Marketing the club

Concretebob

What has happened in the last year?

In the promotion season, every single game was bigged up, emails were sent out, social media was exploited.

Now, especially this season - nothing. Not a sausage. Not one measly email. Facebook and Twitter pretty quiet. It's totally half arsed.

Oxfordshire is a one club county. Let's exploit that and beyond the county borders.

I decided not to renew my ST this season as some of the lads I go with don’t go anymore. Instead I’ve chosen which games interest me (though this is becoming less with each performance I witness)...

Anyway the crazy thing is that not once this season have I received an email as an ex ST holder promoting any match, buying a ticket to a game, half ST or anything else for that matter. There must be at least a few hundred who are in my position. Eales and Co have completely checked out.

Don’t buy into this. If Ashton is so great why did he walk out on us at the first opportunity? Maybe because Kassam wouldn’t let him have the corners of the ground?

Looks like you have checked out as well. You dont seem like a loyal fan to me. Bail out at the first opportunity. What do your mates do now on a Saturday? Go shopping?

Don’t buy into this. If Ashton is so great why did he walk out on us at the first opportunity? Maybe because Kassam wouldn’t let him have the corners of the ground?
U really think he walked ?

I decided not to renew my ST this season as some of the lads I go with don’t go anymore. Instead I’ve chosen which games interest me (though this is becoming less with each performance I witness)...

Anyway the crazy thing is that not once this season have I received an email as an ex ST holder promoting any match, buying a ticket to a game, half ST or anything else for that matter. There must be at least a few hundred who are in my position. Eales and Co have completely checked out.
Exactly the same here. Due to work commitments and having a young family I haven't had a season ticket since 2015. I used to constantly get hassled (in a good way) into buying a season ticket (phone calls, emails etc) which was good to see the club getting the marketing in order back then, but last summer? Not a thing.

I still get to around 15 home games a season. But at £22 a pop I can see why the casual fan would steer clear.

Perhaps making sure the City Centre club shop is staffed and open (when the covered market is open) would be a start?

Now the club are (finally) in the city centre in a selling capacity. Why's they next need to do is get a visabke presence on the streets in the way of a person walking around with a sandwich board type style of advertising to sell tickets for out next home game. Easily done and won't cost much.

Christ, you really are in the twenty first century!! That sort of advertising went out with Jimmy Dingle in the 1950s. If you want a season ticket you will buy one, no persuasion necessary. Season tickets are peanuts to buy. Just loose change. Too many excuses going on. I wouldnt bother walking across the pitch to pick up the half time draw winnings, if I was so lucky. Give it to charity.

Arrogant s**t, some of us can only just afford to gas up the Bentley. Change down the back of the sofa for you, I’ve had to sack half of my staff, shame really, the scullery maid gave a wicked bj.

opportunity to ask some of the questions and raise some of the issues regarding (lack of) marketing OUFC, along with raising other issues, with both the Chairman and new MD attending the Oxvox members meeting as guest speakers,(if youre not a current member of Oxvox, join on the night) , Jan 10th at The Masons arms , Quarry, Headington

opportunity to ask some of the questions and raise some of the issues regarding (lack of) marketing OUFC, along with raising other issues, with both the Chairman and new MD attending the Oxvox members meeting as guest speakers,(if youre not a current member of Oxvox, join on the night) , Jan 10th at The Masons arms , Quarry, Headington
thread with Oxvox members meeting and agenda for ^ meeting here ..... https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/...headington-quarry-10th-january.182/#post-4831

March 1st court place farm 7pm fans forum....there may be some answers or at least responses to the above questions( and others)

Back
Top Bottom