Ex Player Mark Sykes

As with others, thought he was our best player on the night by some way. However, both of his biggest weaknesses (IMO) cost us two goals: silly foul for their 1st, lack of end product for his one on one. I really like the lad, but needs a big season next year.

He never cost us the first goal though, the free kick was near the half way line and there's still a lot for opponents to do before a goal is scored, defended properly they would not have had a simple tap in

anyone able to get a clip of Sykes turn towards the end of the game last night.

Thought he showed a lot of passion and commitment in both games of the playoffs, but his composure in front of goal needs major improvement. Just like his attitude has changed since being in the first team more regular.

Thought he showed a lot of passion and commitment in both games of the playoffs, but his composure in front of goal needs major improvement. Just like his attitude has changed since being in the first team more regular.

Get the Sports Psychologist working with him in pre-season.

He’s a great player, but hasn’t been on top of his game this season. I for one would keep him.

Sykes has the ability but doesn’t have the end product he needs to work on that big time next season with goals & assists, he’s been here 2 & half years now I think we should of seen a lot more from him by now imo

He started 23 games and came on as substitute in 11.
Plenty of games I would have thought?
Can’t disagree with that, but would say most of those starts are since January.

Sykes has the ability but doesn’t have the end product he needs to work on that big time next season with goals & assists, he’s been here 2 & half years now I think we should of seen a lot more from him by now imo
Agree with most of that, without doubt if his end product was better, we’d have something special.
But then again January’s offer would have been a lot higher and not turned down.

I think with Sykes you have to take into consideration it’s his first season in English league football, he’s a young player, far better now then when he joined us and he is still improving. I agree on the goals thing but I’m sure next season there will be a better return.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I think with Sykes you have to take into consideration it’s his first season in English league football, he’s a young player, far better now then when he joined us and he is still improving. I agree on the goals thing but I’m sure next season there will be a better return.

Second full season. 2½ in total.

I agree he can still add to his game, but at the moment he's just a willing runner who is capable of fancy skill at times.

• React
Reactions: ljs
If gee we had been a bit stronger I don’t think he would have lost that ball to easily a cracking piece of skill and still had 3 pool players after him

Second full season. 2½ in total.

I agree he can still add to his game, but at the moment he's just a willing runner who is capable of fancy skill at times.
Ah yes apologies you’re right. What’s he been offered, a one year deal? If so I’d say that’s about right. Make or break time.

Back
Top Bottom