sheffield Wednesday forward to serve six-game ban after losing racism appeal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49592857

He`s an Argentinian by birth........... naturalised Italian.

First part is a good enough reason for him to get a slap but that tackle was brutal!!

Where is the borderline? Is "Show us your passport" unacceptable or banter???

Back
Top Bottom