International News Maxwell found guilty

As it is linked, Prince Andrew being asked to prove he didn't sweat and the Prince is claiming this is harassment. I'd suggest he shouldn't have raised it as a defence then!

Exactly what I thought when I saw this article.

Once he mentioned it, surely he made it fair game to ask for the evidence.

There was a programme on ITV1 about Ghislaine the other night. It included a still of her with her father holding the League Cup at Wembley in 1986 and another of them sitting in the directors box at the Manor.

I'm sure many of you will have your own memories of Robert Maxwell. Mine is the Portsmouth game in September 1982 when there was fighting in the London Road end.
We (my dad, brother and myself) had a good view of it from our vantage point on the Beech Road terracing and we couldn't believe my eyes when we saw the huge figure of Maxwell, wearing a white shirt (it was a warm and sunny day) standing in the 'moat' trying to get the hooligans to calm down.

Someone on this thread mentioned Ghislaine attending the AGM's. Did her father attend any? My mother can lay claim to having attended a (non-football) meeting where he was present. This was sometime after 1974 when having lost his Buckingham parliamentary seat, he was trying to stand in one of the Oxford constituencies. My mother, who was active in the Labour Party at the time, went along to the meeting as the representative of the Cherwell (or North Oxford?) branch and although she can't remember much of what Maxwell said, she says that he got a frosty reception from many of the delegates who were unhappy about the fact that he was in a dispute with the unions at Pergamon at the time. His failure to find an Oxford constituency to stand for may well have been a deciding factor in his decision to concentrate more on business. He would probably have lost in the 1979 general election anyway, but it's interesting to speculate whether he would have bailed out the football club in 1982 if he had still been a MP then.

Last edited:
There was a programme on ITV1 about Ghislaine the other night. It included a still of her with her father holding the League Cup (being a vegan, I refuse to call it the Milk Cup!) at Wembley in 1986 and another of them sitting in the directors box at the Manor.

I'm sure many of you will have your own memories of Robert Maxwell. Mine is the Portsmouth game in September 1982 when there was fighting in the London Road end.
We (my dad, brother and myself) had a good view of it from our vantage point on the Beech Road terracing and we couldn't believe my eyes when we saw the huge figure of Maxwell, wearing a white shirt (it was a warm and sunny day) standing in the 'moat' trying to get the hooligans to calm down.

Someone on this thread mentioned Ghislaine attending the AGM's. Did her father attend any? My mother can lay claim to having attended a (non-football) meeting where he was present. This was sometime after 1974 when having lost his Buckingham parliamentary seat, he was trying to stand in one of the Oxford constituencies. My mother, who was active in the Labour Party at the time, went along to the meeting as the representative of the Cherwell (or North Oxford?) branch and although she can't remember much of what Maxwell said, she says that he got a frosty reception from many of the delegates who were unhappy about the fact that he was in a dispute with the unions at Pergamon at the time. His failure to find an Oxford constituency to stand for may well have been a deciding factor in his decision to concentrate more on business. He would probably have lost in the 1979 general election anyway, but it's interesting to speculate whether he would have bailed out the football club in 1982 if he had still been a MP then.
You just did🤣🤣

It didn’t say what type of milk. Might have been rice milk (watch the arsenic).

Anyway looking into the background of this it seems ghislaine was abused as a child whilst being accustomed to high class parties at headington hill hall as a child that included royalty, film stars etc. When daddy disappeared she was left with a paltry (relatively speaking) £85k a year trust fund.

Having been used to pandering to rich daddy monster, pandering to rich boyfriend monster wasn’t a huge leap especially when she needed the money.

Whilst not for one second excusing what she did which she would have 100% known was wrong it does appear she is to a very limited extent a victim of her supposedly entitled and abusive upbringing.

There was a programme on ITV1 about Ghislaine the other night. It included a still of her with her father holding the League Cup (being a vegan, I refuse to call it the Milk Cup!) at Wembley in 1986 and another of them sitting in the directors box at the Manor.

Had to tell us in true preachy fashion, and then goes and does exactly what they say they "refuse to do". :ROFLMAO:

Just call it the League Cup then. 🤷‍♀️

Aside from that, nice anecdote.

Triggered 🤣

Absolutely.

Why does anyone need to know anyone else's food choices?

The same sort of preachy eco-warrior who moans about "global warming", yet consumes a diet that is imported from god knows, wrapped in plastic that is causing decimation to the environment in far off lands - but that doesn`t matter.

Bet they eat "smashed avocado" regularly without thinking of the impacts of deforestation and water issues they cause.

And don`t get me started on "nut milk".

Hypocrites.

#triggered

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely.

The same sort of preachy eco-warrior who moans about "global warming", yet consumes a diet that is imported from god knows, wrapped in plastic that is causing decimation to the environment in far off lands - but that doesn`t matter.

Bet they eat "smashed avocado" regularly without thinking of the impacts of deforestation and water issues they cause.

Hypocrites.

#triggered

1642763912824.png

Last edited:
Since my vegan comment appears to have upset a few people, I've edited my original post accordingly.

Yes, vegans sometimes eat food imported from other countries but we are all hypocrites in one way or another.

I've never been one to preach to others. I stopped being a fan of Vince Dale when Forest Green Rovers decided to cease issuing matchday programmes this season. That sort of action gives vegans a bad name, although to be fair, it might have been someone else at the club who made that decision, particularly as there are a few other EFL clubs (Reading, for example) who have also stopped doing programmes this season.

Last edited:
Since my vegan comment appears to have upset a few people, I've edited my original post accordingly.

Yes, vegans sometimes eat food imported from other countries but we are all hypocrites in one way or another.

I've never been one to preach to others. I stopped being a fan of Vince Dale when Forest Green Rovers decided to cease issuing matchday programmes this season. That sort of action gives vegans a bad name. To be fair though, it might have been someone else at the club who made that decision, particularly as there are a few other EFL clubs (Reading, for example) who have also stopped doing programmes this season.

Tbh, the programme is probably a commercial decision anyway.

Tbh, the programme is probably a commercial decision anyway.
Probably, as the internet has been a disaster for programme sales at all clubs. But the answer is to have lower print runs and to use paper from sustainable sources, rather than just giving up altogether. Would we want to see all newspapers and books disappear? That would be unacceptable in a democracy.

Absolutely.

Hypocrites.

#triggered

We know, we know - you slaughter and butcher your own meat, which is then kept in industrial size freezers powered by the windfarm you have in the garden and all looking out over your own naturally fertilised crops and home brewery. You're almost entirely self-sufficient, apart from the Turkish food and wine. How's the vineyard going? You also then keep emissions down by not attending games.

Back
Top Bottom