General Michael owen new autobiography

oufc1991

After seeing snippets of this new book in papers over the last few days what a sad little man he seems I think he was one on the best strikers of his generation but he seems a t**t now he’s finished playing ?

What has he said? Must admit I’ve only seen two snippets.
1. He thought moving to Newcastle was a step down. Let’s face it, it was!
2. He thought Beckham let the team down in WC98, and he did!

What has he said? Must admit I’ve only seen two snippets.
1. He thought moving to Newcastle was a step down. Let’s face it, it was!
2. He thought Beckham let the team down in WC98, and he did!
He also tried accusing fc of damaging English football just because he dropped Owen

The guy has got no personality what so ever. I can imagine they’ve had to go totally OTT with how his opinions are presented in this just to get anybody talking about it.

He also tried accusing fc of damaging English football just because he dropped Owen
Fabio Capello was a terrible England manager. Could get us through qualification but tournaments he was awful. I’m no Owen fan but I’m not convinced at your argument so far....
Might read his book and judge myself.

Has to have "lively/controversy" to sell copies.

He played well, scored some great goals and is now just another ex-footballer.

I have to say I completely agree with Owen. Newcastle fans have always had delusions of grandeur of epic proportions. This bit in particular is spot on:

"Freddy was only doing what all the fans constantly do at almost every football club," said Owen. "They believe their club is 10% bigger and their team is 10% better than it actually is.
"This kind of blind delusion is especially true of Newcastle United - which, as I reach for the nearest tin hat, is only a big club in the sense that it has a lot of fans and a big stadium."

I have to say I completely agree with Owen. Newcastle fans have always had delusions of grandeur of epic proportions. This bit in particular is spot on:

"Freddy was only doing what all the fans constantly do at almost every football club," said Owen. "They believe their club is 10% bigger and their team is 10% better than it actually is.
"This kind of blind delusion is especially true of Newcastle United - which, as I reach for the nearest tin hat, is only a big club in the sense that it has a lot of fans and a big stadium."
bit like Pompey, Sunderland, Birmingham city etc etc then ?

and when in non-league Bristol rovers, Luton.... and us! :sneaky:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom