Tickets Mk Dons 11th December Ticket allocation

I just don’t think we can slag any other club off for atmosphere at the moment, our place is as bad as it can get. It’s a shame as we have a team that deserves so much more but it’s like a morgue.

Hopefully with a real backs to the wall effort needed Saturday after a fantastic win yesterday people will get behind the team and give them the support they deserve.
Do you think it’s reflected across stadiums around the Country since the lockdown, or just us? It can be difficult to judge such a thing at away games.

Been to every league away match this season so far plus QPR/Burton/Brizzle, and the only fans which I thought generated any proper noise imho were Bolton, Brizzle and drum roll please... AFC Wimbledon.

It's pretty safe to say our gaff isn't as noisy as my snoring so I'm told but it isn't the worst either if we are trying to gather some sort of away support data. Unfortunately, even at my age I do shudder at the quietness of our home support at times. I even tbh at home want to join in with the away support sometimes and chant along with the old sh*t song of 'is this a library' but change the wording to a more darker 'is this a mortuary ' such is how I feel at times but I resist to mumble this slightly ghoulish inner thought in respect of the die-hard group of East Stand lads/lasses who try to create some noise and I can only thank them for giving it a go week in week out.

But as I said earlier we are by far not the quietest home support out there. I seen plenty of live mortuaries on my league travels...but I know it could be better. Nevertheless, I do think we have been ground down over the years like pepper with our 20 year old unfinished stadium and this certainly hasn't helped but we really need to up the noise to get our team this season over the line. Do this and with a new stadium in the horizon built well and finished properly first time and for you lucky guys and gals who I hope will support this club for the next 40 to 50 years I believe the noise will return like some of the real hey days of the Manor.

It's strange, because even at our present gaff even a corner once upon a time used to whip up a bit of a frenzy, but these days a corner at home is not treated with any fervour whatsoever but this could be because we haven't really had that much of a threat from set pieces except for Luke's effort yesterday. So maybe hopefully because of Mathew, Mark, Luke or John (Mousinho) that may have changed from now on!

However, I digress and move on to have another little moan for the haters of the soulless MK dons stadium. Don't make that an excuse not to go...your team need you there!

COYY'S

I actually think the better the football has got the worse the atmosphere has got, which I get in one way as we are actually pleasing on the eye and you get lost in watching the game. In the darkest days in the conference the football was crap but the fans were noisier so there might be some co relationship there. Maybe we need to sign some non league cloggers.

I can see how the ground doesn’t help, we don’t really have much on the way of rivals in this division at the moment as even the Kassam has been alright for those sort of games.

A big one for me is the lack of an unreserved space for younger fans to gather together in, it’s probably played a part in the drop in atmosphere across grounds across the country that, hopefully standing returns and cheaper tickets can come with it for teenagers.

It’s probably a pretty unappealing day out for most teens and twenties at the moment, costs a lot of money, no real nearby pubs, can’t gather together in a big group with like minded youngsters to make some noise. Hopefully we give it some thought if we get a new ground.

Do you think it’s reflected across stadiums around the Country since the lockdown, or just us? It can be difficult to judge such a thing at away games.

Maybe? People did spend a long time locked down and may have become more reserved? My teenage step daughter has started to come out of her shell a lot more recently after being stuck in home learning for ages so it could be a thing.

I actually think the better the football has got the worse the atmosphere has got, which I get in one way as we are actually pleasing on the eye and you get lost in watching the game. In the darkest days in the conference the football was crap but the fans were noisier so there might be some co relationship there. Maybe we need to sign some non league cloggers.

I can see how the ground doesn’t help, we don’t really have much on the way of rivals in this division at the moment as even the Kassam has been alright for those sort of games.

A big one for me is the lack of an unreserved space for younger fans to gather together in, it’s probably played a part in the drop in atmosphere across grounds across the country that, hopefully standing returns and cheaper tickets can come with it for teenagers.

It’s probably a pretty unappealing day out for most teens and twenties at the moment, costs a lot of money, no real nearby pubs, can’t gather together in a big group with like minded youngsters to make some noise. Hopefully we give it some thought if we get a new ground.
Absolutely this for me.

It’s probably a pretty unappealing day out for most teens and twenties at the moment, costs a lot of money, no real nearby pubs, can’t gather together in a big group with like minded youngsters to make some noise.
Hopefully we give it some thought if we get a new ground.

Clubs, speaking generically, have not made a concerted effort to encourage fans back and the pandemic hasn`t ended so we are in a "halfway house".
They literally opened the doors and expected us to return in our droves, in our cases to seats covered in pigeon crap and non-functioning toilets.
Unfortunately, removing the yellow and blue-tinted glasses, football is also an expensive day out for kids, families, and youngsters.
Those people have found other things to do with their time and changed their behaviour, it would make a good thesis for a student somewhere.

I cannot believe some of the excuses on here for not attending a game that's 35 miles away.

Ahead of Tuesday night, all we saw on here was a siege mentality because of the squad situation. Yet as soon as we have to visit a(nother) souless bowl (think Doncaster, & Rotherham) our tin hats get chucked in the bin and the team are on their own!

