Michael Appleton - Hibs manager

Scunthorpe 1 up v Accrington
Burton 1 up v Wombles :)
Blackpoo 1 up v Wasall :)

He made a slow start in management generally, and here at OUFC. But he stuck at it and the success he had here seemed like the results of hard work to a long term plan. A good bloke. I would think that he has learned more since as well with the experience he gained at Leicester.

Oh god, you don't want him, he's s**t. Tell you what, we've a good manager you can have, send Appleton back down here.
Agree with this Hibs fan. To be honest, Appletons success has been limited. If you want a manager who has been promoted to the Championship, has charisma, and talks a lot of sense, i REALLY hope your board take a look at Mr Karl Robinson.

Agree with this Hibs fan. To be honest, Appletons success has been limited. If you want a manager who has been promoted to the Championship, has charisma, and talks a lot of sense, i REALLY hope your board take a look at Mr Karl Robinson.

Grow up, Kip. Today’s result was good and the football fun.

Appleton’s first three jobs were a series of basket cases that the man admits himself he should have stuck at for more time. Don’t judge him on those.

Here, he initially tried something impossible with players that weren’t capable. Lower league veterans trying to make tika-taka was a bleak watch and only when given the cheque book and an opportunity to clear a lot of players out did we start to see what he was capable of. We excelled after that and he gave us some great cup runs, Wembley appearances and a coveted promotion.

MApp is a head coach, not a manager as such. He invests his time in the coaching and relies on his coaching team for scouting. As such, Oxford built a reputation as a means of developing young talent and playing good football.

He needs time to build his empire. Give him that and a team of scouts to work with and he’ll change Hibs from top to bottom. He’d be welcome back here with open arms too!

It was meant to be a tongue in cheek post! I love Appleton and what he did here. Going to football every week was a joy.

Grow up, Kip. Today’s result was good and the football fun.

Appleton’s first three jobs were a series of basket cases that the man admits himself he should have stuck at for more time. Don’t judge him on those.

Here, he initially tried something impossible with players that weren’t capable. Lower league veterans trying to make tika-taka was a bleak watch and only when given the cheque book and an opportunity to clear a lot of players out did we start to see what he was capable of. We excelled after that and he gave us some great cup runs, Wembley appearances and a coveted promotion.

MApp is a head coach, not a manager as such. He invests his time in the coaching and relies on his coaching team for scouting. As such, Oxford built a reputation as a means of developing young talent and playing good football.

He needs time to build his empire. Give him that and a team of scouts to work with and he’ll change Hibs from top to bottom. He’d be welcome back here with open arms too!

You’ve just been wooshed by kip. kip!!!

To be honest, I would hate it if he went to another L1 team and we had to play against him so I'm glad he has gone to Hibs. In terms of management he is a long term fix not a short term solution. I expect Hibs and Sunderland to be battling it out for Curtis Nelson in the summer and can see Maguire going there too.

Great manager, and a top bloke too.

I've always favoured Hearts but will now look out for Hibernian's results, which I suppose illustrates the impression he's left on us here.

I'm also glad he hasn't taken another job in our league, as I'd have been envious of whoever got him.

Back
Top Bottom