Tickets Mk Dons 11th December Ticket allocation

Last time we went, our seats were in the corner (block 30?). As ko approached, we noticed fans were starting to occupy the area to the far side of the goal (block 25?), so we walked along the concourse and stood in the very back row. Probably ended up with about 100 fans in the section - stewards didn't seem to mind.

Sunderland took 3000 and Portsmouth took 2920 to MK this season so would explain getting way more blocks (as we will as tickets sell - at least they've put them on sale in good time)

Until we start demanding to be treated as customers and not fans we will always be treated with contempt IMO. Selling tickets without a seating choice is fine by me, but if the stewards then insist on that seat allocation conflict then happens. Last time at MK some of the lads insisted on standing (I don't mind and am capable of standing) some older persons who could not stand for the duration of the game then had to call the stewards to get the standers to sit down. I don't think anyone was happy with this and it is so unnecessary, just let people gravitate to where they are comfortable. I hope our stewards don't insist on allocated seats being used.

Until we start demanding to be treated as customers and not fans we will always be treated with contempt IMO. Selling tickets without a seating choice is fine by me, but if the stewards then insist on that seat allocation conflict then happens. Last time at MK some of the lads insisted on standing (I don't mind and am capable of standing) some older persons who could not stand for the duration of the game then had to call the stewards to get the standers to sit down. I don't think anyone was happy with this and it is so unnecessary, just let people gravitate to where they are comfortable. I hope our stewards don't insist on allocated seats being used.
100% this.

Being an away football fan is one of the few "entertainment" industries where you more often than not pay money for a ticket, and then get sent a random Block/Row/Seat which you have had no input in. You get into ground, decide you don't like the seat you have been randomly allocated, so move elsewhere and it inevitably leads to issues. Often because some people get very particular about the seat they were randomly allocated.

Credit to Wigan, whose tickets were labelled with unallocated seating. Shame never got to use them!

I know York City have had issues in their new stadium, as they've classed the stand behind the goal as "unallocated seating", however, the new ticketing system cannot function with this and has to print a seat number on the ticket. Therefore you then get regulars who know it is unallocated seating, sitting in the printed ticket seat of someone who is not a regular or a visitor to the stadium.

Derby (amongst others) often keep a number of away tickets back as a "singing section" and you request to be allocated into that area when you are purchasing - both online or phone/in-person. So it must be doable, but perhaps requires a bit of logistical organisation and extra admin.

Equally, I have noticed some clubs this season, selling tickets for their own away end on their own website, enabling individual seats to be picked by visiting away fans when they purchase. Other clubs have claimed they can't officially make things unallocated seating due to their own safety certificates, i find this hard to believe.

Has to be a solution somewhere, the easiest one being unallocated seating with guidance given around which areas might suffice to your particular need e.g. if you are unable to stand for prolonged periods, then perhaps head to the front half of the stand or to the side.

We fully intend going, have already paid for a parking space but, the allocation of seats in block 29 leaving 4 blocks behind the goal empty really annoys me. There is no logical reason. Why not start with the two blocks behind the goal and then open up the adjacent (and corner) blocks as required?

I agree. However, as you allude to above it certainly wouldn't stop me supporting the team I love. If anything, it would make me even more determined to make as much noise and create as much colour as possible. Influence what you can influence and all that.

100% this.

Being an away football fan is one of the few "entertainment" industries where you more often than not pay money for a ticket, and then get sent a random Block/Row/Seat which you have had no input in. You get into ground, decide you don't like the seat you have been randomly allocated, so move elsewhere and it inevitably leads to issues. Often because some people get very particular about the seat they were randomly allocated.

Credit to Wigan, whose tickets were labelled with unallocated seating. Shame never got to use them!

I know York City have had issues in their new stadium, as they've classed the stand behind the goal as "unallocated seating", however, the new ticketing system cannot function with this and has to print a seat number on the ticket. Therefore you then get regulars who know it is unallocated seating, sitting in the printed ticket seat of someone who is not a regular or a visitor to the stadium.

