Chairman message from Tiger

Sarge

God like member
arrived a short while ago ....

Z6IrScAOiTp6Lcc48UYHD1-a14lZL-K9X4G4NmRbkuIPBkDl-IHBQhS1nLHe2Atw4BIhZ0ngh5WzKuHjuIIDRT4=s0-d-e1-ft
0LWJTBNIGdF2j7zsq8tlJXRkepCu9vtERhh8JOBaF4C7dvelgfrR2_AGM5Anfmg6UupO84iXdplehETxMzJV0IBf3-YxC_M=s0-d-e1-ft
Dear Sarge

As I am sure you will have seen, it's been a busy 24 hours! It was the busiest weekend since I came to the club and so many people worked incredibly hard to make things happen.

I watched the game at Blackpool on iFollow at home in Thailand and had friends round to watch it: their comments were nearly all about the style of football and how easy to watch this team is.

That is my message to fans really. Those who have been coming to games have been excellent but there are lots of people out there who love this football club and for one reason or another haven’t been coming to games.

We want to change that. We want fans to come and see for themselves what we are building. Today we signed two very exciting players in George Thorne and Matt Taylor and I saw that Matt Taylor signing was trending on Twitter in the UK!

That’s exciting and is just another sign that we are starting to make things happen here. Our next challenge is to turn that interest in to bigger crowds at matches. We are investing into the team and also the infrastructure at the club and we would love fans to be part of it throughout the season.

If you used to hold a season ticket, we would love to see you back as a season ticket holder. We now have tickets from £299 for adults and of course our family offers. If you buy tickets regularly then why not upgrade that into a season ticket? You save money that way too.I am also extending our offer on season tickets, so that those of you who have purchased either Peterborough or Burton already, we will refund one of those tickets off of the cost of a season ticket*.

And if you saw the signings on social media and wondered what was happening then come to a game and see for yourself. We play Burton at home tomorrow and then MIllwall in the Carabao Cup next Tuesday and Coventry in the league the following Saturday.

This is a very positive place to be right now, so please do back Karl and his team and come along and support your beloved club.

I look forward to seeing you at a match soon.

Best Wishes,
0c4Oag0GF6YfCXDg5096wvbi5YWcYD9d9rFCg2sc1Wwqd3WCRX7jcbfb9b5ZVp8y7pEbL1Rwry0td20yQ61rXxUXHtQD=s0-d-e1-ft

Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth
Chairman​

Fair enough. He’s put his money firmly where his mouth is this summer and backed Robbo to the hilt. There can be no complaints from fans. The signings are top class at our level, he’s got the manager on a long term deal, things are continuing to take shape off the pitch and the team are playing with a confidence and swagger not seen since the second half of our promotion season. Even on the back of a defeat there seems an energy and enthusiasm circling the club.

I couldn’t blame him for despairing if gates fail to get up around the 7500-8000 mark based on these last few weeks and the momentum that seems to be flowing through the club. As always results will ultimately have their say but on the face of it it seems a really exciting time to be a fan.

More of a rallying call than an update and to be fair he has a point. He has put his money where his mouth is this summer so I think it is only fair we as fans get behind the side in any way we can.
agree with that @Steve Gilbert .... hence Im taking my (middle) grandaughter to tomorrow nights match V Burton:)

( though not too sure weather to take her to next tuesday nights league cup game.... limited choice of seats, plus Im presuming there'll be hordes of TVP in body armour & the obnoxious mounted division will be out n about then too, not the most welcoming environment in which to take a 7 yo girl )

agree with that @Steve Gilbert .... hence Im taking my (middle) grandaughter to tomorrow nights match V Burton:)

( though not too sure weather to take her to next tuesday nights league cup game.... limited choice of seats, plus Im presuming there'll be hordes of TVP in body armour & the obnoxious mounted division will be out n about then too, not the most welcoming environment in which to take a 7 yo girl )

I would opt for tomorrows game if I was you. No point risking a game against Millwall which could either go 1 way or the other off the pitch. If the worst did happen it might put her off going to football ever again.

I would opt for tomorrows game if I was you. No point risking a game against Millwall which could either go 1 way or the other off the pitch. If the worst did happen it might put her off going to football ever again.
ticket already sorted for tomorrow .... knowing my grandaughter she'll be asking to go the game tues week too :unsure:

The squad assembled looks fantastic now. If G-Mac arrives from Reading the cake will have been well and truly baked,
iced and a cherry put on the top.

On a related note, was just reading the tweets from Zaki Nuseibeh (our director):

"I know it is boring but on an exciting day like today it's important fans understand our philosophy. We are an ambitious board who wants to build a sustainable football club. We do not want to gamble our way into promotion as this could go horribly wrong as it has done for many.....before us. We have to be disciplined but ambitious. Sometimes in this complex business we have to also be opportunistic, but this does not mean our business model changes as we will continue to operate within our preset limits. However, in the long run sustainability can......only be achieved by increasing our revenues and reducing our annual losses. Today the main source of revenue is ticket sales and I hope as many #OUFC fans as possible will watch our talented team every week. Our away following is enough evidence of how much this club means......to so many, and I hope this year, with all the momentum we currently have, will see our home and away following bigger than ever before. Can't wait for tomorrow and Saturday! #OUFC @OUFCOfficial"

Damn, that's a lot of pragmatic and sensible thoughts. 'Disciplined but ambitious'? I think I'm developing a man crush based solely on a set of tweets!

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the opportunity to sign two players as good as Taylor and Thorne has come up slightly unexpectedly, and KR has persuaded them to take advantage of that and allow him to slightly expand his budget (presumably the Whyte sale helped as well).

