General Micky Lewis funeral

Canterbury exile

Karl and the Oxford United staff and players changed their training schedule to pay last respects to the legend ( and lovely bloke) that was Micky Lewis As the cortege stopped off at Oxford City. That says so much about the caring, thoughtful nature of Oxford United during KR’s managerial stint. The amazing turn out at Court Place Farm says everything about how highly Micky was regarded in the Oxon community and football world. Had I realised it was his funeral today I would have happily travelled from Kent to pay my deepest respects to a top, top bloke And a very good coach. Respect to Chris Wilder for travelling to Oxford to pay his own respects.I am very proud of my club today. RIP Micky.

Last edited:
I can’t say enough about the turn out at Oxford City today. The whole squad and back room staff were present along with Oxford City and the Oxford university football squad. A minute silence was followed by a minutes applause. So we’ll respected and there were no dry eyes in the ground. Not many of the current squad knew Mickey but all we an absolute credit to the club.
Chris Wilder, Kelvin Thomas and others were there to pay respects. It was a great send off for an amazing gent and friend to many. Rest in peace Micky.

This was very good from our club. I agree that under KR we have become a caring club.
Mickey was a top top man and epitomised everything I love about OUFC

I'm no fan of Chris Wilder, as I've often said, but fair play to him for travelling down today. Respect.

RIP Mickey.
My thoughts too. Not Wilder’s greatest fan but fair play to him for attending rather than a few words from afar. On the subject of Robinson I think his legacy, other than anything he might achieve on the football front, will be the portrayal under him of Oxford as a very professionally run club doing things off the pitch in the right manner.

Back
Top Bottom