Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Good question. Anyone know what percentage of his wage we are picking up? If its 'all of it' then there will be no change of course.
We were certainly picking up a decent chunk of it. I would guess that Bristol City have agreed to extend his contract by a month with us picking up 100% for that final month (or 2).

It would only be an extra few grand, but absolutely peanuts if it gets us promoted.

We were certainly picking up a decent chunk of it. I would guess that Bristol City have agreed to extend his contract by a month with us picking up 100% for that final month (or 2).

It would only be an extra few grand, but absolutely peanuts if it gets us promoted.

Bristol will also be paying the equivalent of July's pay as a severance package. All players who leave at the end of a contract are paid this additional month based on the reading about this type of issue and assuming I've understood it correctly.

Last edited:
Bristol will pay also be paying the equivalent of July's pay as a severance package. All player's who leave at the end of a contract are paid this additional month based on the reading about this type of issue and assuming I've understood it correctly.
Correct.

Wasn’t he (Taylor) technically out of contract at the end of June, so could he be a free agent after this date? And hadn’t we previously engaged his services until the end of the season (30th June) anyway?

Wasn’t he (Taylor) technically out of contract at the end of June, so could he be a free agent after this date? And hadn’t we previously engaged his services until the end of the season (30th June) anyway?

The loan would have run to the last game of the play offs I believe and we've gone past that date.

He was out of contract on June 30 so couldn’t be retained beyond that as he had no parent club for the month of July. Bristol have essentially turned the July severance payment into an additional month’s wages with him remaining registered, rather than being released, thus allowing the loan to continue until the end of July.

Mattt Taylor was always out of contract this summer. The situation remains as it did in January - everyone is open to a deal but it will depend on what happens in the next 3 games.

Mattt Taylor was always out of contract this summer. The situation remains as it did in January - everyone is open to a deal but it will depend on what happens in the next 3 games.
Well let’s hope after those 3 games we will be in pastures new.........but for how long is anyone’s guess.

Back
Top Bottom