General Mark Ashton

I can see Ipswich being a force in League One next season. An excellent manager at this level in Paul Cook who will have a summer window to build a squad, a new board who will probably invest during their first transfer window and if Mark Ashton joins he's pretty decent in terms of player recruitment.

If he leaves Brizzle City , will he loose his EFL ringwraith seat (as a representative of a Championship club) ?

I can see Ipswich being a force in League One next season. An excellent manager at this level in Paul Cook who will have a summer window to build a squad, a new board who will probably invest during their first transfer window and if Mark Ashton joins he's pretty decent in terms of player recruitment.

I agree that the set up there is looking pretty impressive. There are no guarantees of course, but they're a club who have fallen under the radar a little since coming down and will definitely be one to watch next season.

I agree that the set up there is looking pretty impressive. There are no guarantees of course, but they're a club who have fallen under the radar a little since coming down and will definitely be one to watch next season.
But, but aren't we suppose to have new investors? Whom I assume are richer than Ipswich's investors

But, but aren't we suppose to have new investors? Whom I assume are richer than Ipswich's investors
Our current investors are richer, but assuming that we revert back from a wage limit to a percentage of income, then we will be limited by the stadium situation. Ipswich have the foundations to be a big club with the right personnel there.

Rumours of Cook leaving with Ashton wanting his own manager. Similar to what happened with Waddock.

Cook was turnt down by Ashton for the Bristol city in the summer

Our current investors are richer, but assuming that we revert back from a wage limit to a percentage of income, then we will be limited by the stadium situation. Ipswich have the foundations to be a big club with the right personnel there.
Correct - 20,000 capacity stadium with the potential to fill it each week if they start well given their history - that's a lot of ticket revenue.

Are there any loopholes whereby owners can gift sums to clubs?

Why are Bristol City so pointless? They just sit there in mid championship for decades at a time. Get back in the top league, or come to Lge 1, just do something!

Rumours of Cook leaving with Ashton wanting his own manager. Similar to what happened with Waddock.

Cook was turnt down by Ashton for the Bristol city in the summer
Or maybe he knew he would be heading to Ipswich with the takeover on the cards and wanted Cook for Ipswich therefore blocking him getting the Bristol City job.

No idea but i like a conspiracy theory.

• React
Reactions: m
True, but I wonder how many of the EFL clubs will stick to FFP if it is bought back?

Why are Bristol City so pointless? They just sit there in mid championship for decades at a time. Get back in the top league, or come to Lge 1, just do something!
You could say that, but if we were in their position I doubt you'd call us 'pointless'. In recent years they've had a successful model and shown how you can run a football club in regards to renovating their stadium, playing good football and developing players to sell for a profit.

When Steve Cotterill took them over in 2013 they were in the League One relegation zone, and they've gone from that to consistently finishing in the top half of the Championship, even challenging for the play-offs on some occasions.

Also throw in the fact that in recent years they've sold Bobby Reid for £10m, Lloyd Kelly for £13m, Adam Webster for £20m and Josh Brownhill for £9m, it shows they're doing something right. And after all, they're not the worst side in Bristol, are they?

You could say that, but if we were in their position I doubt you'd call us 'pointless'. In recent years they've had a successful model and shown how you can run a football club in regards to renovating their stadium, playing good football and developing players to sell for a profit.

When Steve Cotterill took them over in 2013 they were in the League One relegation zone, and they've gone from that to consistently finishing in the top half of the Championship, even challenging for the play-offs on some occasions.

Also throw in the fact that in recent years they've sold Bobby Reid for £10m, Lloyd Kelly for £13m, Adam Webster for £20m and Josh Brownhill for £9m, it shows they're doing something right. And after all, they're not the worst side in Bristol, are they?
Yes of course this is the sensible view. I just get bored thinking about them. Even Rovers are more exciting. It would be good to see them in the Prem though I guess their model involves selling players once they get good, which can mean you get a bit stuck at one level.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom