Tickets Mk Dons 11th December Ticket allocation

I had not. Point 9. Very promising well done
Point 9 is very much to be welcomed

But,( there does have to be a but) , if the club has control of any sort (via slo?) Wont that water down/minimise any organic display, or even a future protest type of visual statement? ...also , would that superb robin impaled on the ox's horn surfer, created 'secretly' by the ultras, spectacularly unfurled as the teams came out in one of THE real local derbys, have (imo) been allowed with club involvement?

If memory serves the ultras were offered funding by the club, which was turned down, (and fair play to them), the ultras preferring to remain totally independent

Obviously there needs to be a working relationship of sorts between club and , for want of a better term' the fledgling new ultras' however (imo ) if the club/slo are ultimately pulling the strings it could seem a bit contrived, i hope OUSP can and will ensure the club/slo involvement in this is absolutely minimum, and not try to stage manage or oversee any attempts of organically creating an atmosphere at home games...otherwise the club may as well introduce american style cheerleaders

Last edited:
I actually think the better the football has got the worse the atmosphere has got, which I get in one way as we are actually pleasing on the eye and you get lost in watching the game. In the darkest days in the conference the football was crap but the fans were noisier so there might be some co relationship there. Maybe we need to sign some non league cloggers.

I can see how the ground doesn’t help, we don’t really have much on the way of rivals in this division at the moment as even the Kassam has been alright for those sort of games.

A big one for me is the lack of an unreserved space for younger fans to gather together in, it’s probably played a part in the drop in atmosphere across grounds across the country that, hopefully standing returns and cheaper tickets can come with it for teenagers.

It’s probably a pretty unappealing day out for most teens and twenties at the moment, costs a lot of money, no real nearby pubs, can’t gather together in a big group with like minded youngsters to make some noise. Hopefully we give it some thought if we get a new ground.
This was a good post. I've stopped bothering with home games after the Wycombe home game, our ground is like a morgue these days.

20 years of being in that sh!thole stadium has indeed ground us down.

This was a good post. I've stopped bothering with home games after the Wycombe home game, our ground is like a morgue these days.

Good for you! My hero!! Just when we need people to get behind us, you choose not to bother. Hope your Sky Sports subscription pleases you.

That’s the attitude that helps the “morgue” atmosphere. “I’ve stopped bothering “ !!
So right. It's when fans get involved in improving things and communicating with others that things get better.
There are all sorts of good things being talked about and the club are interested in improving things all round. The return of the Fan zone on match days, encouraging an "Ultra's" style support grouping, improving the music choice, better food and drink concessions, getting the facilities cleaned and repaired. These are just some of the topics that have come up in discussion with a real intention to realise as well.

For some to say, “I’ve stopped bothering “ is just wrong, so wrong. No fans at the ground = no club. The critical nature of some without any attempt to give a positive alternative is also wrong. If you have a better idea or any idea, let someone know. OxVox, Supporters' Panel, the club direct, just do it but, don't come on here and bemoan the status, do something.

Yesterday was probably the best atmosphere of the season (admittedly not saying much) but the backs against the wall thing, decent away support and the fact that it was so cold that moving about and shouting were as much a survival technique as anything else helped to improve it.

Not that much can be done about all the problems we face in the ground atmosphere wise in the very short term, but if we can keep the us against the world thing that has happened because of the players out then, allied to the fact we have a good team, we could have a very successful season.

So right. It's when fans get involved in improving things and communicating with others that things get better.
There are all sorts of good things being talked about and the club are interested in improving things all round. The return of the Fan zone on match days, encouraging an "Ultra's" style support grouping, improving the music choice, better food and drink concessions, getting the facilities cleaned and repaired. These are just some of the topics that have come up in discussion with a real intention to realise as well.

For some to say, “I’ve stopped bothering “ is just wrong, so wrong. No fans at the ground = no club. The critical nature of some without any attempt to give a positive alternative is also wrong. If you have a better idea or any idea, let someone know. OxVox, Supporters' Panel, the club direct, just do it but, don't come on here and bemoan the status, do something.

The only way you will really improve the atmosphere is cheaper tickets for youngsters (not just families, they don’t do much atmosphere wise but teenagers and twenty somethings do) and an unreserved seating area where a blind eye is turned to standing, swearing, general youngster shenanigans and they are allowed to bring in flags if they want to without a lot of hassle.

Anything done by the club beyond the above smacks of organised fun and isn’t going to attract any young uns. Give them an area to gather, make it more affordable and let them get on with it themselves.

