Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Based on what?

That we hadn’t had clear communication on it.

A couple of weeks ago when we lost against Blackpool, but battered them with KR saying it was imperative that we get a striker in (Taylor), then we get one, but a game and a quarter later he gets injured. Tuesday we hear the first scan was inconclusive but could be out for 4-8 weeks, then basically nothing! Also, Karl seemed vague (for obvious reasons) during the post match interview, but also made comment that we can survive without him, but wasn’t the case against Blackpool just 10 days earlier.

So the latest communication mixed in with the Coventry match is, a few weeks as not as bad as we first feared. So how many is a few?

Last edited:
That we hadn’t had clear communication on it.

A couple of weeks ago when we lost against Blackpool, but battered them with KR saying it was imperative that we get a striker in (Taylor), then we get one, but a game and a quarter later he gets injured. Tuesday we hear the first scan was inconclusive but could be out for 4-8 weeks, then basically nothing! Also, Karl seemed vague (for obvious reasons) during the post match interview, but also made comment that we can survive without him, but wasn’t the case against Blackpool just 10 days earlier.

So the latest communication mixed in with the Coventry match is, a few weeks as not as bad as we first feared. So how many is a few?

I would say its fairly common knowledge that a few = 3 but as they cannot be so accurate in this case as to say 3 weeks, a few would imply its approximately 3 weeks. If it was 4 weeks you could say a month instead which is another example, or indeed in your own post you say "a couple of weeks ago" which i would assume to be 2 weeks.

I would say its fairly common knowledge that a few = 3 but as they cannot be so accurate in this case as to say 3 weeks, a few would imply its approximately 3 weeks. If it was 4 weeks you could say a month instead which is another example, or indeed in your own post you say "a couple of weeks ago" which i would assume to be 2 weeks.

Yes, a couple is two weeks, so as KR initially thought that it could be 4-8 weeks and it’s now not as bad as first feared, then hopefully a few means less than 4, but more than 2!! So if it’s greater than 4 then you could argue that it was longer than initially feared. If this turns out to be the case then my initial comment could be deemed correct.

Having said that, let’s all hope that my comment/concern is wrong and that Taylor is back playing in less than 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Get the feeling this injury is worse than expected.

It was originally stated that Taylor was expected to be out for between 4-8 weeks. It's now likely that he'll be out for between 2 and 4 weeks so no where near as bad as first expected, let alone worse.

It was originally stated that Taylor was expected to be out for between 4-8 weeks. It's now likely that he'll be out for between 2 and 4 weeks so no where near as bad as first expected, let alone worse.

Let’s hope that’s the case.

Just odd the club haven’t mentioned it with it’s own thread.

Back
Top Bottom