Millwall at home...

We have played them in the league since the JPT malarkey and nothing happened, they hardly bought anyone, they won’t bring anyone for a league cup tie this early on, they only had the north Kent massive out because it was a semi final.

LionsMet

Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Chris George said:
Aways
f**k sake!

Oh well, hopefully we f**k them over the well spoken slags

Here we go, off the millwank forum. This pikey prick has obviously never been here before then. Wonder if he likes the old custard creams?...

Why does everyone unfortunate enough to be born outside of Oxford think that we speak posh? I was in a pub in the soulless commuter town I am exiled in on Saturday night, bloke asks me where I am from, I said Oxford and he refused to believe me as it wasn’t an Oxford accent, had to point out it was fairly likely I know where I was born and bred.

Why does everyone unfortunate enough to be born outside of Oxford think that we speak posh? I was in a pub in the soulless commuter town I am exiled in on Saturday night, bloke asks me where I am from, I said Oxford and he refused to believe me as it wasn’t an Oxford accent, had to point out it was fairly likely I know where I was born and bred.
had to 'put-up' with that particular misconception for as far back as I can remember, not only from cockernees either - largely due to the media image of Oxford always portrayed as a seat of learning,( plus as a more recent contributory factor, Morse n spin offs on TV adding to the misconception )

...in reality its about a ridiculous as presuming all 'wall fans dress as pearly kings n queens, live on a diet of jellied eels n liquior, and all speak the same as Dick Van Dykes chimney sweep character in Mary Poppins...

bunch of uneducated cockney wankers the lot of em :sneaky:

...in reality its about a ridiculous as presuming all 'wall fans dress as pearly kings n queens, live on a diet of jellied eels n liquior, and all speak the same as Dick Van Dykes chimney sweep character in Mary Poppins...

You mean they don't?! ?

Why do people speak in that awful yokel accent?, sure it was not that bad years ago although living out of Oxfordshire for years may just mean it's more noticeable to me I guess.

Have some wall mates and checked with them and there is not much interest in attending from them.

Why do people speak in that awful yokel accent?, sure it was not that bad years ago although living out of Oxfordshire for years may just mean it's more noticeable to me I guess.

Because we are not fake, wannabe mockneys like you, and that is a truly awful accent. Why would anyone change their accent?

Honestly, my memories of London clubs taking the P**s out of Oxford fans' accents has been to accuse us of being country bumpkin-sounding yokels. Which, frankly, is much closer to the truth than the average Oxford fan sounding posh!

I remember going down to Millwall very early in the season to watch us beat them in the League Cup under Atkins.
Steve Basham got the only goal (and I still think he was a slightly underrated player for us...…)

Also remember leaving that game thinking we'd found a player in Derek Townsley. Which just goes to show - never draw conclusions on players until you've seen at least a month's worth of games from them!

Honestly, my memories of London clubs taking the P**s out of Oxford fans' accents has been to accuse us of being country bumpkin-sounding yokels. Which, frankly, is much closer to the truth than the average Oxford fan sounding posh!

I remember going down to Millwall very early in the season to watch us beat them in the League Cup under Atkins.
Steve Basham got the only goal (and I still think he was a slightly underrated player for us...…)

Also remember leaving that game thinking we'd found a player in Derek Townsley. Which just goes to show - never draw conclusions on players until you've seen at least a month's worth of games from them!

I don’t mind the yokel bit, like you say it’s true and it’s a nicer accent than south east London/north Kent, people being surprised you don’t have a posh accent gets on your nerves, just because you come from a city which hosts an elite university obviously doesn’t mean you went there, people struggle to see the absurdity of that.

It’s enough to make me move to London and start supporting Glasgow Rangers.

I don’t mind the yokel bit, like you say it’s true and it’s a nicer accent than south east London/north Kent, people being surprised you don’t have a posh accent gets on your nerves, just because you come from a city which hosts an elite university obviously doesn’t mean you went there, people struggle to see the absurdity of that.

It’s enough to make me move to London and start supporting Glasgow Rangers.

That is funny, I also lived in Huddersfield and Madrid, imagine that eh :LOL:

Some of you are so easy to reel in :cool:

Do you not notice how bad the Glasgow (or Ulster for that matter) accent is when you occasionally go there?

Back
Top Bottom