MemorOx

GodalmingYellow

Not too long before the old forum shut down, I posted on there about the resurgence of MemorOx , the Headington United and Oxford United programmes and memorabilia website, which has been widely updated.

A few members kindly messaged me with details of amendments they felt needed to be made, but I forgot to save the messages and since the change to this shiny new forum, I no longer have access to them.

If you would like to message me again, or simply reply on here, that would be really helpful.

Good to see the revival of MemorOx! How about extending the brief to include copies of the original Raging Bull fanzine?

Good to see the revival of MemorOx! How about extending the brief to include copies of the original Raging Bull fanzine?
Thanks for the suggestion.
Raging Bull, Rage On, Yellow Fever, Ox Tales, Mad Ox Review, Shott Away, and Oxford United Down Under, are all already included under the fanzines section.
Let me know if you can think of anything else.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Raging Bull, Rage On, Yellow Fever, Ox Tales, Mad Ox Review, Shott Away, and Oxford United Down Under, are all already included under the fanzines section.
Let me know if you can think of anything else.
Thanks, Godalming Yellow, I saw programmes but need to look deeper!

Why did Raging Bull stop?

It switched to online only (rageonline.co.uk). Main reason it stopped being printed was the costs were not covered by income and the editors were losing substantial amounts of money with each edition.

I think other contributory factors were:
1. A dwindling number of contributors - the advent of online forums and social media, meant there was less desire to write hardcopy for inclusion in a monthly/quarterly publication. By time of publication, the views had been well aired and discussed on various sites - thus reducing the need for a printed physical copy.
2. The editors had started families and no longer had the time to devote to the fanzine and no one willing to take over due to said losses...

It switched to online only (rageonline.co.uk). Main reason it stopped being printed was the costs were not covered by income and the editors were losing substantial amounts of money with each edition.

I think other contributory factors were:
1. A dwindling number of contributors - the advent of online forums and social media, meant there was less desire to write hardcopy for inclusion in a monthly/quarterly publication. By time of publication, the views had been well aired and discussed on various sites - thus reducing the need for a printed physical copy.
2. The editors had started families and no longer had the time to devote to the fanzine and no one willing to take over due to said losses...
As one of the original editorial group, contributor, cartoonist and seller, I recall that it was mainly the advent of online media that changed things. I think this was true for most of the fanzines across the country.
Lots of good memories of those early editions. One of my proudest possessions is a letter from Maxwell's solicitors threatening legal action against us (not that such letters were uncommon!).

Looked at the list and find no mention of the away friendly against Brentford on 9th of September 2008.

Looked at the list and find no mention of the away friendly against Brentford on 9th of September 2008.
Thanks for the information DBF. Looking into it, that was a reserve team fixture.
MemorOx is focussed on first team fixtures (which we define as not being specified as reserves or youth team). Its a grey area I know.
Some reserve games are shown, as and when I find out about them, and I'll certainly add this one.
Adding in the full reserves schedule is something I plan to do, but it will be a huge task, and information like this is very helpful.
Do you know if a programme was produced, and if so whether it was a single sheet (team sheet type affair) or proper programme?

Back
Top Bottom