MD on five min FF this avo

Sarge

God like member
rad ox at 5.45pm OUFC MD is taking questions

will anyone ask exactly when he'll be getting back with answers to questions he was getting back with the answers for (most Qs remain unanswered/ un got back to):unsure:

and...If some one was to ask that Q, will rad ox ask him ? :unsure:

Did this happen? Haven't seen anything published about it

subjects -
stadium sites? ( down from 5) - inc breeze block- developments 'soon'
pitch? condition of? - club responsible for pitch- new groundsmen team 'doing a good job'
ultras, treated badly? - sad theyre retiring , ultimately club must improve matchday experience themselves
young fans as in encouraging? - oufc ox for life back next year
Beano- a job at oufc? - a legend, hes valued and appreciated
MD - history in football (not schools)? - has been a scout for bigger clubs

kR next weeks on 5 min FF

I didn't hear the interview but in face value really dislike the answer re the Ultras.
I don't disagree that the club need to do everything that they can to improve the match day experience, but they can't afford to turn down supporters input and initiatives.

I didn't hear the interview but in face value really dislike the answer re the Ultras.
I don't disagree that the club need to do everything that they can to improve the match day experience, but they can't afford to turn down supporters input and initiatives.
its avail on iplayer via rad ox website

In fairness, you really should listen to the interview before commenting on this. You might still dislike what he said on listening back but it’s not fair to do without actually hearing the original response.

In fairness, you really should listen to the interview before commenting on this. You might still dislike what he said on listening back but it’s not fair to do without actually hearing the original response.
Fair point

• React
Reactions: MJB
Well I have heard it and to be fair his comments were reasonable.
The biggest thing to me he said was the fact that he is reasonably confident that a solution to the ground is not a long way off.
He also stressed the Oxvox desire for the place at the heart of the community (almost a community asset?? My interpretation)
It sounds that as usual a lot is going on behind the scenes.

After listening to the latest forum on the RO website it’s clear that NM is a good honest fella who’s putting his heart and soul into it but I’m afraid my default setting at the moment is still quite cynical. Actions will always speak louder than words. It seems the club is really trying to be more open with the fans after, let’s be honest about it, being forced into a corner with no other choice, but continuous answers of ‘we need to..’ ‘we should be...’ etc etc could just be seen as lip service until we see any tangible evidence that things are changing. I know there’s a lot of work to do on the stadium etc, and a lot of effort is probably needed to turn the ship around but I’m afraid I’ll remain sceptical until I hear anything with a bit more substance. Sorry if that upsets anyone but we’ve all seen and heard too many false dawns/promises over the years for me to feel any other way at the moment I’m afraid

After listening to the latest forum on the RO website it’s clear that NM is a good honest fella who’s putting his heart and soul into it but I’m afraid my default setting at the moment is still quite cynical. Actions will always speak louder than words. It seems the club is really trying to be more open with the fans after, let’s be honest about it, being forced into a corner with no other choice, but continuous answers of ‘we need to..’ ‘we should be...’ etc etc could just be seen as lip service until we see any tangible evidence that things are changing. I know there’s a lot of work to do on the stadium etc, and a lot of effort is probably needed to turn the ship around but I’m afraid I’ll remain sceptical until I hear anything with a bit more substance. Sorry if that upsets anyone but we’ve all seen and heard too many false dawns/promises over the years for me to feel any other way at the moment I’m afraid

Agree with that but I thought he came across a lot better yesterday than he has done on other occasions.

I did tweet Radio Ox to ask why these are only 5 min weekly slots? Has this been asked / answered before? 5 mins allows no time to get any depth to answers. Surely the club can make 15 to 30 min slots once a week, particularly when they are rotating who attends.

5 mins once a week is an improvement on nothing once a week! But it does feel a little like a tick box exercise.

Anyone ask him about his reticence to reply to those folk who pay his wages?

Agree with that but I thought he came across a lot better yesterday than he has done on other occasions.

I did tweet Radio Ox to ask why these are only 5 min weekly slots? Has this been asked / answered before? 5 mins allows no time to get any depth to answers. Surely the club can make 15 to 30 min slots once a week, particularly when they are rotating who attends.

5 mins once a week is an improvement on nothing once a week! But it does feel a little like a tick box exercise.

To be fair fans asked if an ask Ashton type thing could be reintroduced as it was really good communication and it has. Ask Ashton used to be 3 questions a week I think.

To be fair fans asked if an ask Ashton type thing could be reintroduced as it was really good communication and it has. Ask Ashton used to be 3 questions a week I think.

Cheers Dave.

I’m sure most fans would prefer a longer slot though. Also always wondered why there couldn’t be a monthly hour phone in, other clubs manage it.

Cheers Dave.

I’m sure most fans would prefer a longer slot though. Also always wondered why there couldn’t be a monthly hour phone in, other clubs manage it.

Oh no i totally agree a longer slot would be great. Was just saying I think that’s how it’s ended up at 5mins

Back
Top Bottom