Meetings

I am concerned about them
Sorry but you I’ll have to stay concerned. If an when I feel it’s right I will make it known, who knows I may even be pleasantly surprised with the OUSP but I won’t hold my breathe.

Sorry but you I’ll have to stay concerned. If an when I feel it’s right I will make it known, who knows I may even be pleasantly surprised with the OUSP but I won’t hold my breathe.
I will struggle on until you're ready to open up more Bazzer. Take care.

Not negative just can’t see what this is all about when Oxvox are more than capable, and there is also the lack of interest.

Judging by an Oxvox tweet after Saturdays game I think it is clear that this supporters panel is needed.

Sorry I can't reproduce the tweet in this thread, but Oxvox started a twitter thread re the issues with stewarding. There was then a reply along the lines of 'over zealous' stewarding and a quick search on twitter showed a few fans had experienced similar issues. Oxvox then said 'It's been happening all season. Needs to be addressed now.'

My immediate thoughts were:-

Well if it's been happening all season why hasn't anyone else addressed it already? This panel has only just been set up.

Why did Oxvox not address it earlier in the season?

Why haven't the club addressed it? I know of one fan who complained to the club a few weeks ago.

I've read the posts re what OxVox are concentrating on etc but I thought it was a bit cheeky them saying it needed addressing 'now'.

This panel has only just been set up and they should be given time to try and influence things. If they end up not being able to influence much then fair enough, at least people have volunteered their time and have given it a go. If they do succeed in influencing things for the better, improved stewarding for example then we'll all be grateful.

interesting point re item 3 in the minutes .... at yesterdays early kick-off match nearly all the designated blue badge/ disabled parking spaces located at the corner of the fence end/ north stand were not available, having been commandeered and occupied by a fleet of TVP vehicles.

there is already fewer disabled parking spaces than previously due to the car wash (located at fence end/ south stand area), I'd say whoever is appointed dedicated disabled representative for OUSP is really going to have their work cut out, with the local constabulary having absolutely no concern whatsoever, it seems, for disabled/reduced mobility OUFC supporters easy access to the stadium from designated parking spaces. Especially when the powers that be at TVP decide to occupy said spaces?

Why couldn't TVP have annexed non-disabled parking spaces in that area, for example, up against the edge of the car park, a very similar distance from the back of the North stand, instead of reducing more an already reduced amount of designated disabled parking spaces on a match day?

interesting point re item 3 in the minutes .... at yesterdays early kick-off match nearly all the designated blue badge/ disabled parking spaces located at the corner of the fence end/ north stand were not available, having been commandeered and occupied by a fleet of TVP vehicles.

there is already fewer disabled parking spaces than previously due to the car wash (located at fence end/ south stand area), I'd say whoever is appointed dedicated disabled representative for OUSP is really going to have their work cut out, with the local constabulary having absolutely no concern whatsoever, it seems, for disabled/reduced mobility OUFC supporters easy access to the stadium from designated parking spaces. Especially when the powers that be at TVP decide to occupy said spaces?

Why couldn't TVP have annexed non-disabled parking spaces in that area, for example, up against the edge of the car park, a very similar distance from the back of the North stand, instead of reducing more an already reduced amount of designated disabled parking spaces on a match day?
Thanks for the info. Will take that forward to the meeting on Thursday, as can be seen from the latest minutes, we intend discussing blue badge parking etc.

How on earth can FK justify removing Blue Badge match day parking in favour of car wash space ?

Hot water is not required in the stadium so it won't be turned on, while it might not be a requirement as a paying customer you expect facilities to be up to standard we're not in 1980s anymore!

All I want for Christmas is a new shiny stadium. 🙂

And to think some people believe if we're nice to him he'll sell us the stadium at a knock down price!

Sooner we're away from that place, and that man, the better.

Or he will take money for anything, if the offer is better than his current one?
Blue Badge parking - no income.
Car valeting service - income.

The minutes state the SLO advising that away teams (or BRFC specifically) are entitled to [a ticket allocation of] 20% [of capacity] for an FA Cup Tie.

FA Cup rules state
21. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS
(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals In all matches in the Competition Proper preceding the Semi-Finals where the Visiting Club’s spectators are permitted to attend, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% (up to a maximum of 9,000) of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area.

This has been the case for as long as I can remember, so unless we are allowing certain clubs to claim in excess of the minimum, I think that can be challenged.

The minutes state the SLO advising that away teams (or BRFC specifically) are entitled to [a ticket allocation of] 20% [of capacity] for an FA Cup Tie.

FA Cup rules state
21. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS
(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals In all matches in the Competition Proper preceding the Semi-Finals where the Visiting Club’s spectators are permitted to attend, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% (up to a maximum of 9,000) of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area.

This has been the case for as long as I can remember, so unless we are allowing certain clubs to claim in excess of the minimum, I think that can be challenged.

I should imagine it has something to do with the physical barriers/doors and access to facilities in the concourse?
So the away bit is "fixed" in size, above and below.
The Club then chooses to put in additional segregation and inconvenience anyone who normally sits there.
TVP then add to the inconvenience factor..... paying customers don`t matter.

I know the physical layout underneath the North Stand limits our flexibility when it comes to varying the segregation, but I'm fairly sure we have limited others to around 1,800 tickets in the past - Swansea for one, IIRC

Or he will take money for anything, if the offer is better than his current one?
Blue Badge parking - no income.
Car valeting service - income.
Or, if he can find new ways to make money, and it inconveniences disabled Oxford United fans, he'll do it anyway. Even for what must be a paltry sum in the general scheme of things, when one considers Kassam's wealth.

It really is all about morals, and he displays none. Also, it's supposed to be a bloody football stadium, not some back street, knock off, Del Boy like enterprise. The guy lives in Monaco for Christ's sake, does he really need to do things like this with no regard for (already disadvantaged) others, just because he can???!!!

Back
Top Bottom