Michael Appleton - Hibs manager

SunshineOnLeith

Jobs Fan
Hibs fan in peace here guys...

So it’s looking very much like that Michael Appleton is set to become our new manager. My inital impressions/thoughts were not very good, as he hasn’t really set the heather alight anywhere else other than yoursleves (not disrespecting at all btw). So as you can imagine, me and many of the Hibs support are very skeptical.

So my question is, what can you tell me about MA? What was/is he like as a manager? Style of football, man management, player development etc etc. Just everything and anything you can tell me would be great. I seen he had pretty good success with you lot and signed some good player too - hopefully he can do the same with us!

Please let me know your thoughts.

All the best for the rest of the season guys.

A Hibs fan :)

So jealous of you if this happens. His football is the best we've had in about 30 years .

He is a very good manager and good with the youth we were trusted with a few youngsters such as Jonjoe Kenny now Evertons second choice right back and he also developed Kemar Roofe into a top striker.

His football is beautiful to watch. Ball on ground and fast football it was like watching Brazil at times.

Players won't P**s around with him about. He's like a rugby player you'll become a disciplined team.

Also had some mentoring from Sir Alex So he knows his stuff.

You can have Karl Robinson if you like and well take Mapp back. Failing that give him time and you'll be up there with Celtic and Rangers in the next 2 season's.

Last edited:
Hibs fan in peace here guys...

So it’s looking very much like that Michael Appleton is set to become our new manager. My inital impressions/thoughts were not very good, as he hasn’t really set the heather alight anywhere else other than yoursleves (not disrespecting at all btw). So as you can imagine, me and many of the Hibs support are very skeptical.

So my question is, what can you tell me about MA? What was/is he like as a manager? Style of football, man management, player development etc etc. Just everything and anything you can tell me would be great. I seen he had pretty good success with you lot and signed some good player too - hopefully he can do the same with us!

Please let me know your thoughts.

All the best for the rest of the season guys.
If OUFC were offered MApp to return , Id think many OUFC supporters would rip your arm off, never mind your hand! .....

fast, flowing, attacking football, generally gets the very best out of players..... works/ produces his stuff best when teamed up with a good chairman and CEO

MAPP had a hard start at OUFC for various reasons, but both worked hard and used his connections well to bring in young players, getting us promoted playing good football. He'll require a bit of money behind him to get the team as he wants it, but he's clearly a manager who gets it. He'll be less prickly than Lennon, but don't mistake the silence for softness. Although he has a fondness for a certain system, so if your fans are expecting a 442, they will be disappointed.

I have been getting asked the same question by every Hibs fan I know up here. I’m so envious of you lot at Easter Road, great manager if given time. If he had a good relationship with the chairman, I don’t know if Petrie will be as accommodating or forgiving if results don’t go well. Could go on and on and still have nothing bad to say.
Has anyone mentioned the blokes a tank!

Why he would want to manage the spoon burners from Leith I do not know!

Never fails to amaze me how fans outside of Oxford perceive Mapp.

Forvever seen as a poor manager because he did average jobs at three ‘basket case’ clubs, yet the same poor managers keep getting regurgitated in the championship and above.

I think his reputation within football is certainly much better.

If yourself or any friends are looking to make a bit of money, I'd recommend setting up a gym and a tattoo parlour somewhere close to where he's going to be living.

d2ea021f3a7608f8b98b961e7bdffcb6.jpg

He does look like he needs to get down the gym. I’m not telling him though.

Back
Top Bottom