Mark Sykes

Sounds like he could be our missing guy in the centre if what is said about him is true. We desperately need creativity against physical sides

If we do sign him, I hope we don't lump expectation on him because of how Gavin Whyte has gone so far.

Can't help thinking Glenavon are trying to pull a fast one here. They have announced it before the player and agent have agreed terms. It's an invite to other interested clubs to better our offer. If he is as good as has been said let's hope Gavin can persuade him to sign for us.

Without being patronising, I'd imagine that even a few grand is a lot of money for Glenavon, so you can't blame them if they are touting for more interest.

I make this the 5th player Tiger has paid a fee for. Not bad for a club with no money.

Also good to see players are still joining us even though they will get paid late, if at all.

Not quite sure on your point.

This makes the refusal to answer Oxvox questions and two run-ins with HMRC absolutely ok?

You’re also assuming that we’ve not agreed to flog off some big player assets like Eastwood, Brannagan and Nelson to subsidize this.

Me too. I think the beer & twiglets are beginning to interact weirdly with my day nurse though so I think I should stop posting now.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Robinson has said publicly that this a a player for the future, so we cannot expect miracles from such a young player. We are desperate for a striker and looking at today’s stats the amount of shots should have returned at least one goal if not more.

Got this from Northern Irish league fan:
“I’ve always said better than Whyte. Not as quick but better control, movement etc. In our league not one person could man mark him. His thinking is way ahead of everyone else”

He’ll be wasting his time with our lot then..

And in Oxford before the management are back from Plymouth!

Let’s hope he doesn’t do a runner instead of signing!

Not been announced yet then or have I missed it

Signings are often held back in terms of announcement so that the OM can have it in the morning paper and RadOx can have it on the breakfast bulletin, meaning no one gets any sort of ‘jump’ on anyone else. Not always, but sometimes. Incredibly draconian way of doing things but I had to do it multiple times when announcing signings at the club.

Alternatively, he just hasn’t completed the deal yet.

Sounds like a good signing. Let's just hope too much pressure isn't heaped on him to be a game changer straight away.

Now for a striker, a left back, a powerful centre midfielder, and a centre back (if Nelson goes).

Back
Top Bottom