Derby (amongst others) often keep a number of away tickets back as a "singing section" and you request to be allocated into that area when you are purchasing - both online or phone/in-person. So it must be doable, but perhaps requires a bit of logistical organisation and extra admin.

Equally, I have noticed some clubs this season, selling tickets for their own away end on their own website, enabling individual seats to be picked by visiting away fans when they purchase. Other clubs have claimed they can't officially make things unallocated seating due to their own safety certificates, i find this hard to believe.

Has to be a solution somewhere, the easiest one being unallocated seating with guidance given around which areas might suffice to your particular need e.g. if you are unable to stand for prolonged periods, then perhaps head to the front half of the stand or to the side.
well put @captainox

I cannot believe some of the excuses on here for not attending a game that's 35 miles away.

Ahead of Tuesday night, all we saw on here was a siege mentality because of the squad situation. Yet as soon as we have to visit a(nother) souless bowl (think Doncaster, & Rotherham) our tin hats get chucked in the bin and the team are on their own!

Not for me, if you can't afford to travel with Christmas around the corner then fair enough. If you're not going because you don't like the stadium logistics then give your head a wobble and get to MK to support the team.
Spot on. I'm going because WE are playing there and I want to support my team not because I like or dislike the stadium. MK isn't that bad when you cast your mind back to some of the crapholes we've been to not so long ago. If you can't go for any other reason fair enough but to not go because of the stadium or stewards etc is a poor one.

Add to this we always seem to play crap there too.

May be Karl doesn’t want to win handsomely in fear that his house would get stoned!!

MK isn't that bad when you cast your mind back to some of the crapholes we've been to not so long ago.
like this shithole for instance...

county-ground-cover.jpg

I agree a bit but totally understand people not wanting to go to MK. Totally atmosphereless ground, awful stewards.
I will probably end up going but can't stand the place.

In fairness, i can't stand the Skip, Kenilworth Rd, Rodney Parade, Millmore (back in the day), Yeovil, Doncaster (soulless), Reading (Soulless) and i could go on and on but none of those listed would be enough to stop me supporting our team.

It's 90 minutes of football and an obnoxious steward or two. It isn't a dash over no man's land.

Grit your teeth, buy a ticket and help the team get a result. Siege mentalities all round, ladies and gents.

In fairness, i can't stand the Skip, Kenilworth Rd, Rodney Parade, Millmore (back in the day), Yeovil, Doncaster (soulless), Reading (Soulless) and i could go on and on but none of those listed would be enough to stop me supporting our team.

It's 90 minutes of football and an obnoxious steward or two. It isn't a dash over no man's land.

Grit your teeth, buy a ticket and help the team get a result. Siege mentalities all round, ladies and gents.
Quote of the week my friend.👏🏻👏🏻

If the new supporters body want to get fans on side then I’d suggest

- focusing on unallocated seating block behind the goal
- active support for an atmosphere committee
- doing whatever the feck else it takes to somehow try to facilitate young people gathering , having fun and being given a little bit of license to be young

I’ll say it again even though others have…the destruction of the ultras was absurd, disgraceful, and counter intuitive commercially given the marketing material, visuals and atmosphere they created
Have you read the latest set of minutes?
OUSP minutes 11th November (pdf download)

If the new supporters body want to get fans on side then I’d suggest

- focusing on unallocated seating block behind the goal
- active support for an atmosphere committee
- doing whatever the feck else it takes to somehow try to facilitate young people gathering , having fun and being given a little bit of license to be young

I’ll say it again even though others have…the destruction of the ultras was absurd, disgraceful, and counter intuitive commercially given the marketing material, visuals and atmosphere they created

Unfortunately, once you have thrown the baby out with the bathwater, as our former SLO did, then it's gone.

Customer care doesn`t apply to football clubs, they might need to learn it which may take some time.

Back
Top Bottom