Ex Player Mark Sykes

if he's not warming the naughty step tonight (dropped) I think Skyes will score a (rare) goal at Burton later

What would you like to know?

I know of you having dealt with you, years back re flags.

You’re an intelligent chap.

You don’t come across as the kind of person who needs it spelling out to one.

However, if you prefer, the message function is open on here.
"Needs to watch his social environments…

Ox have a close unit for a reason.

Lessons to be learnt."

Social environments? Out on the P**s... or with the wrong lady... could be anything or nothing.

It really could mean anything, which is why no one has a clue what you mean. It really is better to come out with what you really are trying to say, or say absolutely nothing at all. Or else any kind of speculation could be started

Sykes has started 67 games since he joined and 26 sun appearances. He has always played in the attacking midfield 3 and scored a massive total of 3 goals in that time.

Robinson’s man management is pretty spot on. If it was then players wouldn’t keep wanting to come back and play for him would they?

Yet again, I’m not sure why Robinson being a scouser has anything to do with it?

Do you agree with the public hammering’s offered out to certain players as merited?

Seems Robinson has a problem with certain players and will happily slam them in the press yet the senior pro’s will conveniently slip away from his notice.

As for the red Scouser reference. It’s all about blame for anybody else. Otherwise known as victim mentality.

Sykes has started 67 games since he joined and 26 sun appearances. He has always played in the attacking midfield 3 and scored a massive total of 3 goals in that time.

Robinson’s man management is pretty spot on. If it was then players wouldn’t keep wanting to come back and play for him would they?

Yet again, I’m not sure why Robinson being a scouser has anything to do with it?
Sykes has had lots of chances. He has played a lot of games. There does seem to be a player in there but as others have said, his final ball and scoring stats are pretty woeful.
I am really not sure how KR can be blamed for Sykes performances? It seems to me that the management have done everything to try and fit Sykes in.

Do you agree with the public hammering’s offered out to certain players as merited?

Seems Robinson has a problem with certain players and will happily slam them in the press yet the senior pro’s will conveniently slip away from his notice.

As for the red Scouser reference. It’s all about blame for anybody else. Otherwise known as victim mentality.
If it helps a player focus and it gets the best out of a player then yes I do.
Robinson brought in a psychologist for the players to use and on both examples of Agyie and Sykes, both players worked hard and got back in the side. So it is a flimsy example of players being picked on and can’t do anything right because if that was the case they wouldn’t be back in the team.

Ever lived in or near Liverpool? If you had then you would find that scousers are actually quite a fun, down to earth bunch of people. Obviously there are the few that let scousers down but that can be said for any group of people in any country.

Sykes proved his worth to the team in the run in last season. He was our best player. I’d start him (in front of McGuane) in a midfield with Brannigan and Gorrin. (This assumes Gorrin is 100% fit.) Henry doesn’t have the legs to be a starter any more. Good sub though.

Feel that the restriction to 3 subs this season doesn’t suit us ;
we can’t showcase our strength in depth as well.
How are you measuring that? I respectfully disagree. Fun to watch but not a postman who delivers in my opinion

Yet another chance for Sykes this evening.
Let's hope he really does the business

"Needs to watch his social environments…

Ox have a close unit for a reason.

Lessons to be learnt."

Social environments? Out on the P**s... or with the wrong lady... could be anything or nothing.

It really could mean anything, which is why no one has a clue what you mean. It really is better to come out with what you really are trying to say, or say absolutely nothing at all. Or else any kind of speculation could be started
Is mild mannered Billy Bodin actually an oo-aarr gangster??

From the January in the league;

Elliott Lee scored 6 and assisted 3
Brandon Barker scored 3 and assisted 4
James Henry scored 4 and assisted 7
Mido Shodipo scored 7 and assisted 2
Dan Agyei scored 3 and assisted 2

Mark Sykes scored 0 and assisted 2.

So he may well have been busy and gave everything, but Sykes was the least effective of our attacking midfielders/wingers by some considerable distance. And that's the key thing. We need players who can make an impact at either end of the pitch.

Stats will only show so much and without opening up the other debate, I think Agyei was significantly better than his stats suggest, 2 of his goals gave us late wins against Swindon and Shrewsbury and one of his late assists gave us a point against MK Dons (I think?). But I'd struggle to give an example of Sykes making a real positive difference in these games and find it easier to remember the sending off and misses when through on goal.

That's not to say that he's a bad player, or that he can't still have a big role this season. But he really does need to convert energy and hardwork into real end product.
Did you watch the playoff game here? Our best player by a distance.

‘ Plus he does a lot of work that the average supporter doesn’t see’. 😉

A big impact on the game last night then...great stuff, more of the same on Saturday please.

Really pleased for him.
Got back in the side last season mid February, and the only stat that really counts. Is that he played his part in a side getting results, that led to the play offs.
And has come back this season as he ended last.

Back
Top Bottom