General Maxwell's in trouble again.

Ian Maxwell was on the news last night claiming she should be released on bail, wasn’t he a director for us at one time?

Poor diddums, woe is me rubbish.

Sorry to disagree. The brother said "Ian Maxwell said she was being held under constant surveillance in a 6x9ft (1.8x2.7m) cell with no natural light." I also read elsewhere that lights were on 24 hours and she was sleeping on a board.

I hold no torch for her, her family or anyone who deceives or traffics people for sex, gain or fun but she has not been tried yet. This is not an acceptable way for a civilised country to treat any person remanded in custody.

If it's OK to treat her like this, is it OK to treat any remanded prisoner the same?

It's a bit of a tricky one in that if she is guilty she deserves everything she gets both now and after conviction. But as yet she hasn't been convicted - so, if the description of her confinement are correct, it seems fairly inhumane to me. I suspect it isn't much different for many other people in the US though, many of whom have less support and monied friends to advocate on their behalf and to keep an eye on what is happening to them.

Sorry to disagree. The brother said "Ian Maxwell said she was being held under constant surveillance in a 6x9ft (1.8x2.7m) cell with no natural light." I also read elsewhere that lights were on 24 hours and she was sleeping on a board.

I hold no torch for her, her family or anyone who deceives or traffics people for sex, gain or fun but she has not been tried yet. This is not an acceptable way for a civilised country to treat any person remanded in custody.

If it's OK to treat her like this, is it OK to treat any remanded prisoner the same?
It’s not in a civilised country though is it?

That may well be as many other prisoners are treated though, it won't be unique for her.

Yeah, you're right. It's not an acceptable for any country to treat unguilty people like that. Is it?

No more acceptable than to invade territory, drive out half its occupants through murder and terror, then 19 years later invade more territory and drive out its occupants through murder, terror, economic sanctions, create an apartheid state and continue to steal land and drive out its inhabitants through murder and terror, ratcheting up the pressure every year. I'm talking about 'Israel', which I called a psychopathic state; psychopathic means "suffering from or constituting a chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour."

None of that is antisemitic, because antisemitic means "hostile to or prejudiced against Jewish people.", which it isn't; it's hostile to the actions of 'the state of israel'. I'm well aware that israel is continually trying to define any criticism of its activities as antisemitic and for the sake of peace and quiet I'll take it you were just trying to wind me up when you called my comments on another thread antisemitic.

I wouldn't be like Jeremy Corbyn for anything, btw :giggle:

Yeah, you're right. It's not an acceptable for any country to treat unguilty people like that. Is it?

No more acceptable than to invade territory, drive out half its occupants through murder and terror, then 19 years later invade more territory and drive out its occupants through murder, terror, economic sanctions, create an apartheid state and continue to steal land and drive out its inhabitants through murder and terror, ratcheting up the pressure every year. I'm talking about 'Israel', which I called a psychopathic state; psychopathic means "suffering from or constituting a chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour."

None of that is antisemitic, because antisemitic means "hostile to or prejudiced against Jewish people.", which it isn't; it's hostile to the actions of 'the state of israel'. I'm well aware that israel is continually trying to define any criticism of its activities as antisemitic and for the sake of peace and quiet I'll take it you were just trying to wind me up when you called my comments on another thread antisemitic.

I wouldn't be like Jeremy Corbyn for anything, btw :giggle:
Sorry, yes I was joking, I agree with you. However the climate is such that public criticism of Israel is difficult .

The US prison isn't hugely humane to anyone. I would imagine the lighting/cameras is their rather warped attempt at suicide watch given what 'apparently' happened to Epstein.
Perhaps she would have been treated better/maybe even given parole if she hadn't spent a period actively evading arrest - it hardly builds trust in her not fleeing the country if bailed.

Back
Top Bottom