General MK at home followed by Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have had some very good results at home including us and Pompey.

The number of home fans won’t breach the 8k mark.

Having enjoyed a great day out in Shrewsbury yesterday, really annoyed that I'm flying back to Barbados on Thursday. It'll have to be iFollow for me.

Starting to look like the attendances from now on will be a touch down on normal.. ?

Starting to look like the attendances from now on will be a touch down on normal.. ?
That would be a great shame. This virus is unpleasant but, without wanting to sound as though my head is in the sand, I don't believe the danger to life is so extreme as to warrant staying away. Take sensible precautions, washing hands etc. and get on with life.

That would be a great shame. This virus is unpleasant but, without wanting to sound as though my head is in the sand, I don't believe the danger to life is so extreme as to warrant staying away. Take sensible precautions, washing hands etc. and get on with life.

I do agree to a certain extent, but I don't think any of us are yet able to understand what the actual risks are yet. Seasonal flu kills many, and this may be no different. But yesterday alone, 133 people died in one region of Italy. If we started seeing similar figures here, and the risk could be significantly reduced by stopping large gatherings of people, then football should rightly take a step back for a short period of time. At our level, postponements should be fine. We have very few internationals at league 1, so there is no rush for the season to be finished early for the Euros. We would hopefully see nothing more than a couple of extra mid week games and a week added on to the season. It would be annoying, but if the evidence is that this would actually save lives and massively limit the spread, then is it a price worth paying?

It isn't just about deaths.

While the media is only quoting numbers of deaths due to the virus, are there any long-term effects for those that survive?

I’d hazard a guess that Wycombe will be the last game we watch “live” for a while. Won’t matches just be played behind closed doors rather than be postponed into the summer months, as has been suggested? Perhaps they can be streamed live (just to season ticket holders, of course ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom