EFL MK Dons..........

A total disgrace that a SKY TV game we are not involved in means we lose our Bank Holiday home game of the season.

And exactly why is Dongs vs. Wednesday such a massive draw for Sky?

Yes, it's more of a change than an ordinary Saturday to Tuesday and will disrupt lots of people's plans.

I like night games but am supposed to be going to a gig that night - which is better, OUFC v MK or Nick Mason off of Pink Floyd??

I've already bought my ticket for Easter Monday, I've also got tickets to see Nick Mason playing at the New Theatre on Tuesday night.
What to do? Decisions, decisions....
I'm supposed to be at the much rescheduled Saucerful of Secrets gig too.
Tough Tough Decision

Go on, criticise a club decision, just once, give it a go... You never know, you may like the feeling... 😁
That's a cheap dig.

The club would have had no option. The point is we collectively sold out to the TV companies years ago and happily take the revenue that comes with that. This is, I think, the only game that has been changed this year. But if we go up, and that's what we all want, then we'll likely have half a dozen or more changes next season.

This affects me. I had booked time off work and arranged for 4 or 5 others to join me for this game. We were also looking at bringing our kids which may not happen. It's annoying, I get that. But moaning about sucking the dick of the TV companies is a bit late when we've been sucking it for 20 years and looking for more!!!

Why say the club had no option? The did and they chose to f**k off the fans and appease MK.
MK will be a day better prepared and recovered. Shitty decision all round.

I've already bought my ticket for Easter Monday, I've also got tickets to see Nick Mason playing at the New Theatre on Tuesday night.
If Nick Mason works to the same late starts as most rock gods you'll probably be able to watch the first half and still get to the gig on time

That's a cheap dig.

The club would have had no option. The point is we collectively sold out to the TV companies years ago and happily take the revenue that comes with that. This is, I think, the only game that has been changed this year. But if we go up, and that's what we all want, then we'll likely have half a dozen or more changes next season.

This affects me. I had booked time off work and arranged for 4 or 5 others to join me for this game. We were also looking at bringing our kids which may not happen. It's annoying, I get that. But moaning about sucking the dick of the TV companies is a bit late when we've been sucking it for 20 years and looking for more!!!
Apologies if you see it as a dig, more in jest.

But why did "the clubs" agree to the switch?
For the benefit of the fans, OUFC should have objected and insisted the game proceeds as planned on Easter Monday.
I suspect it’s an etiquette thing whereby this sort of request is always granted. We’d be furious if we’d had to play on Monday after Saturday because MK refused to switch. The club will lose money so would have refused if it was an option.

Me too, football is winning at the moment but if we’re out of contention by then ‘early psych’ may win out.

That's a cheap dig.

they did... they couldve stayed with Easter Monday 3pm kick off... they chose to move the game

EFL website clearly stated the cut off date of March 18th for moving games over the Easter weekend for Television
EFL lied , as it was 4 days after their own well-publicised cut off date that they decided that League 1 football supporters do not matter whatsoever, and 'allowed' 3 games to be moved from good Friday to Easter Saturday. The knock on being Bank Holiday Monday 3pm kick off games being requested to move to an evening game , all because EFL cant keep their word.

Yes, it's more of a change than an ordinary Saturday to Tuesday and will disrupt lots of people's plans.

I like night games but am supposed to be going to a gig that night - which is better, OUFC v MK or Nick Mason off of Pink Floyd??
Need you even ask? Nick who? Pink what?

Back
Top Bottom