The only way you will really improve the atmosphere is cheaper tickets for youngsters (not just families, they don’t do much atmosphere wise but teenagers and twenty somethings do) and an unreserved seating area where a blind eye is turned to standing, swearing, general youngster shenanigans and they are allowed to bring in flags if they want to without a lot of hassle.

Anything done by the club beyond the above smacks of organised fun and isn’t going to attract any young uns. Give them an area to gather, make it more affordable and let them get on with it themselves.
I do agree about a freer area for young lads although I’m older and quite quiet. I can’t imagine booking in advance to stand on the Manor terrace in my younger days.

Good for you! My hero!! Just when we need people to get behind us, you choose not to bother. Hope your Sky Sports subscription pleases you.
I don't live in Oxford and would rather spend £££ going to new away grounds with us than to the breezeblock to stand in the quiet cold. I've found other things I enjoy doing on Saturdays after a good few years of being a "die hard" I guess that is true, I don't prioritise football like I used to. I don't have Sky and I'm not interested in the Premier League.

After the ultras went I did stop enjoying the games as much, and if we got a new stadium closer to the city I'd me more inclined to go as I rely on public transport.

Football is more than just the 90 minutes on the pitch and I don't really enjoy the "experience" of going to grenoble rd. I know a lot of others feel the same.

If the new owners build a better stadium they could really tap into the potential of this football club - look at Brighton's move from the Withdean to the "amex"

Groups of young lads are generally treated with contempt and suspicion by police and stewards at football.

I was QUOTING and disagreeing with Wandering Yellow.

I don't live in Oxford and would rather spend £££ going to new away grounds with us than to the breezeblock to stand in the quiet cold. I've found other things I enjoy doing on Saturdays after a good few years of being a "die hard" I guess that is true, I don't prioritise football like I used to. I don't have Sky and I'm not interested in the Premier League.

After the ultras went I did stop enjoying the games as much, and if we got a new stadium closer to the city I'd me more inclined to go as I rely on public transport.

Football is more than just the 90 minutes on the pitch and I don't really enjoy the "experience" of going to grenoble rd. I know a lot of others feel the same.

If the new owners build a better stadium they could really tap into the potential of this football club - look at Brighton's move from the Withdean to the "amex"
TBH if you’re in London it’s probably easier to get to most of our away games on the train than it is the Kassam, once you add the bus bit.

TBH if you’re in London it’s probably easier to get to most of our away games on the train than it is the Kassam, once you add the bus bit.
A lot of them are easier. I'm tempted to go to McDons away even with the atmosphere vacuum that stadium is.

I remain hopeful a new ground closer to the city, more enclosed and with unreserved areas will happen.

As much as I hate the Kassam and I think it is a sh*t hole, it’s our sh*t hole, it will never stop me going. I go for my love of OUFC. I agree something needs to be done to improve the whole experience. If people think along the lines of the place is a hell hole why should I bother going attitude it isn’t never going to improve.
How long we are going to be at the Kassam I don’t know. Sometimes I don’t think we deserve a new stadium with the attitude of a very small minority of our fan base. Let’s get behind the boys to get us up this season because they clearly are busting a gut to do it for us judging by the last 2 games.

In reply to 'Wandering Yellow'.

I'm sure there are plenty of others who have given up the ghost of visiting the K*ssam for reasons given, distance, bus links, apparently f*ck all to do around the ground but some folk should take a real step back and remember that there are a lot of decent people and businesses around the area trying their best to help the cause till we eventually f*ck off somewhere else. The Blackbird, J's sports bar, Farrs to name just a few etc etc. Plus, give thought to the 5 to 6k who turn out at the stadium regardless of all the issues you state week in week out-as without all those hardy souls we wouldn't be at all viable proposition to anyone with a fan base of zero if everyone f*cked off and did something different every other Saturday. I for one am eternally grateful for our loyal fan base that helps keeps my club just about ticking along with an undoubted amount of loyal home sponsors too. Here's hoping a move to eutopia isn't a million miles away.

COYY'S

f**k me, since when did we as football supporters become such a needy, demanding bunch?
Is it a reflection of society nowadays; ‘we need an area of the ground for this, or we need an area for that?‘
Since when did we stop enjoying football for what it is, not so much about where it’s played?!
I couldn’t care less whether we play at Cutteslowe Park or Wembley, I hate the soulless bowl at MK, I can’t stand the Kassam, but I’ll follow my team wherever they play.

I find this really odd.

So you prefer to do away games and line the coffers of other leage clubs?

Back
Top Bottom