Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

We really have to sign Taylor permanently. I’m sure he wants to come, and Oxford want to sign him. Hopefully Bristol C can let us sign him...wonder what fee

I dare say he would be delighted to sign for us ceteris paribus but I have a feeling that money will talk louder than being one of our own or even the Birdian blandishments.

I dare say he would be delighted to sign for us ceteris paribus but I have a feeling that money will talk louder than being one of our own or even the Birdian blandishments.
Not sure about the idea that money is all important. He could probably earn more by sitting on the bench for Barnsley and living in a Travel Lodge, but would he automatically choose that if it was the highest offer?

Not sure about the idea that money is all important. He could probably earn more by sitting on the bench for Barnsley and living in a Travel Lodge, but would he automatically choose that if it was the highest offer?

So if we can match Barnsley's offer (minus three nights a week in a Travelodge at say £60pn) we could have a chance of signing him.

Every Championship club would be able to offer him a (much) better financial package. If no Championship club makes an offer, then I'm certain he'll be at Oxford next season - if Oxford do win promotion, I'd expect him to remain!

Depends by how much higher. £15k a week compared to our £3k (for example), then, probably, yes...

The guy is facing perhaps his last big money wage before retirement.
He would be foolish in the extreme if he was to not to try and get the maximum he can from this last transfer.
Once you are gone you are gone in football, let’s just enjoy seeing him play for us for the rest of the season and see where that takes us.
I suspect that there will be a long queue of admirers hoping to tempt him to play with them as well as ryanobirdio!?

if we don't have to pay a fee why wouldn't we be able to match his wage demands?
Because the club works to a budget, and many of the top earners have linked pay which means that they are entitled to match the wages of other top earners. An extra £5k a week may not sound a lot, but if that has to be matched to 3 or 4 other contracts then you put £1m on the wage budget immediately. Every deal we then do, and we will be bringing in more than just a striker, will want a bigger bite of the cherry and we end up doing a Bury!!

Because the club works to a budget, and many of the top earners have linked pay which means that they are entitled to match the wages of other top earners. An extra £5k a week may not sound a lot, but if that has to be matched to 3 or 4 other contracts then you put £1m on the wage budget immediately. Every deal we then do, and we will be bringing in more than just a striker, will want a bigger bite of the cherry and we end up doing a Bury!!
Hi Scotchers. Surely itll just be a case of inking the deal he was bursting to sign in January though right? Negotiations done, house bought, crack on.

Sorry if this has been gone over a million times, but who was our manager when Taylor was let go the first time?

Hi Scotchers. Surely itll just be a case of inking the deal he was bursting to sign in January though right? Negotiations done, house bought, crack on.

No one said that anyone was busting to sign in January. A deal was put together as part of the loan arrangement but all parties agreed to wait until the end of his contract. Only a few weeks ago we had people saying that we shouldn't sign Taylor as he was struggling to play every game, and his form wasn't great. He is now hitting a purple patch and his stock is rising, and others will take notice. But that has no bearing on the deal put together previously, or the decision not to do a deal in January. The situation is fluid, and as long as he performs on the pitch then we are still gaining from this.

As for him buying a house etc, that was already done in the summer and he's well and truly settled in now.

We really have to sign Taylor permanently. I’m sure he wants to come, and Oxford want to sign him. Hopefully Bristol C can let us sign him...wonder what fee
He’s out of contact this summer so no fee, which means we can use that to give him a better salary package then if we had paid a fee

Back
Top Bottom