EPL Money going to Money.

I completely agree with you but I am (sadly) not at all surprised.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck's request for a £250,000 contribution from each of the Premier League clubs so that the league's outgoing executive chairman Richard Scudamore can be given a £5m farewell gift.
Absolutely appalling in my opinion :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: see https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46197761

I’ve liked your comment ME but to be fair he has done a brilliant job on behalf of premier league clubs. Premier league clubs won’t care that he has helped increase the financial gap between premier league teams (&those getting parachute payments) and the rest of the leagues.

I kind of want the premier league bubble to burst, but if it did there would be an impact on lower league clubs. Think it would be greater than Setanta..

The trough of greed just gets longer & deeper, maybe he`ll give it all away as a legacy to grass roots football???

For clubs in national leagues north &south an additional £25k would be a godsend ....not that any of those at the premier league top table give a flying f**k about any football club who is not dinning at the overflowing sky sport tv £ trough

Football Supporters Federation statement on the sudject from around 45 mins ago .... theres a decision being made today apparently .....

The Football Supporters' Federation

46 mins ·
MONEY MONEY MONEY.
Premier League clubs are meeting today to discuss the outgoing CEOs "golden handshake", which could potentially be worth £5m according to reports. We sent the following statement to journalists this morning.
The Football Supporters' Federation:
"Premier League clubs have always told fan groups that budgets are planned in advance and there's not a surplus of cash lying around from their extremely lucrative TV deal.
"In the meantime loyal football supporters continue to be inconvenienced by fixture changes to fit TV schedules, often losing out on travel costs or struggling to get to and from games in the first place.
“Now it appears clubs can stick their hands down the back of the sofa and find £250,000 at a moment's notice.
“Fans strongly oppose the ‘golden handshake’ and we urge clubs not to make a decision which is hugely unpopular with supporters."

Greedy bunch of parasites who couldn’t care less about others at the bottom rung of the ladder.
Donate £250000 by all means but to those that need it not those that don’t

Money has ruined football without a doubt.
and Murdoch's filthy TV lucre has made the oldests cup competition in the (football) world an insignificance for ALL of those with their collective snouts gobbling up the obscenely ridiculous money circulating around Premiershit money grabbers ( little if any of which filters down to lower league clubs!).... even with the DOUBLING of prize money for this seasons FA Cup competition, plus a few extra tweaks at the preliminary stages, what the FA Cup Winner and beaten finalists 'win' is chicken feed in comparison to what Prem clubs get given by TV companys!

below a cut n paste breakdown of the prize money for the winners of each round, prom prelimanary stages to finalists 2018/19 seasons (Emirates) FA Cup competition

The Football Association announced in January 2018 that it was doubling the prize money in this seasons Emirates FA Cup from the £13 million available last season.
As a result of that, the winners of the Extra Preliminary Round will receive £750 more than in last season’s FA Cup while the losing sides in the EPR and Preliminary Rounds will now be awarded a windfall where previous seasons they were not.

• Extra Preliminary £2,250 (Winning side); £750 (Losing side)
  • Preliminary £2,890 (Winning side); £960 (Losing side)
  • First Round Qual £6,000
  • Second Round Qual £9,000
  • Third Round Qual £15,000
  • Fourth Round Qual £25,000
  • First Round Proper £36,000
  • Second Round Proper £54,000
  • Third Round Proper £135,000
  • Fourth Round Proper £180,000
  • Fifth Round Proper £360,000
  • Quarter Final £720,000
  • Semi Final (Winner) £1,800,000
  • Semi Final (Loser) £900,000
  • Final (Runners-Up) £1,800,000
  • Final (Winner) £3,600,000

..... winning finalists pick up what is chicken feed in comparison to parachute payments to relegated from Premershit clubs

further developments which confirm ...if there was any doubt...the title of this thread
information from an hour or so ago.... Scudamore gets a bonus from his PL chums...and then is re-employed as a f*****g consultant, overseeing/ advising on any investigation into HIS backhader.... while further down the football pyramid there are clubs struggling to stay afloat financially .... yep money goes to money doesnt it?

2 hrs ·
Richard Scudamore accepts £5m payment to stay on as PL consultant. So at the next PL Fans Group meeting Richard Scudamore will be advising Susanna Dinnage on how to handle fan protests about Richard Scudamore's £5m remuneration package.

further developments which confirm ...if there was any doubt...the title of this thread
information from an hour or so ago.... Scudamore gets a bonus from his PL chums...and then is re-employed as a f*****g consultant, overseeing/ advising on any investigation into HIS backhader.... while further down the football pyramid there are clubs struggling to stay afloat financially .... yep money goes to money doesnt it?

2 hrs ·
Richard Scudamore accepts £5m payment to stay on as PL consultant. So at the next PL Fans Group meeting Richard Scudamore will be advising Susanna Dinnage on how to handle fan protests about Richard Scudamore's £5m remuneration package.
Total joke and if the championship get there way Grass roots football will be finished all because the championship clubs are greedy bastards and Leeds are one of the biggest

Did anyone think it would get rejected? Its loose change in the trough of greed. I`m just glad I saw us there when it was about football and not globalism & money.

Bless him, it's £300k less a year than his current salary, how will he cope.

Out of interest, who's footing the bill for this?

Back
Top Bottom