And then it's the big 'Go Buy Tickets' pitch.
Which is fair enough. Given the way the summer, and the first four games of the season, have gone.....I don't think there's any excuse for you all not to do it (I live 4000 miles away, so I'm restricted to an iFollow subscription!)

The level of support has been debated on here many times and it would be good to see more attending on a regular basis.

Quite simply, they deserve all the support. I will be heading to the stadium tomorrow to invest in a season ticket, as i always promised if we showed ambition. We have. And then some..
Where is Kip and what have you done with him? All joking aside, seeing some more cautiously optimistic fans buy into the growing positivity surrounding the club is almost as satisfying as seeing Taylor score a last minute winner on Saturday, will be. UP THE YELLUZ!!!

Last edited:
arrived a short while ago ....

Z6IrScAOiTp6Lcc48UYHD1-a14lZL-K9X4G4NmRbkuIPBkDl-IHBQhS1nLHe2Atw4BIhZ0ngh5WzKuHjuIIDRT4=s0-d-e1-ft

0LWJTBNIGdF2j7zsq8tlJXRkepCu9vtERhh8JOBaF4C7dvelgfrR2_AGM5Anfmg6UupO84iXdplehETxMzJV0IBf3-YxC_M=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Sarge

As I am sure you will have seen, it's been a busy 24 hours! It was the busiest weekend since I came to the club and so many people worked incredibly hard to make things happen.

I watched the game at Blackpool on iFollow at home in Thailand and had friends round to watch it: their comments were nearly all about the style of football and how easy to watch this team is.

That is my message to fans really. Those who have been coming to games have been excellent but there are lots of people out there who love this football club and for one reason or another haven’t been coming to games.

We want to change that. We want fans to come and see for themselves what we are building. Today we signed two very exciting players in George Thorne and Matt Taylor and I saw that Matt Taylor signing was trending on Twitter in the UK!

That’s exciting and is just another sign that we are starting to make things happen here. Our next challenge is to turn that interest in to bigger crowds at matches. We are investing into the team and also the infrastructure at the club and we would love fans to be part of it throughout the season.

If you used to hold a season ticket, we would love to see you back as a season ticket holder. We now have tickets from £299 for adults and of course our family offers. If you buy tickets regularly then why not upgrade that into a season ticket? You save money that way too.I am also extending our offer on season tickets, so that those of you who have purchased either Peterborough or Burton already, we will refund one of those tickets off of the cost of a season ticket*.

And if you saw the signings on social media and wondered what was happening then come to a game and see for yourself. We play Burton at home tomorrow and then MIllwall in the Carabao Cup next Tuesday and Coventry in the league the following Saturday.

This is a very positive place to be right now, so please do back Karl and his team and come along and support your beloved club.

I look forward to seeing you at a match soon.

Best Wishes,

0c4Oag0GF6YfCXDg5096wvbi5YWcYD9d9rFCg2sc1Wwqd3WCRX7jcbfb9b5ZVp8y7pEbL1Rwry0td20yQ61rXxUXHtQD=s0-d-e1-ft

Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth
Chairman​
Targeted marketing - whatever next - well done OUFC.

This could be Mark from Peep Show love it
"Damn, that's a lot of pragmatic and sensible thoughts. 'Disciplined but ambitious'? I think I'm developing a man crush based solely on a set of tweets"

This could be Mark from Peep Show love it
"Damn, that's a lot of pragmatic and sensible thoughts. 'Disciplined but ambitious'? I think I'm developing a man crush based solely on a set of tweets"

Hmmmm....do I know you?

I only ask because my mates frequently accuse me of being David Mitchell. Partly because I look like him, and partly because - judging from Peep Show, and the Soapbox he used to do in the Guardian - my brain works exactly the same way as his!

Hmmmm....do I know you?

I only ask because my mates frequently accuse me of being David Mitchell. Partly because I look like him, and partly because - judging from Peep Show, and the Soapbox he used to do in the Guardian - my brain works exactly the same way as his!
I don't think I know you, I'm a big fan of PS and that could be a quote from Mark talking about Johnson!

On a related note, was just reading the tweets from Zaki Nuseibeh (our director):

"I know it is boring but on an exciting day like today it's important fans understand our philosophy. We are an ambitious board who wants to build a sustainable football club. We do not want to gamble our way into promotion as this could go horribly wrong as it has done for many.....before us. We have to be disciplined but ambitious. Sometimes in this complex business we have to also be opportunistic, but this does not mean our business model changes as we will continue to operate within our preset limits. However, in the long run sustainability can......only be achieved by increasing our revenues and reducing our annual losses. Today the main source of revenue is ticket sales and I hope as many #OUFC fans as possible will watch our talented team every week. Our away following is enough evidence of how much this club means......to so many, and I hope this year, with all the momentum we currently have, will see our home and away following bigger than ever before. Can't wait for tomorrow and Saturday! #OUFC @OUFCOfficial"

Damn, that's a lot of pragmatic and sensible thoughts. 'Disciplined but ambitious'? I think I'm developing a man crush based solely on a set of tweets!

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the opportunity to sign two players as good as Taylor and Thorne has come up slightly unexpectedly, and KR has persuaded them to take advantage of that and allow him to slightly expand his budget (presumably the Whyte sale helped as well).

And then it's the big 'Go Buy Tickets' pitch.
Which is fair enough. Given the way the summer, and the first four games of the season, have gone.....I don't think there's any excuse for you all not to do it (I live 4000 miles away, so I'm restricted to an iFollow subscription!)
Thanks for posting this, it's an encouraging read and it's really good to see a OUFC director posting this, I'm hoping the level of communication we have seen over the last few weeks continues.

Back
Top Bottom