General McMahon: Farmed out

Cheerio, Tony McMahon.

He can now settle down in that club of OUFC not-terrible-but-certainly-not-memorable series of fullbacks we’ve had down the years. Say hello to Michael Howard, Sam Togwell, Dave Mackay, Jon Shepheard and Sam Stockley on the way there.

Don’t even remember Howard and thought Togwell (went on to have a good career I think)& Shepherd we’re both CB’s? And wasn’t stockley a fb asked to play as a wingback? Mackay was prettty solid too!

I see McMahon helped our relegation rivals to a win on Saturday!
Can’t believe we let him join another club in our division tbh

I understand some of the sentiment behind it, but its one of many ludicrous decisions taken this season on our route to relegation.
Gobsmacked.
So whilst the fans view varies from him being an OK full back to a terrible mistake by KR as he was useless, Kip suddenly decides when he has gone that (presumably) he will be a big miss by us and gain for Scunny.
I am sure that impact posts Kip you have been saying what a good player McMahon was (not)

Gobsmacked.
So whilst the fans view varies from him being an OK full back to a terrible mistake by KR as he was useless, Kip suddenly decides when he has gone that (presumably) he will be a big miss by us and gain for Scunny.
I am sure that impact posts Kip you have been saying what a good player McMahon was (not)
He just wishes his team Swindon had got the player

I can't say that I'm at all irritated that McMahon went elsewhere in our division. He was not really a great loss for us and I'm not sure he will significantly improve another team. If his leaving allows us to get a better player in that (or another) position, then that's surely a net gain for us.

McMahon was fine, an average player for this division. We have three OK right backs so can do without him. He’s no George Baldock!

I can't say that I'm at all irritated that McMahon went elsewhere in our division. He was not really a great loss for us and I'm not sure he will significantly improve another team. If his leaving allows us to get a better player in that (or another) position, then that's surely a net gain for us.

When he came in to replace Norman, guess what, we started keeping clean sheets. I’m not saying he’s a massive loss but one extra body at the moment for us is a definite positive. Instead he’s already helped Scunny to 3 Pts

McMahon was fine, an average player for this division. We have three OK right backs so can do without him. He’s no George Baldock!
McMahon probably just better than all three of our RB’s tbh! Plus Hanson’s a midfielder ?

Doubt someone else will come in as replacement, unless it's a utility LB/RB.

Hanson - reasonable but is he a right back? He’s not quick enough for my liking.

Norman - frozen out.

Long - sub-League 2 standard.

Hanson - reasonable but is he a right back? He’s not quick enough for my liking.

Norman - frozen out.

I think Hanson is our best bet currently. Long was struggling against a poor league 2 team yesterday. Norman needs to develop some positional sense and a little more aggression.

Norman - frozen out.

Hanson started as a right back and has played half his career there.
TBH he looks absolutely fine there and is the least of our problems.

Back
Top Bottom