Ex Player Mark Sykes

I would not be upset if we sell him , it just makes it more exciting who we are going to buy. He's not the finishes article . Listen he might go to Ipswich and be fantastic but that's football I would definitely take a risk.

Losing Sykes for 300k+ would be good business. When everybody is fit where does he fit in to this side? He would not be a starter. Could use that to get in a powerful midfielder who can bring goals.

Losing Sykes for 300k+ would be good business. When everybody is fit where does he fit in to this side? He would not be a starter. Could use that to get in a powerful midfielder who can bring goals.
Or sign Lee, who’s a slightly better option. We’re well off for skilful attacking midfielders, though he has excellent skill and work rate and I like him.

Or sign Lee, who’s a slightly better option. We’re well off for skilful attacking midfielders, though he has excellent skill and work rate and I like him.
Lee is a far better goalscorer but Sykes has a lot more energy and is very good when we are closing teams down.
Sykes needs to add end product to his game to be a very good player

Well he seem to be preferred in the last few matches so he must be thought very highly of by the Management team.

Well he seem to be preferred in the last few matches so he must be thought very highly of by the Management team.
Point is when McGuane and Brannagan are fit and with Robinson wanting to bring another midfielder in his position, he’ll be on the bench. Don’t get me wrong he’s a cracking player just lacks goals and assists and he’ll leave on a free next year anyway.

Sykes for me is a better player than Lee and has she on his side and will further develop.

Personally I’d like to see him stay and kick on by adding goals and assists to his game.
Definitely better technically but Lee can do the one thing that Sykes can’t and that’s score.

If there's another club willing to offer money for any of our backup players, we have to listen. I don't know what the fee would be, but if there's a club interested in buying Sykes for say, £200,000 then we'd have to take that offer seriously, especially if he's out of contract next summer.

On his day he's a good player, but can you tell me that he'd be starting games ahead of Henry, Cam, Gorrin and McGuane when they're all fit? Especially if Karl's given the chance to reinvest that money, it's an option the club probably should take up.

If there's another club willing to offer money for any of our backup players, we have to listen. I don't know what the fee would be, but if there's a club interested in buying Sykes for say, £200,000 then we'd have to take that offer seriously, especially if he's out of contract next summer.

On his day he's a good player, but can you tell me that he'd be starting games ahead of Henry, Cam, Gorrin and McGuane when they're all fit? Especially if Karl's given the chance to reinvest that money, it's an option the club probably should take up.
250k and a sell on for a backup player with a year left, and it's pretty much win-win.

Can’t believe anyone would spend much on Sykes , has some talent but zero end product when we went through against Blackpool in the 2nd half who actually thought he would score ?

We've spoke about having a decent first 11, but not enough strength in depth. For me, we should be looking at getting better for the first team with Sykes as a real player to bring off the bench and fight to get a start.

If we can get £300,000 for Sykes add my name to the list of those willing to drive him to Suffolk.

some halfwits on this site

@Nadi- Please stop using capitals or bold in every post you make
Malc

Last edited:
Michael Appleton will not be Lincoln manager next season. Mark Sykes will be here next season.

If someone told you we were about to bid £300,000 fo an attacking midfielder without a single goal all season people would say Robinson has lost the plot.

We've spoke about having a decent first 11, but not enough strength in depth. For me, we should be looking at getting better for the first team with Sykes as a real player to bring off the bench and fight to get a start.
Agreed, he's a talented player.

However, as I've said many, many times before, he really needs to bulk up, he's way too skinny and flimsy, and simply isn't strong enough to compete physically at this level, he gets outmuscled and knocked off the ball ridiculously easily, but if he can get himself in the gym and bulk up, and add a bit of strength and physicality to his game, then he'd be an excellent player to have in the squad.

Look at Long and Ruffels, they have both bulked up in recent seasons, turned themselves into athletic units, in order to compete physically at this level, and as a result, have taken their games to the next level.

If he's also gonna take his game to the next level, Sykes needs to do the same...

Back
Top Bottom