Memory Lane.

yellowbow

As things a quiet I thought I’d post this video that I revisited today. Brought back great memories of a great match and great team. How fearless was Johnny Aldridge?! And Billy Hamilton was imperious in the air.. Let’s hope our new strike force are half as good as those two.

Was in the Osler for that, down by the cuckoo lane end. What a game it was, we were on the back foot for the first half hour or so, then a storming end to the first half. The winning goal, what was Jennings doing ?

Was in the Osler for that, down by the cuckoo lane end. What a game it was, we were on the back foot for the first half hour or so, then a storming end to the first half. The winning goal, what was Jennings doing ?
Not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me but I seem to remember that it came out after the game that Jennings was nursing a shoulder injury which restricted him. Maybe in the collision with Aldridge..? On a side note, I’d forgotten that an 18 year old Tony Adams was their sub.

Not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me but I seem to remember that it came out after the game that Jennings was nursing a shoulder injury which restricted him. Maybe in the collision with Aldridge..? On a side note, I’d forgotten that an 18 year old Tony Adams was their sub.
Sounds like the Jennings injury is about right @yellowbow ...Aldridge had to go off for treatment for a sizeable chunk of the first half of that game,if my hazey memory is working properly?:oops:

Sounds like the Jennings injury is about right @yellowbow ...Aldridge had to go off for treatment for a sizeable chunk of the first half of that game,if my hazey memory is working properly?:oops:
Yes, Jennings took him out in the 1st half and was stretchered off - poetic justice for Langan to get the winning goal in the 2nd half (y)(y)

I thought it was his hand that was injured, the one with which is a bit weak for Langan's shot.

I remember Arsenal fans charged the back of the LRT afterwards, I can remember my brother and me getting shoved into the supporters club to get out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom