General Mick Brown - 40 years.

I may be wrong but wasn't this the guy who gave Orient the entire north stand when we were relegated out of the football league?

First met him when he had a mullet and a sheepskin. Thought he was a ticket tout. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The early days of the LRT coaches, well you had to have been there. So many stories and great escapes!!

I may be wrong but wasn't this the guy who gave Orient the entire north stand when we were relegated out of the football league?
It might have been Uncle Firoz who gave Orient the North Stand, but go on, insult the guy who has given fourty years to the club!

First met him when he had a mullet and a sheepskin. Thought he was a ticket tout. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The early days of the LRT coaches, well you had to have been there. So many stories and great escapes!!

Fond memories of the LRTC. Those battle buses of the early to mid 80's were legendry. Never paid the extra for an executive coach.

And? It's not like our failure that day was down to that decision alone, more like repeated failings from a succession of owners and managers to get us in that position in the first place.

To have 40 years' service and only make two high profile mistakes (one of which wasn't even a mistake), it's pretty good going in my book, and he should be commended for all that's he's done for the football club, most of which is out of public view.

Last edited:

I think you'll find he was instructed to do it earlier in the season, by the outgoing owner, Kassam. So, not his fault.

On a side note, why do people call Kassam, Uncle Firoz, like he's some benevolent nice guy? He's done nothing but bad for this club, much of it calculated, and still is. He doesn't deserve to be remembered, or referred to, fondly in this manner.

On a side note, why do people call Kassam, Uncle Firoz, like he's some benevolent nice guy? He's done nothing but bad for this club, much of it calculated, and still is. He doesn't deserve to be remembered, or referred to, fondly in this manner.

Sarcasm. Pure sarcasm.

For all the reasons you've listed

I went to Cambridge on the first London road travel club, police held up coaches so everyone got in late, a bit of ground remodeling took place when the police kept everyone in at the end, pms crossbar just needed to be adjusted a little bit

Back
Top Bottom