Tickets Mk Dons 11th December Ticket allocation

Away fans can't sit behind the goal. Any other teams operate this ?
Did a long post on this previously. Copied the relevant bits below

"It isn't something new and is certainly done at a lot of grounds around the country. Even some of those clubs that do open the "behind the goal", often don't allow the majority of the support behind the goal. More so between the six yard box and corner flag.

This season alone, think about where the majority of Oxford fans were located at the following places:

- Bolton: To one side of the goal
- Wimbledon: centre of goal round to edge of penalty box
- Sheff Weds: Top tier of 2 tiered stand
- Ipswich: Top tier of 2 tiered stand along the side
- Bristol Rovers: Terrace in the corner

And with those to come, the initial allocations are:
Sunderland is top tier to one side of the goal unless sell enough to open up additional blocks.
Doncaster is often similar to Bolton, in that you get a few fans directly behind the goal, but most are to the side and starting to go round the corner.
Lincoln is between post and corner flag.
Gillingham is the golf stand and often penned in to a small section of it.
Crewe is along the side of the pitch.
Shrewsbury is numbers dependent as to how many blocks they open up.
Morecambe is numbers dependent - low and they won't open the terrace behind the goal.
Plymouth is between post and corner flag.
Fleetwood's terrace doesn't go the full length of behind the goal anyway, seats on the side of the pitch.
Rotherham is between post and corner flag.

So it doesn't leave too many where you have behind the goal itself - a third of the league:
Accrington, Burton, Cambridge, Charlton, Cheltentham, Portsmouth, Wigan, Wycombe"

Never been in the top tier at MK..... always been lower tier. Once you are in pick a seat. :)
First time we visited was top tier.

And yes that makes sense, but only works if everyone does it/is instructed to do it.

If people are ringing the ticket office to find out what blocks are available and request one of those blocks, and then can't sit there because people are "picking seats" - then you end up with unnecessary problems.

Personally don't think the ticket office should enable people to pick and choose without offering this option to everyone, as it just creates a problem for no reason.
Sell however many tickets and just say it's unallocated seating, so much easier for everyone concerned.

First time we visited was top tier.

And yes that makes sense, but only works if everyone does it/is instructed to do it.

If people are ringing the ticket office to find out what blocks are available and request one of those blocks, and then can't sit there because people are "picking seats" - then you end up with unnecessary problems.

Personally don't think the ticket office should enable people to pick and choose without offering this option to everyone, as it just creates a problem for no reason.
Sell however many tickets and just say it's unallocated seating, so much easier for everyone concerned.

Was the "4k2MK" the second visit?

Decent pub by the canal at Fenny Stratford - enjoyable day out.

Was the "4k2MK" the second visit?

Decent pub by the canal at Fenny Stratford - enjoyable day out.
First based on the attendance numbers on the offical website.

September 2016 - 0-0. Top tier and lower tier corner. 3,892 yellows.
September 2017 - 1-1. no idea, didn't go. 2,924 yellows.
December 2019 - 1-0. Lower tier and the lovely segregation of us by the block behind the goal (may have spilled into upper tier?). 2,850 yellows.
February 2021 - 1-1. No Fans.

Agree on the pub. Far too nice a setting for football really!

My favourite MK Dons memory is when we played them at home and they tried a similar thing to the 4K to MK bit set the bar low at 2 thousand, when it looked like they were going to fail to get that they changed it to 1 thousand, then only bought about 800, still makes me chuckle.

First based on the attendance numbers on the offical website.

September 2016 - 0-0. Top tier and lower tier corner. 3,892 yellows.
September 2017 - 1-1. no idea, didn't go. 2,924 yellows.
December 2019 - 1-0. Lower tier and the lovely segregation of us by the block behind the goal (may have spilled into upper tier?). 2,850 yellows.
February 2021 - 1-1. No Fans.

Agree on the pub. Far too nice a setting for football really!

September 2017 was my ground tick..... lower tier and IIRC sat on the 18 yard line left side of the goal.

Have to say this thread has made me quite nostalgic for the days when you could meander all round an away stadium.
I particularly remember being allowed all around Burnden Park so we stood on the half way line for the first half and behind the goal for the second half. Also Loftus Road before they redeveloped it you could walk right round.

Wimbledon (the real one) at the Manor in the fog.
Most of the London Road decanted to the Osler Road terrace for the second half.
Wimbledon fans thought they were 5-0 down because of the fake "goal" cheers.
Couldn`t see the halfway line from either end. :)

There was that famous photograph taken from the LRT end of Dave Beasant staring into the gloom in the Mail, which I've searched for and can't find. How that game wasn't called off I'll never know.

That game must be one of the most bazaar games I have ever witnessed. I don’t even think you could see half way.

Got our tickets through the post yesterday, 2 in block 30. Popped by the ticket office this morning (post booster jabs) and was informed that they did not have any tickets for block 28. Some left for block 29.
Original request to MK was for 2000 tickets, allocated 700. I don't know what MK are playing at but, I cannot understand why any organisation would try to prevent taking money for ticket sales. It all gives the impression that they want the away end to look empty. Tin pot doesn't cover it.

Got our tickets through the post yesterday, 2 in block 30. Popped by the ticket office this morning (post booster jabs) and was informed that they did not have any tickets for block 28. Some left for block 29.
Original request to MK was for 2000 tickets, allocated 700. I don't know what MK are playing at but, I cannot understand why any organisation would try to prevent taking money for ticket sales. It all gives the impression that they want the away end to look empty. Tin pot doesn't cover it.

So have we sold the 700 yet?

Yeah I got my tickets today and was told it was block 29 they were selling as (presumably) blocks 28 and 30 are sold out. So at least it seems that the Oxford fans are being connected together now!

Although I thought I heard we also have tickets in block 25? What a joke. Clearly being done to try and dampen the atmosphere. Lets try and make sure they fail with that plan! COYY

KR, while at MK, asked and eventually got, away support split up and away from behind the ( away end) goal

Im sure it was mentioned in a Rad Ox interview with KR around the time ,( pre or post-match ?), of the last time (away) supporters were allowed to go to games at MK bowl/ stadium or whatever its called?

Must have done. Ticket office are concerned by the postal issues in and around Oxford. Have to say, ours came through quickly but other areas have, apparently, had delays.
Oxford mail have been reporting recently that in some OX city postcodes ( OX1, OX2, OX3 , OX4 ) -elsewhere too- that the royal mail have only been managing at best ,one delivery per address per week, ( in some cases fortnightly), in some areas of the OX city postcodes.....which is, IMO , pretty crap for a privatised company that it seems cant , err, deliver (!), what is supposedly offered to its customers

KR, while at MK, asked and eventually got, away support split up and away from behind the ( away end) goal

Im sure it was mentioned in a Rad Ox interview with KR around the time ,( pre or post-match ?), of the last time (away) supporters were allowed to go to games at MK bowl/ stadium or whatever its called?
Correct - it was our manager who instigated it so tricky for OUFC to complain too hard about it now.

I've just spoken to the MK ticket office. The only reason given for not opening up blocks 25, 26 and 27 was that they start with block 29 and work around. This was however, speculation on the part of the person I spoke to, she did not know for sure. Why we were only allocated an initial 700 is also a mystery. They expected us to require 2000 (OUFC ticket office requested that number)
If we do sell blocks 30, 29 & 28, more blocks will be opened.
All ticket sales are for allocated seating. This will, as I think all will agree, lead to some irritation and, no doubt, some will not wish to sit in their allocated seat. Cue intervention by stewards etc. All of which could be easily resolved with a little foresight and some good old fashioned customer service.
If this is a throw back to when KR was the manager at MK, perhaps he might care to intervene on our behalf and get them to see sense.

At least away supporters are lower tier now, I can't imagine the upper tier was a great experience atmosphere wise?

Back
Top Bottom