Not for me, if you can't afford to travel with Christmas around the corner then fair enough. If you're not going because you don't like the stadium logistics then give your head a wobble and get to MK to support the team.

I cannot believe some of the excuses on here for not attending a game that's 35 miles away.

Ahead of Tuesday night, all we saw on here was a siege mentality because of the squad situation. Yet as soon as we have to visit a(nother) souless bowl (think Doncaster, & Rotherham) our tin hats get chucked in the bin and the team are on their own!

Not for me, if you can't afford to travel with Christmas around the corner then fair enough. If you're not going because you don't like the stadium logistics then give your head a wobble and get to MK to support the team.

Quite frankly for a modern ground just up the road anything less than 3,000 is shocking.

We fully intend going, have already paid for a parking space but, the allocation of seats in block 29 leaving 4 blocks behind the goal empty really annoys me. There is no logical reason. Why not start with the two blocks behind the goal and then open up the adjacent (and corner) blocks as required?

D-TOPivW4AA7b8Q

Agree with you in many respects, but please remember not everyone lives 35 miles from the MKD stadium. Only some of us are fortunate enough to be able to make the journey and, indeed, afford it.
But see you there …..

It would have to be an important game for Oxford for me to go back there. I went the last time we played there and fans were allowed and it was an awful experience, the ground literally sucked out any possibility of atmosphere with the way they set it up. It makes our Concrete Wind Tunnel appear brilliant for atmosphere in comparison when it clearly isn't.
Yes, but meatballs at IKEA?!

I remember last time we went, the stewards wanted us to completely fill our block and not spill over into the empty seats the other side of the aisle. Ridiculous as this allowed people to sit with their friends, rather than be dotted around with strangers and families.

We fully intend going, have already paid for a parking space but, the allocation of seats in block 29 leaving 4 blocks behind the goal empty really annoys me. There is no logical reason. Why not start with the two blocks behind the goal and then open up the adjacent (and corner) blocks as required?
Having watched the Quest highlights each week, all away fans seem to have been shoved in the corner at Stadium MK so we’re not special in that regard.

I agree a bit but totally understand people not wanting to go to MK. Totally atmosphereless ground, awful stewards.
I will probably end up going but can't stand the place.

MK seem to allocate that corner as the first lot of sales for all away fans.
I went with Derby a few seasons back and was sat in that corner.

First time I went with us, I was front row of the upper tier (2016) and the second time (2019) was when they kept the block behind the goal empty and had Oxford fans either side which according to one of their club staff I asked at the time was something to do with issues with smoke bombs when we had played their in 2017 (didn't understand the logic of separating us then and still don't now)

It isn't something new and is certainly done at a lot of grounds around the country. Even some of those clubs that do open the "behind the goal", often don't allow the majority of the support behind the goal. More so between the six yard box and corner flag.

This season alone, think about where the majority of Oxford fans were located at the following places:

- Bolton: To one side of the goal
- Wimbledon: centre of goal round to edge of penalty box
- Sheff Weds: Top tier of 2 tiered stand
- Ipswich: Top tier of 2 tiered stand along the side
- Bristol Rovers: Terrace in the corner

And with those to come, the initial allocations are:
Sunderland is top tier to one side of the goal unless sell enough to open up additional blocks.
Doncaster is often similar to Bolton, in that you get a few fans directly behind the goal, but most are to the side and starting to go round the corner.
Lincoln is between post and corner flag.
Gillingham is the golf stand and often penned in to a small section of it.
Crewe is along the side of the pitch.
Shrewsbury is numbers dependent as to how many blocks they open up.
Morecambe is numbers dependent - low and they won't open the terrace behind the goal.
Plymouth is between post and corner flag.
Fleetwood's terrace doesn't go the full length of behind the goal anyway, seats on the side of the pitch.
Rotherham is between post and corner flag.

So it doesn't leave too many where you have behind the goal itself - a third of the league:
Accrington, Burton, Cambridge, Charlton, Cheltentham, Portsmouth, Wigan, Wycombe

Having watched the Quest highlights each week, all away fans seem to have been shoved in the corner at Stadium MK so we’re not special in that regard.
I would imagine a lot depends on ticket demand, we've been given 700 as an initial allocation with block 28 as a follow on. If we were to take less than a 1000 I'd be surprised.
One explanation given to me (by MK Dons) was that they keep the middle section, behind the goal, clear of seats as it gets used for concerts etc. Current listings are showing nothing until March, next year.

Just looking at highlights from games v. Pompey, the fans can be seen right behind the goal, likewise v. Sunderland.
Back in 2019 they split our support either side of the goal.

If the new supporters body want to get fans on side then I’d suggest

- focusing on unallocated seating block behind the goal
- active support for an atmosphere committee
- doing whatever the feck else it takes to somehow try to facilitate young people gathering , having fun and being given a little bit of license to be young

I’ll say it again even though others have…the destruction of the ultras was absurd, disgraceful, and counter intuitive commercially given the marketing material, visuals and atmosphere they created

Back
Top Bottom