Current Player McGuane injury thread

gingerox

Did they ever say what the injury was? I'm no physio but seems like an usually long injury for a muscle, not like the thigh is particularly common either.

Berliner

Did they ever say what the injury was? I'm no physio but seems like an usually long injury for a muscle, not like the thigh is particularly common either.
Possibly a "Muskelbündelriss" as they say in ze Fatherland? It's where the muscle gets torn at the bit where it meets the joint. Anything up to 12 weeks out.

unification

Rubbish news. It doesn’t sound good for him.

We muddle on without him. Time for Sykes to step up.

tonto

Maybe time to blood that parillon kid who made such an impressive cameo in the pizza trophy earlier in the season. Apologies I cant remember his name. Someone will put me right!

BigCrompy

Maybe time to blood that parillon kid who made such an impressive cameo in the pizza trophy earlier in the season. Apologies I cant remember his name. Someone will put me right!
Suspect he's away on loan somewhere low-key, not sure on the nuances of recalling him to play league. Someone will know for sure, but I'm not sure we can.

Sarge

God like member
Parillion- Chambers?

tonyw

Parillion- Chambers?
Chambers-Parillon!

Assuming nothing changes, and the NLS are not going to play again this season, then it's an option.

But it's a bit of pressure on the kid, who's barely played professional football, to expect him to come in and rally us into the playoffs!

If we ever slip away from the playoff places, though, it would be great to get the likes of LCP and GOD some first team game time towards the end of the season.

Sarge

God like member
Chambers-Parillon!

Assuming nothing changes, and the NLS are not going to play again this season, then it's an option.

But it's a bit of pressure on the kid, who's barely played professional football, to expect him to come in and rally us into the playoffs!

If we ever slip away from the playoff places, though, it would be great to get the likes of LCP and GOD some first team game time towards the end of the season.
that's the fella

tonyw

Tough break for the guy.

I think he's got one more year on his contract at Forest? Assume he'll go out on loan again, or be available for a fee.

I certainly wouldn't say no to another loan deal for 2021-22. I think a permanent move would be a big risk though given that he'll be an injury question mark and likely looking for a big wage that we would struggle to fit under the League One salary cap.

[assuming, of course, that we are still in League One]

westyorkshireexile

Tough break for the guy.

I think he's got one more year on his contract at Forest? Assume he'll go out on loan again, or be available for a fee.

I certainly wouldn't say no to another loan deal for 2021-22. I think a permanent move would be a big risk though given that he'll be an injury question mark and likely looking for a big wage that we would struggle to fit under the League One salary cap.

[assuming, of course, that we are still in League One]
The salary cap in it's present form has been scrapped.