Ex Player Mark Sykes goes to Bristol City.

MJB

Was watching him closely today and the bloke was putting about 50% effort in.

I can only assume he’s been signed up by another club in January, which would also explain why he hasn’t scored since the first week of the year.

Here he is, as usual, at the final whistle not bothering to join the players and staff in clapping the sell-out home crowd who pay for his wages.

049997b9a2842be92208e17580a4fc3a.jpg

We need better than flitty, players like him who play well for 15 games in front of the scouts and then go missing.

Bin him off now, play someone who wants to be here, and start rebuilding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was watching him closely today and the bloke was putting about 50% effort in.

I can only assume he’s been signed up by another club in January, which would also explain why he hasn’t scored since the first week of the year.

Here he is, as usual, at the final whistle not bothering to join the players and staff in clapping the sell-out home crowd who pay for his wages.

049997b9a2842be92208e17580a4fc3a.jpg

We need better than flitty, players like him who play well for 15 games in front of the scouts and then go missing.

Bin him off now, play someone who wants to be here, and start rebuilding.
Don't disagree. He obviously doesn't want to stay, so let him go. I know he's made an ROI squad, but I still don't see him as more than a good L1 player

Don't disagree. He obviously doesn't want to stay, so let him go. I know he's made an ROI squad, but I still don't see him as more than a good L1 player

He went mentally months ago. An absolute passenger today who looks like he’s here to pick up a wage, keep fit and not get injured.

He was good in the game v Burton that I saw but from the sounds of it his form has dropped off again.

Was told he is going Cardiff, probably rubbish but he’s clearly off and has been for a long time

I said this the other day he's been garbage lack of any sort of conviction in tackles, shots and all round gameplay see ya the grass isn't always greener.

Very easy to say in hindsight, but would have been better to get a decent fee in Jan for him.

Hasn't been the same since + don't think it's coincidence the best he played was leading up to the transfer window.

We gonna get the same thread on a number of other players?

Go for it, it’s a free country.

Long had a shocker today too, but at least he keeps giving his all.

I want to talk about Sykes because he couldn’t be bothered to applaud the fans, again, which is all the more disrespectful given that he put in a half-arsed performance, again.

He's a good player but he's not a cam sort of player it's a shame we won't get a fee for him . But we need to move on and replace him with a stronger player we had this problem last year and never sorted it.

He's a good player but he's not a cam sort of player it's a shame we won't get a fee for him . But we need to move on and replace him with a stronger player we had this problem last year and never sorted it.

If we’d found ourselves in the Championship, I wouldn’t have seen him as playing very much.

As you and others have said, we really should have cashed out when he was having his Asa Hall like goalrush.

Brannagan opitimises a professional he gives 110percent it will be a huge loss losing him in the summer without him in recent games we've looked bang average! Let's be honest
Latest scapegoat.
Hardly a Scapegoat I'd call him a asshole waste of space who thinks he's bigger than our club but hey ho and that's being polite.

Bit harsh this thread on Sykes from today's performance I'd much rather have Sykes in the team than Holland who was shite today
I can't wait to find out who gets the boot put in them on Friday I can guarantee it won't be long who was pants today or Taylor who didn't have a sniff today

I think it's hugely unfair to criticise Sykes performance, today or throughout the season. Today he looked as hungry as anyone and put a number of balls across the box that should have resulted in goals. He also tracked back well and at one point was our last defender.

If that was 50% then it explains why we've struggled as that was better than many at 100%

The clapping at the end of the game is strange as its something he doesn't do much regardless of the result. I think he is very emotional and probably just wants to get off the pitch. I don't agree with it, but it's not new.

I think it's hugely unfair to criticise Sykes performance, today or throughout the season. Today he looked as hungry as anyone and put a number of balls across the box that should have resulted in goals. He also tracked back well and at one point was our last defender.

If that was 50% then it explains why we've struggled as that was better than many at 100%

The clapping at the end of the game is strange as its something he doesn't do much regardless of the result. I think he is very emotional and probably just wants to get off the pitch. I don't agree with it, but it's not new.

Looking less than “hungry” for the winner.

Absolutely stuffed on whatever his signing-on fee is I’d say.

• Sad
Reactions: Ian
Looking less than “hungry” for the winner.

Absolutely stuffed on whatever his signing-on fee is I’d say.

Yes, it was a half arsed attempt to track back but there were plenty of others who should have done more to stop that goal.

You're normally one of the more measured posters and I think it's the result that is leaving you looking for someone to blame. I'm just not sure that you've got the right target this time.

Back
Top Bottom