Mark Sykes

Welcome to the club. Don’t allow the pressure you will be put under to hit the ground running by some to effect your natural ability. Our current problems will not be solved by you alone. You have a great future ahead of you and I wish you well.

I look forward to seeing him play. He is described as a goal scoring midfielder - does anyone know any more than that? More attacking than defensive midfielder I presume and I presume central rather than wide? So competition for Brannigan?

I look forward to seeing him play. He is described as a goal scoring midfielder - does anyone know any more than that? More attacking than defensive midfielder I presume and I presume central rather than wide? So competition for Brannigan?

If we are still playing 4-3-3 then I expect he’s more in Henry/Brannagan position we need some fresh legs in that department with Carruthers & Baptiste being out the past few months there’s been no other options with Ruffels playing LB

If we are still playing 4-3-3 then I expect he’s more in Henry/Brannagan position we need some fresh legs in that department with Carruthers & Baptiste being out the past few months there’s been no other options with Ruffels playing LB

Lopes from the youth set up. Also Crooks and Heap would give us some really good drive and fresh legs..

Lopes from the youth set up. Also Crooks and Heap would give us some really good drive and fresh legs..

I wouldn't start blooding the youth lads when we are in a relegation battle. Lets wait until we are safe before we start throwing too many in.

Also am I the only one who noticed on the OW story that the club say two players have agreed contracts? Is that a typo or are we to expect another signing in the next day or 2?

I wouldn't start blooding the youth lads when we are in a relegation battle. Lets wait until we are safe before we start throwing too many in.

Also am I the only one who noticed on the OW story that the club say two players have agreed contracts? Is that a typo or are we to expect another signing in the next day or 2?

Get and agree however, I’ve watched a lot of players over the years old and young and several members of that youth team plus Bradbury are more than ready for the first team squad and minutes off the bench. Bradbury for example is 20. He would put himself about and work his a**e off, just like Slav would do. I’d even be inclined to put James as an option out wide of the front 3. Another youngster who is playing with great confidence and certainly has very good ability.

KR's going to use him to give Mousinho competition.

Get and agree however, I’ve watched a lot of players over the years old and young and several members of that youth team plus Bradbury are more than ready for the first team squad and minutes off the bench. Bradbury for example is 20. He would put himself about and work his a**e off, just like Slav would do. I’d even be inclined to put James as an option out wide of the front 3. Another youngster who is playing with great confidence and certainly has very good ability.
I must admit that against Rovers Slab looked out of his depth. I agree with Denis that the last thing we want to be doing now is to be playing young players in League games.
Play them.in the U23s and the Checkatrade and if they stand out in those games then maybe.

As we have no alternative it’s strange that one of the youngsters can’t get on the bench, a big target man like Bradbury has to be better than nothing, certainly better than Mackie plodding through the whole 90 on his own up top when it’s been obvious since 20 minutes in he is getting no joy.

It’s not an ideal situation but I doubt anyone expects miracles from the youngsters, plus it must be a bit demoralising if you can’t get considered up front for a team whose centre forwards have managed 3(?) league goals all season.

I must admit that against Rovers Slab looked out of his depth. I agree with Denis that the last thing we want to be doing now is to be playing young players in League games.
Play them.in the U23s and the Checkatrade and if they stand out in those games then maybe.

Slav should have been used up top with Mackie (or ahead of him) rather than in the 10 role.

Exactly that ^ if anyone has watched him will know he’s a striker who likes to run off the last man often on the shoulder of the cb. He’s also a player who’ll commit defenders on and off the ball and one who’ll certainly put himself about. Also for his size, he’s already better than Mackie in the air..

Slav scores the first here after great work by Crooks and sets up James for the second. https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/december/youth-team-bournemouth2/

With our luck (or is that Robbo's?) young Sykes will fall off the bus at Brentford and be out for the season. Jordan Graham will be so shocked he'll suffer a minor cardiac episode and have to retire. The rest of the team will, of course, still be sleeping off the effects of a vigorous pre-bus trip jogging session and notice nothing.

Back
Top Bottom