Ex Player Mark Sykes

Nice player skilful player but not strong enough .It's a big summer for him got to come back stronger and start scoring the position he plays you've got to get 6+ goals a year.

Mark should ask what Sam Long did last summer! Sam turned up for this season, looking like he had put on half a stone of muscle! If Sykes wasn’t so lightweight, he would be one hell of a player! I really rate him, but he does lack the physicality that will take him to the next level.

Mark should ask what Sam Long did last summer! Sam turned up for this season, looking like he had put on half a stone of muscle! If Sykes wasn’t so lightweight, he would be one hell of a player! I really rate him, but he does lack the physicality that will take him to the next level.
Not only that but Sam Long seemed to improve tye whole attacking part of his game. Its the top third where Sykes really needs to Improve to be a very good player.
He really should be scoring 6 to 10 a season.

I think that’s Sykes biggest problem for sure. Some very pretty play on the ball, good endeavour & workrate & puts himself about for a man of his size. But in 2000 mins of football he has 0 goals & 2 assists. Compare that to the 2 players closest in terms of minutes - Shodipo (G = 11, Ass = 2) & Forde (G = 1, Ass = 5) and he falls short. But then those guys play slightly different positions I guess & Forde takes set pieces, so comparing him with someone more similar with what some people seem to think is an underperforming Henry (G = 7, Ass = 8 in 3000 mins).

I like watching Sykes play, he’s a good technical player, but if I was the manager looking at stats I’d be thinking he can’t be my first choice midfielder with that output. Needs to improve his end product massively.

That's all I've been saying for a while to be a player at the next level he's got to put muscle on and score goals. In KR I trust and the other coaches but my only worry is they put the work in with him but he's only got another year left. I can see him doing better and then running his contract down and going for nothing. But there's alot of IFS and buts in our league if the buy out doesn't happen we are where we are today. If it does he probably won't be in the team. Let's hope we are up there again and not Swindon looking in the basement 😊😊😊

Nice player skilful player but not strong enough .It's a big summer for him got to come back stronger and start scoring the position he plays you've got to get 6+ goals a year.
Midfield goals in general has been an issue all season 3 goals between Brannagan 1 Gorrin 1 McGaune 0 Sykes 0 Kelly 0 Hanson 0 Forde 1 (Henry always gets us goals no matter where he plays but even his numbers haven’t hit double figures this year being 7) luckily our defence has bagged a lot this season close to 20 which has been a excellent but that’s an area where we expect to score McGuane Brannagan Sykes need to provide that next season as all 3 should have the capability to score more than they do imo

Yes it's got to change in midfield because I can't see us scoring that many from defense next year. Mind you I can see Atkinson getting a few more with those quick feet and decent heading .

At the end of the day goals aren’t everything when it comes to a midfield player, if Sykes keeps on playing well, closing people down, nicking the ball and driving forwards he will keep his place in the team - yes it would be nice if he could finish the odd chance!

I don't think the body needs to improve as much as the head. Needs to make better decisions, as much as fans love a player that runs around a lot - he needs to learn to focus it more, and also think he needs to stop worrying about where other players should pass the ball - I don't think Brannagan needs pointing where to play the ball every time, again focus.

Midfield goals in general has been an issue all season 3 goals between Brannagan 1 Gorrin 1 McGaune 0 Sykes 0 Kelly 0 Hanson 0 Forde 1 (Henry always gets us goals no matter where he plays but even his numbers haven’t hit double figures this year being 7) luckily our defence has bagged a lot this season close to 20 which has been a excellent but that’s an area where we expect to score McGuane Brannagan Sykes need to provide that next season as all 3 should have the capability to score more than they do imo
I think the lack of one of these has been a fundamental problem..

Ipswich linked with Sykes according to the Sun on Sunday (via Alan Nixon).

No idea how much he's worth. One year left on contract (?). £300k plus sell on?

Would be the most galling 'ex player comes back and scores against us' of all, given his Werner-esque inability to do so for us.

..unless he put in a sneaky og

Doubt whether Robbo would let him go unless it’s silly money. Plus dipswich are after 3 of the released Sunderland players

Doubt whether Robbo would let him go unless it’s silly money. Plus dipswich are after 3 of the released Sunderland players

He probably would if Robbo gets the money to spend on bringing in a replacement.

Yes as I said silly money
Define silly money Baz

No club after a player will start their offer at the high end/near the true valuation

it's fine to think we can continue to let players go but would cost us more Long Term to upgrade as that's what we'd have to do, no point selling to replace with similar.

The same Clare that Robbo kept playing at RB? I would be surprised if he is still here at the start of the season.
thats the fella .... if Sykes is flogged off , Clare may still be here

Back
Top Bottom