General Mark Ashton

You could say that, but if we were in their position I doubt you'd call us 'pointless'. In recent years they've had a successful model and shown how you can run a football club in regards to renovating their stadium, playing good football and developing players to sell for a profit.

When Steve Cotterill took them over in 2013 they were in the League One relegation zone, and they've gone from that to consistently finishing in the top half of the Championship, even challenging for the play-offs on some occasions.

Also throw in the fact that in recent years they've sold Bobby Reid for £10m, Lloyd Kelly for £13m, Adam Webster for £20m and Josh Brownhill for £9m, it shows they're doing something right. And after all, they're not the worst side in Bristol, are they?

But I bet their supporters say exactly the same as we do about promotion and progression.

Us fans are never happy!
I thought I read a few months ago that they didn't like his sustainability approach of selling their best players for a profit, rather than keeping them and going for promotion to the EPL.

I thought I read a few months ago that they didn't like his sustainability approach of selling their best players for a profit, rather than keeping them and going for promotion to the EPL.
Strange isn’t it when fans get upset at their club making money and in doing so runs less of a risk of getting into financial trouble. I can’t imagine any of our fans complaining at a similar model 👀

Bristol City fans on their forum + Twitter really don't like him. Strange, from the outside I thought he'd done a decent job.

Watford fans also don't like him. I think at both places he had to make unpopular decisions that were necessary for the ongoing stability of the clubs.

Back
Top Bottom