Michael Appleton - Hibs manager

Top bloke, decent manager.
Needs to feel wanted by the fans and boardroom, I’m not sure it will work as there is not much he can achieve north of the border, here he had the opportunity to win stuff and do well I’m not sure that’s the case at Hibs.

Hibs have got themselves a top bloke. Always got respect from his players, and played a great brand of fast counter attacking football. Very rarely did you see the ball leave the ground.

I’m confident he will be a BIG success north of the border.

I’m just glad he won’t be against us with Looton or Peterborough. I always thought they might of been clubs that might of turned his head. Thank god he’s not!

Good Luck MA top man.

Fking Hibs. I’d have him back in a heartbeat. He gave us some of the best footy we have seen for years. Good luck Appleton. Cmon Hibs.

Bearing in mind this individual posted a 'burn the pope' song I think you dissemble @makv. It's just hate speech copied from some bigot forum he loves.

Ah. Phew. I wasn’t actually dissembling. Genuinely no idea what the bloke was banging on about.

Strange move for him but maybe he isn’t getting interest from the better championship sides and doesn’t fancy dropping lower down again. Not certain what he can do in that league though but good luck to him, deserves a shot at a big job one day so hopefully this is a stepping stone to that.

Thanks for the replies lads. Hopefully he will do as good as you lot seem to think. From reading some articles where he is being interview, he seems like a genuinely nice guy! Seems well respected in the game, so hopefully that will bode well for us when it comes to signing players as I imagine be will have a few contacts in England.

Should we expect good attacking football? Seems to have had a good relationship with his players when at Oxford, so hoping for the same here.

Thanks for the replies lads. Hopefully he will do as good as you lot seem to think. From reading some articles where he is being interview, he seems like a genuinely nice guy! Seems well respected in the game, so hopefully that will bode well for us when it comes to signing players as I imagine be will have a few contacts in England.

Should we expect good attacking football? Seems to have had a good relationship with his players when at Oxford, so hoping for the same here.
Yes really good attacking football.
IF he is given time.

Hibs fan in peace here guys...

So it’s looking very much like that Michael Appleton is set to become our new manager. My inital impressions/thoughts were not very good, as he hasn’t really set the heather alight anywhere else other than yoursleves (not disrespecting at all btw). So as you can imagine, me and many of the Hibs support are very skeptical.

So my question is, what can you tell me about MA? What was/is he like as a manager? Style of football, man management, player development etc etc. Just everything and anything you can tell me would be great. I seen he had pretty good success with you lot and signed some good player too - hopefully he can do the same with us!

Please let me know your thoughts.

All the best for the rest of the season guys.

A Hibs fan :)

Tactically astute, plays some excellent football, works the team hard and develops youth, would be an excellent choice as manager in my opinion

You'll also hear "no doubt about it" a lot.

Took time to build the side he needed here and lost some of the fans in the process. Good attacking football but more importantly a resilient side. Remember not having to worry about going behind. Good relationships with players but not afraid to get rid of disruptive influences or players who didn't want to wait for their chance in the side. God I miss him.

Also if your side is winning 2-0 under Appleton they won’t sit back and take the 2-0 they’ll keep going for more goals.The best manager I’ve ever seen at Oxford by a million miles.Fast attacking passing football,even when you lose a game it will still be the best football you’ve ever seen.

Quality manager. Well liked and respected by ALL at Oxford. Best of luck MApp. Will certainly be looking out for Hibs results

Back
Top Bottom