Current Player #29 Benjamin Davis

He played very well for the full match. A creative no. 10 role that saw him shadow the striker and also dribble out to the flanks. Singaporeans within group chats of mine, are particularly angry with him :LOL:

We have people moaning about Robinson saying Golding could be a squad player after all this season, now we have people moaning we have let a young lad out on loan who wouldn’t be anywhere near the 1st team 😂

Think the key with Davis is he was never a Robbo signing. Has pretty much treated him as such since.

Our Social Media Manager today after losing the source of 90% of their content reshares…

d1fd25600c84884db77094dead0926b7.gif

Probably a good move for Davis' international ambitions. The vast majority of the Thailand national football team play at home.

Not a great move if he had any serious ambitions of playing for us. I don't know a whole lot about the Thai league, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a great tradition of producing players that are ready for League One football!

He played in the friendlies, looked decent if not essential against City. Gives room for an established professional signing - if we can find one.

A sign that Tiger is becoming less prominent in the upper echelons of the club??

1. Thailand is not his home, Phuket is birth place & early years spent. Bangkok is something like 500 miles away.
  2. The fact that he’s gone to a rival of BG Pathum (whom could do with a player like him) is a statement of itself.
  3. It appears that Robbo is getting more clout over Tiger.
  4. Despite not having massive club stadiums, it’s still well supported. Has 3 professional tiers of divisions, some teams in T3 are semi-professional. The wages are some of the highest in South East Asia. Since the impact of covid. The Thai league duration is more mirrored to England’s. Whereas, they use to start early in the year and have the season concluded by the end of the year.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: MJB
Just returned from Cambodia SEA 32 games. Thai fans there, told me that he had become a flop at Port & has faded out of the national team.

Back
Top Bottom