Mark Sykes

Seems premature for Glenavon to announce anything before terms are agreed - also interesting that they put that it was better than Vale's offer.

It's either a bit of PR naïvety or they're hoping Vale will up their offer. Either way, I'm sure KR won't be happy this one has been brought into the public domain before it's been done.

If he is a pacey, hardworking athlete like his compatriot Whyte then I will welcome him with open arms, we need those qualities alongside hunger for the relegation battle.

Hopefully this goes ahead and it’s a sign that we are going to be doing a good amount of business this January, it’s definitely needed but with players in and out already there are at least some promising signs.

Whyte has been an excellent signing. I am sure that the plan was to gradually introduce him.into league football but injuries and his form have meant that he has played most games.
Sykes will be a risk like Whyte was and if he turns out to be anywhere near as good he could be another gem.

Whyte has been an excellent signing. I am sure that the plan was to gradually introduce him.into league football but injuries and his form have meant that he has played most games.
Sykes will be a risk like Whyte was and if he turns out to be anywhere near as good he could be another gem.
Agreed.....I hope that if he does sign that the weight of expectation won't be unrealistic given how well Whyte has developed.

Actually a centre midfielder not a winger/10 as i was initially told 4 goals 4 assists this season. Looks very similar to Brannagan in the way he moves the ball and likes to drive forward. Hopefully Brannagan will be able to help him develop into a quality league 1 centre mid

Just have to hope that Glenavon going public on the fee agreement doesn't bring another club in to the mix with their own offer.

We were linked with him back at the start of November. But then it seemed Vale had got him.

I suppose regular play in league 1 is better than league 2?

Also read today that Newcastle are interested in Roofe ? Would he move to a struggling side or stick with the job he’s doing well at Leeds , and could well be in EPL next year.

One little word of caution on this and the way Glenavon are handling it. We’ve already gazumped Port Vale with a ‘last minute’ bid which I can’t imagine has done much for our future relationship with them. Alls fair in love and war and all that I guess.. But now Glenavon have announced that we’ve agreed a deal a bit prematurely, ‘subject to us agreeing personal terms etc. Could it be that they’re dangling him out there to see if they can get anymore ‘last minute’ takers?

Not a fantastic way to be dealing with the whole situation in my view, maybe they’re just being a bit more candid about the normal process of selling a prize asset than most?

One little word of caution on this and the way Glenavon are handling it. We’ve already gazumped Port Vale with a ‘last minute’ bid which I can’t imagine has done much for our future relationship with them. Alls fair in love and war and all that I guess.. But now Glenavon have announced that we’ve agreed a deal a bit prematurely, ‘subject to us agreeing personal terms etc. Could it be that they’re dangling him out there to see if they can get anymore ‘last minute’ takers?

Not a fantastic way to be dealing with the whole situation in my view, maybe they’re just being a bit more candid about the normal process of selling a prize asset than most?

Is he that good that clubs are lining up to sign him?

We were linked with him back at the start of November. But then it seemed Vale had got him.

I suppose regular play in league 1 is better than league 2?

Also read today that Newcastle are interested in Roofe ? Would he move to a struggling side or stick with the job he’s doing well at Leeds , and could well be in EPL next year.
A move to Newcastle would be very lucrative for Roofe financially, but they do look in danger of returning to the championship. Leeds fans have been calling for his contract to be extended and for him to be made the best paid player. Not a bad move for him to drop down to the then League 2 Oxford, to progress his career.

Sounds like he could be our missing guy in the centre if what is said about him is true. We desperately need creativity against physical sides

Back
Top Bottom