International News Immigration

How desperate would you be to leave everything behind, treck thousands of miles, beg borrow and steal to eat and clothe yourself, and sell your very future to a gang master to get you across the busiest stretch of water in a tiny dinghy to try and make life better.

Thank God it’s not me having to do that.

Does it make it worse or better that none of them are white?

Most illegal immigrants are travelling from Syria, Iraq, Iran Afghanistan..... places we have activity bombed or squeezed the life out of in the last few years. These are people who were crapped on by their leaders and crapped on by their Saviours/invaders. When they come to our door and say “you bombed the crap out of my house you owe me” we call them migrants and terrorists......

Shame on us

How desperate would you be to leave everything behind, treck thousands of miles, beg borrow and steal to eat and clothe yourself, and sell your very future to a gang master to get you across the busiest stretch of water in a tiny dinghy to try and make life better.

Thank God it’s not me having to do that.

Does it make it worse or better that none of them are white?

Most illegal immigrants are travelling from Syria, Iraq, Iran Afghanistan..... places we have activity bombed or squeezed the life out of in the last few years. These are people who were crapped on by their leaders and crapped on by their Saviours/invaders. When they come to our door and say “you bombed the crap out of my house you owe me” we call them migrants and terrorists......

Shame on us
Decent words. And for those who think we're 'too soft' or want would be immigrants to go anywhere but here, let's examine just who 'we' are. Most sensible people will understand that 'we' were all immigrants at some stage in this country's history. The fact that a person can trace their family back a few generations within the UK doesn't alter that.

I'm not in favour of a 'free for all' everyone welcome to this country under any circumstances, but compassion towards immigrants when they first arrive here should be a given. Does any sensible person really believe the mantra that all immigrants will eventually automatically be given housing / benefits / jobs? Most of those who have no justifiable reason to be here will be repatriated, usually after a long stay in a less than welcoming detention centre.

Last edited:
Agreed

Why the UK specifically though? There are plenty of safe havens between here and there?
Certainly an issue to be considered, but once immigrants get here - whether they should perhaps have settled in Greece or France or wherever on their way here - it's our responsibility to treat them fairly within set legal parameters.

Certainly an issue to be considered, but once immigrants get here - whether they should perhaps have settled in Greece or France or wherever on their way here - it's our responsibility to treat them fairly within set legal parameters.
And it’s the finite resources of local authorities in particular that are being used to fund the migrants after they arrive, causing friction with local communities who see that funding diverted from local priorities to fund the migrants. That has a knock on effect to local partnership priorities as well, all of whom are striving to achieve performance targets.
No easy answers.

why would anyone go anywhere...... I always thought New Zealand looks like a thoroughly nice place but I don’t fancy Australia... you speak a bit of English and no french...... you know someone who told you that you can get a job........ who knows.

The thing is this. They are human beings and should be treated with respect. Like our children and school meals., this isn’t a choice it’s a duty......

We don’t need them here, they should be returned home on the next available flight to Lagos or Abuja. and be greeted by the Nigerian police. Then they can deal with the matter. Not our problem and responsibility. The country is already overcrowded and needs reducing more than anything.

I think language and history have a lot to do with it, particularly in choosing the UK over other European countries. Many migrants come from countries which Britain formerly ruled and which are now members of the Commonwealth and I would guess that most learn English or are from English speaking countries. Now I love France and am currently trying to improve my French. In may ways it has a better way of life; a better climate and, has been mentioned, better health care. Yet, our history and our past probably oversells us.

We don’t need them here, they should be returned home on the next available flight to Lagos or Abuja. and be greeted by the Nigerian police. Then they can deal with the matter. Not our problem and responsibility. The country is already overcrowded and needs reducing more than anything.
If you're referring to the Nigerians who we are led to believe not only stowed away but threatened the crew and attempted to take over the ship, then I would agree we don't need them here. Legally though If they have committed such a crime then they have to be prosecuted here not in Nigeria. Your last sentence though suggests that you don't want any immigrants or refugees here at all. The fact is we do. We need their skills at all levels and after Brexit the proposed points system will hopefully provide the right regulation. As for refugees escaping persecution and worse, we need to make a greater humanitarian effort than we do. This Country became great in large measure by the efforts of those who have migrated here over hundreds of years and giving people a safe haven from mortal danger is what a nation like ours has a moral obligation to do. If we don't, it diminishes us. I know if I had been unfortunate enough to have been born into abject poverty with a severe lack of the basics, little education and continuing threats of war and violence, I would have done everything I could to get away and find a better life. I suspect you would have too.

There are plenty of legal ways to enter this country as a permanent resident.

Entering illegally will not lead to a better life.
It will in fact probably be worse than that from which they escaped.
A life of modern slavery living in sub-standard accommodation and no future.

By all means allow migration through the correct channels.
By all means allow genuine asylum through the correct channels.

Not coming down hard on the illegal routes is detrimental to everyone except the traffickers.

Oh dear , You political left people don’t like it when someone has an opinion different to yours do you?

Because people have a difference in opinion there racist and discriminate against anyone that don’t look like us. Whatever that’s supposed to mean. We are all the same human beings, but I’m suggesting they go somewhere else they can thrive and live a luxurious life. Italy is nice Spain is quite nice too. Lots of work in Germany!

We are a small Island that is overcrowded, and we don’t need to have people coming from here there everywhere. Unless they have a trade or skills that we desire. We don’t need refugees to flee and come here. They travel through so many countries to get here. So why not rock up in Hungary and Poland. You know why because the poles, and Hungarians tell them to f**k off. They don’t accept them so why should we! You look at all these refugees. There all men! Where are the wives and children, oh there left behind in the middle of gunfire. Also show up on tv adverts, where we must donate money to help. f**k that!

So yes I have a difference in opinion, and that’s all it is.

Isn’t it great that we live in a country where I am allowed to have a different opinion to you.
Suggest you take a look at the figures for asylum seekers in all of the countries you mention and compare them to the uk......

They risk their lives and future to travel half way round the world but learning a language is too difficult? Not sure I can buy that. It is awful that they are compelled to do it and more should be done to support them in their own countries.

Oh dear , You political left people don’t like it when someone has an opinion different to yours do you?

Because people have a difference in opinion there racist and discriminate against anyone that don’t look like us. Whatever that’s supposed to mean. We are all the same human beings, but I’m suggesting they go somewhere else they can thrive and live a luxurious life. Italy is nice Spain is quite nice too. Lots of work in Germany!

We are a small Island that is overcrowded, and we don’t need to have people coming from here there everywhere. Unless they have a trade or skills that we desire. We don’t need refugees to flee and come here. They travel through so many countries to get here. So why not rock up in Hungary and Poland. You know why because the poles, and Hungarians tell them to f**k off. They don’t accept them so why should we! You look at all these refugees. There all men! Where are the wives and children, oh there left behind in the middle of gunfire. Also show up on tv adverts, where we must donate money to help. f**k that!

So yes I have a difference in opinion, and that’s all it is.
Actually, party politics has nothing to do with it. Yes, you have a different opinion to me and you're entitled to it. Where have I called you racist and discriminatory? Surely the whole point of a forum like this to say what we think without descending inot personal insults.

Isn’t it great that we live in a country where I am allowed to have a different opinion to you.
Suggest you take a look at the figures for asylum seekers in all of the countries you mention and compare them to the uk......
Well theoretically yes, but we are beginning to see an erosion of that concept via cancel culture, demonitisation and deplatforming. Add to that online harassment and ambiguous hate speech laws, and you have to start wondering whether we really do live in that kind of country.

... or at least wonder for how long our country will genuinely be considered "open".

Actually, party politics has nothing to do with it. Yes, you have a different opinion to me and you're entitled to it. Where have I called you racist and discriminatory? Surely the whole point of a forum like this to say what we think without descending inot personal insults.

I wasn’t referring to you, or anyone else in particular. I certainly never said you were saying I’m a racist, or discriminatory. I writing that in general most people who don’t share your opinion nowadays, seem to think it’s frowned upon, or believe you are far right.

If you disagree with someone, they look at you as if to say, “ you can’t say that” or “you can’t do that” absolute trollop you can say what you like, if you have certain views on things that are deemed to be shall we say below the belt or not particularly nice. Then refrain and keep it to yourself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom