International News Immigration

"Zoe from Hastings heard people saying.... There was a group of fisherman pulled up, gutting fish on the shore, and as the boat station opened up we heard the fisherman start shouting things like 'don't bring any more of those home, we're full up', 'that's why we stopped our donations', and that kind of really horrible stuff."

And the RNLI said - "The lifeboat was able to launch and the station remains on service"

And you applied Godwins Law to that....................... desperate.

• Angry
Reactions: Ian
"Zoe from Hastings heard people saying.... There was a group of fisherman pulled up, gutting fish on the shore, and as the boat station opened up we heard the fisherman start shouting things like 'don't bring any more of those home, we're full up', 'that's why we stopped our donations', and that kind of really horrible stuff."

And the RNLI said - "The lifeboat was able to launch and the station remains on service"

You've been very selective again in you shocking underplaying of this abhorrent action.

“lifeboat crew pulled the boat out and were going to go into the water” before a group “stood directly in the line of the boat so the boat couldn’t be put in the water”.

An RNLI spokesperson confirmed to the Guardian that the incident had been reported to police

You've been very selective again in you shocking underplaying of this abhorrent action.

“lifeboat crew pulled the boat out and were going to go into the water” before a group “stood directly in the line of the boat so the boat couldn’t be put in the water”.

An RNLI spokesperson confirmed to the Guardian that the incident had been reported to police

Behave yourself..................

"Just after 4pm on Saturday, November 20, police were made aware of reports of a disturbance near to the Hastings RNLI Lifeboat Station.

"A police officer attended the scene while also being supported by colleagues monitoring the situation on CCTV.

"No arrests were made."

Ergo - no evidence of any wrongdoing.

1638288054370.png

I reckon that covers it pretty well.

It is a commonly accepted theory that eating fresh fish, and in particular oily fish, is beneficial for brain function and cognitive capacity.

I think the only thing I can logically deduce from this sorry episode is that said fisherpersons have not been eating anywhere near enough of their own catch.

I wonder how they voted on Brexit.....don't answer that, I think it's pretty obvious. More Turkeys voting for Christmas

gobble gobble.

And "no arrests were made" does not and has never equated to no wrongdoing. More often than not it equates to "stop being dicks or you will get arrested". As a football fan growing up when you did, you ought to know that!

Moreover, one police officer against a baying mob of no-marks?
Diffuse the situation was probably the best outcome for all,rather than steaming in with the cuffs and pepper spray. Well policed against such odds, don't you think?

It is a commonly accepted theory that eating fresh fish, and in particular oily fish, is beneficial for brain function and cognitive capacity.

I think the only thing I can logically deduce from this sorry episode is that said fisherpersons have not been eating anywhere near enough of their own catch.

I wonder how they voted on Brexit.....don't answer that, I think it's pretty obvious. More Turkeys voting for Christmas

gobble gobble.

And "no arrests were made" does not and has never equated to no wrongdoing. More often than not it equates to "stop being dicks or you will get arrested". As a football fan growing up when you did, you ought to know that!

Moreover, one police officer against a baying mob of no-marks?
Diffuse the situation was probably the best outcome for all,rather than steaming in with the cuffs and pepper spray. Well policed against such odds, don't you think?

Nothing much happened.

A couple of blokes left a bucket in the way.

Then the lifeboat went anyway.

See molehill diagram.

Its like our local rag talking about Legia fans taking "hundreds" of flares into the KP - there was about 30.

Want some more eggs to over egg that omlette?

Nothing much happened.

A couple of blokes left a bucket in the way.

Then the lifeboat went anyway.

See molehill diagram.

Its like our local rag talking about Legia fans taking "hundreds" of flares into the KP - there was about 30.

Want some more eggs to over egg that omlette?
Said molehill diagram also applies equally to those protesting about numbers of refugees arriving - thanks for providing such a vivid demonstration ;)

Excactly.

Which is why I didn’t understand your comment above.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are genuinely missing the point being made i.e. A hatred of minorities to the extent that people would want them to die.

If it helps you and @Essexyellows let's not call the people who did this the general public or as possibly initially misreported 'fishermen', let's call them nazis instead.

Get the point now?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are genuinely missing the point being made i.e. A hatred of minorities to the extent that people would want them to die.

If it helps you and @Essexyellows let's not call the people who did this the general public or as possibly initially misreported 'fishermen', let's call them nazis instead.

Get the point now?
I think you’ve missed my point about you making a distinction between migrants and refugees in response to EC‘s tweet.

I didn’t get the relevance of it as I was actually agreeing with you, these are human beings.

Never mind.

Economic migrants entering illegally. :)
And maybe you would like to explain why these human beings are entering illegally (as you put it).

Maybe it is because this Tory Government has single handedly failed to address the issue of legitimate routes into the country and ways of claiming asylum at any point in the last 10 years. Instead they've chosen to play to the baying mob and gone down the "hostile environment" rabbit hole.

Meanwhile, other countries across Europe (not to mention those next door to most displaced populations, where the overwhelming majority of refugees end up) continue to quietly go about doing their fair share, and often more than. Our response? - continue to point the finger and say it is everybody else's fault, including the "illegal migrants" (I prefer the term desperate people, personally).

I'm sure as the forums Tory lickspittle in chief, you can explain why this is exactly the right course of action to take :ROFLMAO:

And maybe you would like to explain why these human beings are entering illegally (as you put it).

Maybe it is because this Tory Government has single handedly failed to address the issue of legitimate routes into the country and ways of claiming asylum at any point in the last 10 years. Instead they've chosen to play to the baying mob and gone down the "hostile environment" rabbit hole.

Meanwhile, other countries across Europe (not to mention those next door to most displaced populations, where the overwhelming majority of refugees end up) continue to quietly go about doing their fair share, and often more than. Our response? - continue to point the finger and say it is everybody else's fault, including the "illegal migrants" (I prefer the term desperate people, personally).

I'm sure as the forums Tory lickspittle in chief, you can explain why this is exactly the right course of action to take :ROFLMAO:

EY should also look at the stats of those on the boats being granted asylum/refugee status, which of those cases heard/gone through the asylum/Tribunal systems so far it is around 70%.

It is sad that somebody is defending people deliberately obstructing a lifeboat which is going out to potentially save lives, whether migrant or not.

Already said I would rather they were processed legitimately for both their benefit and ours.

It's not difficult really.

If they fall through the "cracks" when they get here their lives aren`t going to be any better. Of course you can still get your car washed for £10 so its all good.....

EY should also look at the stats of those on the boats being granted asylum/refugee status, which of those cases heard/gone through the asylum/Tribunal systems so far it is around 70%.

It is sad that somebody is defending people deliberately obstructing a lifeboat which is going out to potentially save lives, whether migrant or not.

"Deliberately obstructing" ......... with a bucket.......... want some eggs for your omlette as well or can you find a molehill to convert?

"Deliberately obstructing" ......... with a bucket.......... want some eggs for your omlette as well or can you find a molehill to convert?
Still defending the actions of the hard of thinking though, aren't you?

Rather than lash out and make snide comments towards posters on here, why not just admit those "true patriots" acted like dickheads [emoji2369]

And would you prefer a rope or a ladder to get yourself out of that hole you're digging? [emoji23]

Last edited:
Still defending the actions of the hard of thinking though, aren't you?

Rather than lash out and make snide comments towards posters on here, why not just admit those "true patriots" acted like dickheads [emoji2369]

And would you prefer a rope or a ladder to get yourself out of that hole you're digging? [emoji23]

When they said "fishermen" it could have been local chavs with a rod & line.

I very much doubt that sea-going fishermen would do such.

As eluded to, very short on facts to make a large mountain from..... 🤷‍♀️

According to the locals..........
"Paul Joy, chairman of the Hastings Fishermen’s Protection Society, said the abuse had nothing to do with Hastings fishermen. He said the lifeboat decided to launch on the east side of the harbour arm - rather than the west side where it normally launches - and found a fishing boat was already there. This escalated into a “row”, but he said this had nothing to do with refugees being rescued in the Channel - it was the way the lifeboat crew spoke to the fisherman involved. He said there was a lorry driver on the beach who “had words about immigrants” to the lifeboat crew, but nothing was said about refugees by the fisherman."

Hardly an angry mob with pitchforks was it?

Yes, deliberately obstructing and being generous I'll only say it was a few minutes (not knowing as the reports don't say) could cost somebody their life. Watch the programme about the RNLI on the BBC, plenty of times they've grabbed somebody when the rescued have been literally those few minutes from death.

When they said "fishermen" it could have been local chavs with a rod & line.

I very much doubt that sea-going fishermen would do such.

As eluded to, very short on facts to make a large mountain from..... 🤷‍♀️

According to the locals..........
"Paul Joy, chairman of the Hastings Fishermen’s Protection Society, said the abuse had nothing to do with Hastings fishermen. He said the lifeboat decided to launch on the east side of the harbour arm - rather than the west side where it normally launches - and found a fishing boat was already there. This escalated into a “row”, but he said this had nothing to do with refugees being rescued in the Channel - it was the way the lifeboat crew spoke to the fisherman involved. He said there was a lorry driver on the beach who “had words about immigrants” to the lifeboat crew, but nothing was said about refugees by the fisherman."

Hardly an angry mob with pitchforks was it?

Still a bunch of tw@ts that you are defending.

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom