Members meeting 21/11/18

OxVox

The date and venue details of our next members meeting are as follows:

DATE: Wednesday 21 November
START TIME: 7pm
VENUE: Oxford City FC Bar, Marsh Lane, Oxford OX3 0NQ

Director and Shareholder Zaki Nuseibeh is confirmed and we expect other guests to also be in attendance.

We look forward to seeing many members on the 21st

See ya there....if the weather ain't too bad I can walk there n back :sneaky:.......though anyone driving there via headington or marston road allow a bit of extra travel time for the 7pm kick off due to the current access to headington ongoing roadworks with partial road closures from early evening (till 6am)

See ya there....if the weather ain't too bad I can walk there n back :sneaky:.......though anyone driving there via headington or marston road allow a bit of extra travel time for the 7pm kick off due to the current access to headington ongoing roadworks with partial road closures from early evening (till 6am)

Good call Sarge. Best to leave and extra 15/20 mins to get through. Looking forward to seeing as many members there as possible. Zaki is really open and enthusiastic and we are really pleased he agreed to join us.

I'm not going to do a 'Sarge' and moan about it, but I'd just like to register that as an exiled member the timing of a meeting at 7pm in midweek makes it impossible for me to get there. If of course it had been held just before a game on a Saturday that would have been much better, even if it would have meant that Sarge had to change his pre-match routine.

Can I suggest that (presuming Kassam is willing to let OxVox have the room, which may be a presumption too far, or maybe at another venue) that there is a mixture of weekday and pre-match meetings, so the majority can get to at least some of them?

I'm not going to do a 'Sarge' and moan about it, but I'd just like to register that as an exiled member the timing of a meeting at 7pm in midweek makes it impossible for me to get there. If of course it had been held just before a game on a Saturday that would have been much better, even if it would have meant that Sarge had to change his pre-match routine.

Can I suggest that (presuming Kassam is willing to let OxVox have the room, which may be a presumption too far, or maybe at another venue) that there is a mixture of weekday and pre-match meetings, so the majority can get to at least some of them?

I would concur with that, as would a number of exiles. (y)
Maybe a spot of research around members location would give weight to the idea?

We did weigh this up and will continue to do so but pre match meetings would make getting guests like directors and coaching staff really tricky. They tend to be dashing around on match day and can't commit two hours to a meeting. We do try to make the meetings as inclusive as possible but we also feel it's really important to give members the access to question the key decision makers at the club.

Is there any way you could set up a phone and do a Facebook broadcast (or something similar) so that those who cannot get to the meeting could watch and maybe submit questions?

We did weigh this up and will continue to do so but pre match meetings would make getting guests like directors and coaching staff really tricky. They tend to be dashing around on match day and can't commit two hours to a meeting. We do try to make the meetings as inclusive as possible but we also feel it's really important to give members the access to question the key decision makers at the club.
For what it's worth, I think it's important to also have members' meetings where there aren't any guests. There really should be a forum for members to get updates from the committee and be able to ask questions and challenge the answers given, without the potential of guests stifling any debate.

For what it's worth, I think it's important to also have members' meetings where there aren't any guests. There really should be a forum for members to get updates from the committee and be able to ask questions and challenge the answers given, without the potential of guests stifling any debate.
I agree, we have had the fans forum to ask the questions to the club, I thought an Oxvov meeting would be inclusive of the members asking and talking about the direction of their activities, including discussion on what they are allowed to say about the club, club officials stifle open debate.

Is there a likelihood of this @OxVox members meeeting needed to be rearranged, taking into consideration that Fa Cup 1st replays scheduled for tues 20th Dec, (certainly OUFC away to FGR and City home to Tranmere - at CPL are scheduled for 20th Dec) ,but, the chance of a televised replay may see that date change to which date best suits the Television company(s) ?

I agree, we have had the fans forum to ask the questions to the club, I thought an Oxvov meeting would be inclusive of the members asking and talking about the direction of their activities, including discussion on what they are allowed to say about the club, club officials stifle open debate.
Conversely... if guest speakers are invited to ox vox open members meetings it can be informative giving an insight to the guest speakers area of expertise, also it allows ox vox members to directly ask questions of the invited guest speakers ....the last two fans forums were limited time gatherings (obviously as the two were held on match days,pre match, so those there from oufc had other duties to take care of too) which gives minimal oppertunity for supporters to ask questions, also OUFC md at both fans forums didn't have the information to respond to any Q's asked of him ....(wonder if he's actually 'Got Back ' with answers as yet....including to Ox vox committee members?)....AGM is an ideal oppertunity for debate within the members of Ox vox. Over the past few seasons Ox vox open meetings with guest speakers have in the main, I think , successful .....being an oxvox committee member is often a thankless task, so credit where credit is due .......especially for the open members meetings (with guest speakers)

Conversely... if guest speakers are invited to ox vox open members meetings it can be informative giving an insight to the guest speakers area of expertise, also it allows ox vox members to directly ask questions of the invited guest speakers ....the last two fans forums were limited time gatherings (obviously as the two were held on match days,pre match, so those there from oufc had other duties to take care of too) which gives minimal oppertunity for supporters to ask questions, also OUFC md at both fans forums didn't have the information to respond to any Q's asked of him ....(wonder if he's actually 'Got Back ' with answers as yet....including to Ox vox committee members?)....AGM is an ideal oppertunity for debate within the members of Ox vox. Over the past few seasons Ox vox open meetings with guest speakers have in the main, I think , successful .....being an oxvox committee member is often a thankless task, so credit where credit is due .......especially for the open members meetings (with guest speakers)
I wouldn't disagree - there is a benefit in having guest speakers when there are specific areas for discussion. If it's simply a way of having a de facto fans forum, then I don't think that is the right approach.

To my mind, there have been a number of significant developments since the last OxVox AGM which I think are worthy of discussion and debate solely amongst the membership.

I wouldn't disagree - there is a benefit in having guest speakers when there are specific areas for discussion. If it's simply a way of having a de facto fans forum, then I don't think that is the right approach.

To my mind, there have been a number of significant developments since the last OxVox AGM which I think are worthy of discussion and debate solely amongst the membership.
Fair view that is too @myles ....though oxvox committee meeting reports and reports back to the membership do provide some insight as to what the elected oxvox committee have been doing on behalf of the membership. Ive found oxvox committee members very approachable and forthcoming, if there are any specific clarifications Id like , i tend to ask and invariably get a response ....not always the reply I'd like, but it is always a clarification reply nonetheless :sneaky:

Is there a likelihood of this @OxVox members meeeting needed to be rearranged, taking into consideration that Fa Cup 1st replays scheduled for tues 20th Dec, (certainly OUFC away to FGR and City home to Tranmere - at CPL are scheduled for 20th Dec) ,but, the chance of a televised replay may see that date change to which date best suits the Television company(s) ?
City's replay being televised a week this eve ....U's away to FGR same night ....hope city social club/bar restock s in time for ox vox meeting a week tomorrow evening ;)

Back
Top Bottom