Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Was not a criticism. Maybe I should have said in your view. The point I was trying to make and my vitriol towards owners is based around their crying over lost funds through not playing a few home games and begging from the taxpayer to fund exorbitant wages that they stupidly pay. Then we start talking about the same situation continuing as if nothing happened. Yes clubs have bought success but have they learnt nothing.

I think his crossing could have been better tonight, but a very good performance nonetheless.

Hope he pushes on next season, could be a big player for us.

Deserves his own thread,

gave absolutely everything tonight. Outstanding performance, he can hold his head high. Think we should start worrying about losing him if anyone else. Well done Mark, glad you got your wembley moment.

Yeah Sykes leaving would be a real blow. I was thinking about the players likely to leave and it isn't looking good. Without Brannagan, Dickie, Browne and Sykes our team will look a shadow of its for self. Do you think it's time for a new goalie?

I'd swap them then they are affecting your judgement. No way in hell were players not trying. Came up short due to bad uck/lack of quality/pressure? Yes absolutely. Anyone who has played competitive sport at any level could see they gave it everything they had tho.

Sky were really rude about him but each cross was pretty much spot on but for some out of the skin defending from Wycombe.

Spot on when he passed the ball into the keepers arms when clean through on the right in the second half with Taylor lurking?

Sykes was ok but hardly a 9 or even 8 out 10 performance. 7/10, well done, shame too many others were 4-5/10 or in the case of Eastwood 0/10.

Sykes won’t be going anywhere this summer. He’s got great potential but is probably where Dickie and Brannagan were 18 months ago. If he keeps progressing I think next summer will be when we’d have to seriously worry about losing him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom